Atv& Segway

Lolzyking

The segway is currently broken (no known plans of fixing it), same for the snowmobiles on the old clown planet away mission (now removed).

I would assume that ATVs would be a reskin of the snowmobile in terms of functionality, and thus would suffer the same issues. The vehicle code is horrible from my understanding, and most if not all discussions about it tends to result in "it's not worth fixing" or "SS13 wasn't meant to work with vehicles properly".

Look at the ambulance cart of the paramedic: it simply acts weird and isn't really "better" than walking.

It's in the game still. I've spawned it in on a local server to move botany crates easier. I guess the icons don't always stay where they should but it's not like they are flying everywhere.

Why not instead of spawning the tug in Cargo you just bring back the cargo orders for the tug and carts?

It's in the game still. I've spawned it in on a local server to move botany crates easier. I guess the icons don't always stay where they should but it's not like they are flying everywhere.

Why not instead of spawning the tug in Cargo you just bring back the cargo orders for the tug and carts?

I'd kind of like this.

Bring back mile-long cargo trains toot toot 2k15

I'd kind of like this.

Bring back mile-long cargo trains toot toot 2k15

While you're at it, mod in being able to put machines on it, if only admin activated. I think I remember someone in Bay putting a shield generator on one. Not sure how that worked out but a mobile vendor would be interesting :P

Goon has segways. They appear to work to my untrained eye.

(plus there is nothing better than stealing a sec officer's ID, breaking into sec, stealing a secway and ramming into sec officers and Command, yelling incoherently about the thunderdome, recovering first, farting in your victims face and running off)

The segway is currently broken (no known plans of fixing it), same for the snowmobiles on the old clown planet away mission (now removed).

I would assume that ATVs would be a reskin of the snowmobile in terms of functionality, and thus would suffer the same issues. The vehicle code is horrible from my understanding, and most if not all discussions about it tends to result in "it's not worth fixing" or "SS13 wasn't meant to work with vehicles properly".

Look at the ambulance cart of the paramedic: it simply acts weird and isn't really "better" than walking.

ATV, Motorcycle, and sports car all work fine actually.

tg has segways too they are finnicky little shits. Not quite broken but very underused given how easy it is to lose your shit. I wouldn't mind cargo trains back in, I'd love to get tg's Janicart back (with the RnD upgrade to give it a floor scrubber so you basically get to be a janiborg.) ATVs don't make a lot of sense on space station, though if a coder could fix them up for away missions, that'd be neat (and give the Mechanic something to build other than pods)

ATVs might seem out of place onboard the Cyberiad itself, but if they could tug an ore box or crate, I bet the miners would love them.

Well, right up until they crash right into a goliath, but still.

Actually, come to think of it, some miners might be crazy enough to try ramming goliaths...

Is there actually any need for this except for making the HoS slightly faster (and an even more attractive target)?

Is any other reason really needed?

Not really. Sometimes, (all the time) criminals (especially the antagonistic ones.) LOVE to run. If Sec had Segways then people are more likely to get caught again if they chew their cuffs/escape shittily otherwise. Which may be a bit OP, but so are Freedom Implants and cuff chewing.

I remember a round on Hippie where the warden was chasing me with a segway, firing a taser.

They were so fast, they would get hit with their own electrodes as they fired them.

I remember a round on Hippie where the warden was chasing me with a segway, firing a taser.

They were so fast, they would get hit with their own electrodes as they fired them.

Sec pod has this problem, you'll run into your own lasers if you keep moving while firing. Nothing quite like getting wrecked by a megacarp because you block your own shots.

Back on topic, segway speed is a finicky subject. The faster they go the more vulernable to crashing they should be. Segways that are slighty faster than jackbooted sec but slower than regular uninhibited crew could reasonably be resitant to water and banana slips (but not space lube and equivelants). Segways fast as crew should be vuleranble to all types of slippage, and segways faster than crew should crash/eject the driver to prone if they run into crew or other impassable objects like water tanks, closed lockers and doors they don't have access to.

Siren on the segway would be cool, bonus points if emagging the segway makes the siren honk instead

Back on topic, segway speed is a finicky subject. The faster they go the more vulernable to crashing they should be. Segways that are slighty faster than jackbooted sec but slower than regular uninhibited crew could reasonably be resitant to water and banana slips (but not space lube and equivelants). Segways fast as crew should be vuleranble to all types of slippage, and segways faster than crew should crash/eject the driver to prone if they run into crew or other impassable objects like water tanks, closed lockers and doors they don't have access to.

Siren on the segway would be cool, bonus points if emagging the segway makes the siren honk instead

Segways should be faster than crew to catch up to them. Maybe make it modular speed settings, like cruising or chase. That way to avoid constant wrecks. Also if going straight on a slip surface depending the speed you shouldn't slip unless you make a turn, which would make you (POWAR)slide. Only fall off if you crash into someone/thing I say.

Maybe make upgrades for it or hack it to give features like super speed or stuff. That's an after thought though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use