Portal gun...

flimflamm

Since telescience was removed I was thinking about what sort of functionality was lost and what could replace it. The answer is a two way portal gun!

In order to keep it pricey, make it require max research and an anomaly core to complete.

It has a toggle to create portals of two colors. (would look like hand tele portal). When both portals are open they teleport to one another.

The gun can remotely remove individual portals in order to place new ones. Multi tools, stuns, lazers, also disable portals. Otherwise the portals could be ???permanent???.

I would use this late round for rescuing people and sending them to medbay, or if i was a part of a group of antags, for shenanigans.

Thoughts? How could such a device be heavily abused?

I thought... I think, Nienhaus(?) made a portal gun sprite some time ago, didn't they?

Also, permanent portals are a TERRIBLE idea. Everything else is meh with me.

EDIT: Also, just FYI, telescience wasn't removed. You can still make the necessary machinery, you just can't loltelethief at roundstart anymore.

Edited by Guest

I thought... I think, Nienhaus(?) made a portal gun sprite some time ago, didn't they?

Also, permanent portals are a TERRIBLE idea. Everything else is meh with me.

maybe not permanent, but lasting awhile so that the gun is useful.

a stun baton, a multi tool, a lazer, anythign electric, can disable the portal and make it dissappear.

Plus only two portals can exist at once per gun.

I have but one request if this is added.

A custom suicide message where you infiniloop yourself then slam into the ground

Make it shatter every single bone in your body :^)

If this follows PORTAL logic then I don't think I mind the idea of it. It would be a fun little thing for R&D to rig up and play with. Sure it'll make them massive trolls but just imagine the !!FUN!!

I think R&D Would need to try a little harder in order to truly be massive trolls:

GLaDOS_zpseej2aheu.png?t=1443751602

All jokes aside though I support this suggestion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use