Add an emergency IPC kit to medbay

PokeMoney

Robotics can be slow/non existent at times, and sometimes IPCs need to be repaired. I suggest it would be best that we add an emergency IPC repair kit into the CMO's office so then the surgeon can fix things then and there

Coding Difficulty: Adding things to Map

I suggest that the box contains:

A set of robotic limbs

A welder

A bit of cable coil

Welding goggles

Welders and cable coils can be easily obtained from around the station.

Welding goggles not needed for IPC repair and would be greytided away within five minutes of roundstart.

The robotic limbs which fall off the IPC can be reused and reattached, unless that was changed.

The robotic limbs which fall off the IPC can be reused and reattached, unless that was changed.

Incorrect, you have to make new ones. Trust me.

The rest of what you said is pretty true, however.

I suggested putting it into the CMO's office, to prevent greytiding. Also I never knew that we did not need goggles to weld an IPC. My main focus was mainly the limbs.

It wouldn't be the worst thing to have a few welders and cable coils sitting around in medbay, for robotic limbs and IPCs. A whole medkit for IPC repair would be neat. Some cable coils, a welder, and a couple syringes of liquid solder and degreaser.

Incorrect, you have to make new ones. Trust me.

The rest of what you said is pretty true, however.

Fair enough.

Also, come to think of it, cyborg analysers might be a good thing to add to the nanovends.

I don't really think it's necessary.

Part of my normal routine when I am in medbay is to go and grab a few welders and cable. I tend to keep some up by the front desk and some back towards surgery. It's something that is easily obtained and it really doesn't take long to add that to the list of things to do at round start. I don't think there needs to be another thing that people don't have to remember to do, it's not like medbay starts with extra things for other races that need special things to deal with 'em. =/

I would just adore a mini-fabricator that RnD could make that would be able to print out Robotic Limbs (and only limbs), could be upgraded for those special schematics like the limbs you can spawn with at round start. Just my 2 cents.

Medbay really isn't supposed to deal much either either IPCs or Robotic limbs. Ideally, we would have the full overhaul of roobitcs into cybernetics as an inbetween, but it doesn't look like this has happened.

Adding more ability for medbay to deal with these things adds more expectation for medbay to deal with these things. Expecting medbay players to know all the chems, surgeries, damage types, genetics, and viruses is a huge ask - let alone a whole different set of things for IPCs.

All in all, I think a better bet is to encourage robotics to fix IPCs more, and have the tools to do so at their disposal. For just panelbeating, finding a friendly engineer - or even greytider with a loaded toolbox - is really all that's needed.

Because that'd make them basically immortal, as toxin/O2 they can't (ok can but not meant to) take damage from, need very little surgery, and thus could bypass a huge amount of challenges/problems by just repairing themselves constantly.

It'd make more sense if they couldn't repair their torso/head, but could do their limbs, to match with other cybernetics though

Because that'd make them basically immortal, as toxin/O2 they can't (ok can but not meant to) take damage from, need very little surgery, and thus could bypass a huge amount of challenges/problems by just repairing themselves constantly.

It'd make more sense if they couldn't repair their torso/head, but could do their limbs, to match with other cybernetics though

I'll list some experiences I've had.

- One hit death from pneumatic cannon. Completely undamaged prior.

- Touched a shocked door, lost my arm and hurt my other arm to the point where it was unusable, making self repair impossible.

- Tried to touch a vending machine, ended up being shocked, lost a hand.

- Was sitting in Assembly, guy comes up behind me with a toolbox, knocks me over before I even have the chance to click on my back, continues to hit me with the toolbox, and before you could even call for help, dead.

- Was talking in interrogation, get shot by a few lasers, dead before you could finish saying "why?"

- Walked into a depressurized area for a few seconds, suffered enough damage to make my arms unusable and my legs horribly broken.

- Attempted to help fight a spider, ended up dead and unfixable due to toxins (granted, it was before the toxin chem was in).

