Security SoP updates

necaladun

As part of a plan to overhaul SoP and space law, I've started by adding SoP to each security job's pages.

Although not immediate grounds for a job ban, violation can be grounds for being fired, and repeatedly being fired from your job comes under rule 3.

Feel free to fix any typos on the page yourself. If you disagree with particulars, please post here so I can fix them up.

How far does responsibility for bad conduct extend to the HoS with this change? Because I've reported misconduct to an HoS/IA before but rarely do they care enough IC to fire someone or at least investigate.

I would really like a station where an HoS takes charge of discipline in the security force.

You may want to put something in the permabrigging procedure for vox and plasmamen as well, just so people cant go 'I was following the permabrig procedure, I'm not responsible for this vox suffocating!' or the same for them taking the plasmaman's suit off

You may want to put something in the permabrigging procedure for vox and plasmamen as well, just so people cant go 'I was following the permabrig procedure, I'm not responsible for this vox suffocating!' or the same for them taking the plasmaman's suit off

If they are obtuse enough to not know that plasmamen or vox die when stripped, they really shouldn't be playing security.

That being said, it would be a good idea to include the information.

It's obvious that stripping vox or plasmen of their suit is an action done with pretty much lethal intent

The officer doing that would be in violation of the law, I think

With that said, do their tanks last a 2 hour round?

Vox, yes.

I once survived a three hour rev round without having to refill.

I haven't toyed with my plasmaman character too much yet, so I have no idea for them.

With that said, do their tanks last a 2 hour round?

Vox, yes.

I once survived a three hour rev round without having to refill.

I haven't toyed with my plasmaman character too much yet, so I have no idea for them.

They do not, which reminds me I need to bug one of the coders to fix the Plasman tank.

Can we get something added to SoP about Medical Attention and priority? I've had far too many Detectives, Officers and even the occasional Head of Security preventing me or other doctors/Paramedics from doing their job in cases of a crime scene.

They refuse to allow suspected criminals to be given medical treatment, murder victims bodies are held for 30+ minutes some times as part of an investigation, and on several times I've had to hear over the radio how the paramedic was arrested for trying to grab a body because the detective wasn't done with it yet, myself having been arrested as well several times for grabbing crew members who were in critical condition and trying to take them to medical for treament only to get stunned and cuffed without a word from security.

Maybe I'm reading space law wrong here, but from my understanding Medical Requirements of the Crew is always supposed to trump Security Investigations and matters, especially in the case of life saving or life restoring procedures such as surgery and cloning, made all the more ridiculous in Security holding onto dead bodies like the cloner will destroy evidence, when the body can easily be taken to the morgue for an autopsy not but 5 seconds after cloning has begun to get a more detailed report on their wounds and cause of death, rather than a shaky report on who all touched the body since the round start.

Can we get something added to SoP about Medical Attention and priority? I've had far too many Detectives, Officers and even the occasional Head of Security preventing me or other doctors/Paramedics from doing their job in cases of a crime scene.

This will be in there, along these lines:

Murder victims are to be cloned ASAP, investigation/autopsy on the dead body afterwards.

Prisoners get treatment if it is required to save their life ASAP.

Non-Critical treatment is basically at the warden's discretion - you don't get to demand a trip to medbay for burning your hand on the lightbulb in the cell.

The timer remains running while you're being treated.

Attempting escape while being treated means your timer is reset when you're returned to your cell. (With additional time if you attacked medbay staff etc).

If you're going to be executed, then medical care is unneccesarry but may be done for humane reasons at the HoS/Captains discretion.

Permabrigged people get life-saving medical care ASAP, and get non-critical healing at a priority beneath the rest of the crew.

This will be in there, along these lines:

Murder victims are to be cloned ASAP, investigation/autopsy on the dead body afterwards.

Prisoners get treatment if it is required to save their life ASAP.

Non-Critical treatment is basically at the warden's discretion - you don't get to demand a trip to medbay for burning your hand on the lightbulb in the cell.

The timer remains running while you're being treated.

Attempting escape while being treated means your timer is reset when you're returned to your cell. (With additional time if you attacked medbay staff etc).

If you're going to be executed, then medical care is unnecessary but may be done for humane reasons at the HoS/Captains discretion.

Permabrigged people get life-saving medical care ASAP, and get non-critical healing at a priority beneath the rest of the crew.

Well, that clears that up, thank you.

I do have a minor nitpick about Weapons and codes, largely because of the discussion we had in Deadchat a week ago.

Weapons worn by security/headstaff are to be holstered, except in emergencies.

Can you define holstered, as I have a point of contention that wearing a weapon on your exosuit slot or belt slot (not IN the belt, but wearing it instead of a belt) should most certainly NOT count as holstered as you can clearly see the weapon and remove it, last week in the discussion you said that wearing a Stun Baton or Taser on the Exosuit slot was NOT an SoP Violation in Code Green.

Stowing it in bags, or better yet giving All Security Officers (And Warden and Head of Security) Holsters like the Detective that can hold Tasers, Stun Batons, Pepper Spray or possibly (but realistically not likely) Energy Guns and Laser Guns, should be the only acceptable options.

OOC reasons for this is because of how damn easy it for someone like the Clown or any Civilian who can get some water or a banana to trip and strip these dangerous items.

IC my reason is this;

Code Green is Standard or 'All-Clear' for the Station, everyone is co-workers and a 'typical' shift Security mostly keeps them self busy by patrolling the halls, enforcing no littering policies and having to deal with the occasional break in or personal theft and the not-so-rare bar brawl as people get drunk towards the end of their shifts. They don't openly show weapons because the crew is here to do jobs and doesn't need to be threatened, even passively, to keep order. Security walking around with Tasers or Stun Batons, or just their Armored vests, would be unusual and cause concern and worry among the crew, and a distracted crew lowers productivity.

Code Blue is suspected threat. SOMETHING is happening that shouldn't be, a crew member was found dead with clear signs of foul play, break ins or even thefts in high security areas have been detected, Syndicate activity has been noticed, unusual activity in the tunnels or a Cult or Revolution is brewing and Command is finding evidence of it's activity. The Crew is probably getting worried now, they aren't as safe on this station as they were promised, so Security is making a show of force. They don the armor, they have the weapons out but they aren't aiming them at the crew. They are showing they aren't defenseless and are capable of protecting the crew. Patrols become more frequent, and Security is looking tirelessly for the source of the threat to remove it. Security shouldn't be threatening the crew or tearing apart work places without some evidence or reasonable suspicion that they are in someway related to the threat.

Also, as the guy behind this SoP (also thanks to Neca for refurbishing several points), I'd like to add this caveat:

Breaching Standard Operating Procedure is grounds for termination, but, at the end of the day, actual termination of contract is left at the RELEVANT HEAD OF STAFF'S DISCRETION.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use