Stuttering as a disability?

thippo

I think it would be cool to have stuttering as a disability. I find it annoying to manually stutter my speech on my shy character, and this would be even easier to implement than the slurred speech from drinking. Speaking of that, slurring could override stuttering, because the booze takes away your inhibitions. Thoughts?

And I'm sure people who mimic any kind of accent find it annoying that they have to ty-

wot?

If you're too lazy to add some flavour to your character, don't add aforementioned flavour to your character.

I'm sorry if that sounds mean, but it's the truth of the matter.

I would rather see speech prefixing more widely available (As seen in PAi's, but maybe not the same options) than "selectable accents".

On a serious note, I think if you want something like this, work for it and put it in yourself. A-aut-to st-stutt-ter would be bad if you ask me and may or may not make me toolbox you to the point where you stutter with or without wanting to.

Edited by Guest

I'm going to say no , depsite having a characther who often stutters. The actual stutter disability is merely annoying and excessive, as it uses the exact kind of stutter when you are in imense pain.

If you want to stutter, then just do it yourself.

The stutter disability is based on actual stuttering in real life, not the kind that shy characters use, which is what you see it used for often. It will be far far more irritating compared to t-t-typing it out like this, I assure you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use