- Walked into maint, get killed by a megacarp before I could click on my welder, turn it on, and then click on the carp or, if we had self repair, myself.

- Got hit by a random thing some random guy threw, I had that damage stuck with me the entire rest of the round.

- 1 EMP = death

- Got hit 3-4 times by the captains laser rifle, dead.

- Walked into an incredibly hot room, burned to death. (One of my few temperature related deaths)

Now for revival/abandonment

- HoS throws head into disposals

- Roboticist debrains the IPC and the IPC has human organs, making it impossible to stick the IPC back into his own body

- Roboticist gets an IPC head and does nothing with it, instead going on to make borgs.

- Medical gets an IPC head and doesn't recognize that it's a head, disposaled.

- Got thrown into the singulo.

- Died by an EMP, repeaired all brute and burn, still not alive due to oxygen damage, and when that's fixed, every single organ is broken, even organs IPCs do not have.

-Slipped on space lube, lost a hand after slipping 2-3 times

- Head not found.

- Body not found, head left on table

- Head and body together, limbs not found, didn't get revived

- Parts thrown at sec, sec leaves the parts instead of treating them as a dead body.

- Played hot potato with my head between medical and science. Robotics wanted no part with IPCs, and medbay wasn't competent enough to say that it was their job, so they infinitely tossed me back and forth until eventually I was lobotomized and put into a borg.

- Lost my arm in two hits to an alien hunter, fell over, dead in three more hits.

- Lost my leg to two-three hits, dead after falling over.

- Sent into crit by a carp, dragged around to medical, medical has no idea what to do, I have no pulse, can't be cloned, morgued as a guy in crit.

Brute and Burn damage are the two most common damage types in the game, used by almost every weapon, every ability, every malfunction with electronics, etc.

Tox damage is hardly seen until you ignore an infection for long enough, or get a virus (which, to be honest, there haven't been a lot of recently) that gives you tox, that or spiders, which kill IPCs anyway, or traitors, with the health analyzer or ebow.

Oxy damage is hardly ever seen without low pressure, IPCs die to pressure very quickly.

The problem isn't so much lack of surgery or "constantly repairing yourself". The problem is, where in combat is an unprepared IPC, going to be able to aim for and repair part damage, while he's being attacked in multiple places, much less be able to take out and turn on the welder. If they were fighting nuke ops, and happened to be prepared. That still wouldn't stop you from dying in a one vs. one match. Unless they came at you with guns and aimed for the same spot every single time, you couldn't possibly predict and keep track of where they were hitting, not to mention if they had a higher ping than you did, you're dead. This is especially true when the main thing is, disarm spam = win. Also note, you have to alternate between the welder, so in a fight situation you'd need to either shut off and put away the welder, taking out the cable coil, or you'd need to carry both, leaving you pretty much defenseless unless you were close enough and quick enough to use the welder as a weapon. Denying the ability to fix a torso or head to a robot that can most likely touch said parts of its body, as well as know about them in detail is sort of odd.

Medbay really isn't supposed to deal much either either IPCs or Robotic limbs. Ideally, we would have the full overhaul of roobitcs into cybernetics as an inbetween, but it doesn't look like this has happened.

Adding more ability for medbay to deal with these things adds more expectation for medbay to deal with these things. Expecting medbay players to know all the chems, surgeries, damage types, genetics, and viruses is a huge ask - let alone a whole different set of things for IPCs.

All in all, I think a better bet is to encourage robotics to fix IPCs more, and have the tools to do so at their disposal. For just panelbeating, finding a friendly engineer - or even greytider with a loaded toolbox - is really all that's needed.

IPCs go to medical bay, quite often, out of habit because Medical bay will always have at least 1 staff member in it. It's fairly rare for even low pop rounds to at least not have a Doctor + CMO/Chemist/Virologist. Robotics is really a throw of the dice IF they are even staffing the place, and even more if the Robocisist isn't SSD out of boredom cause they can't build their murder mechs because miners haven't been spoon feeding them metals. Not only that, a lot of Roboticists clamp down the shutters, leave Mechbay Closed and ignore any and all radio chatter asking for limbs/repairs or just robot requests such as medibots or cleanerbots.

You ask most regular Robotics players, and they tell you its not their job to maintain IPCs, they focus exlusively on Mechs and Borgs, quite often they'll never even repair borgs because they are 'unsalvageable' which is a pretty blatant lie. Once upon a time Robotics relied on Medical for debraining, but now they have a surgical center with everything they need for debraining and fixing brain damage (sans a bone setter and bone glue for some odd reason, yet they have fix-o-veins), so why the hell not give Medical a means to produce Prosthetics if Robotics is all SSD or not doing their jobs?

Giving Medical even the most basic ability to repair and restore IPCs to functioning status would go a long way. It's far to damn easy for IPCs to get nearly fatally wounded and lots of players won't even bother helping them, assuming all players laying on the ground are dead or SSD. Laying infront of the Robotics window hoping that 1 of 3 possible people who might be working in there will notice you isn't a very comforting thought, but sitting in the medical lobby will eventually get you looked at and someone trying to help you.

Diona Gestalts.

Don't care about toxins, oxygen or really even brute damage so long as they have flash lights, can EVA without a suit and live basically forever, infact the best way to heal a Gestalt is to just chuck them out onto solars and wait for starlight to bring them back to full. I'm not even certain Gestalts can break limbs, I've been playing this game for nearly 2 years now and have yet to do a bone surgery on a Gestalt, the only surgery I recall doing was removing the nymph from a gestalt on the orders of a Captain a long time ago for a reasons I don't even remember. And to top it all off, Gestalts don't get paincrit or collapse from damage until they are basically already in crit. About the only 3 downsides a gestalt has are 1) They lose health in dark places, which is easily countered by carrying flashlights in your pockets/exosuit slot. 2) They move at a snails pace, which can be annoying but hardly ever stops them from getting about. And 3) They are exceptionally vulnerable to weed killer, of which only Botany starts with, Chemistry and Science Chem can produce some but it's such a weak poison people rarely go for it.

Gestalts are a free race, IPCs are 15 Karma. If you want to talk about unstoppable power gaming races, look at Gestalts, their speed debuff is the only reason you don't see more people using them since it's too easy to run away from them.

That is all.

Diona Gestalts.

Don't care about toxins, oxygen or really even brute damage so long as they have flash lights, can EVA without a suit and live basically forever, infact the best way to heal a Gestalt is to just chuck them out onto solars and wait for starlight to bring them back to full. I'm not even certain Gestalts can break limbs, I've been playing this game for nearly 2 years now and have yet to do a bone surgery on a Gestalt, the only surgery I recall doing was removing the nymph from a gestalt on the orders of a Captain a long time ago for a reasons I don't even remember. And to top it all off, Gestalts don't get paincrit or collapse from damage until they are basically already in crit. About the only 3 downsides a gestalt has are 1) They lose health in dark places, which is easily countered by carrying flashlights in your pockets/exosuit slot. 2) They move at a snails pace, which can be annoying but hardly ever stops them from getting about. And 3) They are exceptionally vulnerable to weed killer, of which only Botany starts with, Chemistry and Science Chem can produce some but it's such a weak poison people rarely go for it.

Gestalts are a free race, IPCs are 15 Karma. If you want to talk about unstoppable power gaming races, look at Gestalts, their speed debuff is the only reason you don't see more people using them since it's too easy to run away from them.

That is all.

All of this.

I agree and sorta disagree really.

Maybe give the Medical Borg a welder and some cable coil, as well as a mini-fabber that can do it. That way, it totally does not MURDER the whole purpose of robotics, but it does not need to totally rely on them too.

Borg would also need a surgeon to attach the limbs, so there is still quite a bit of interaction.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use