Police Dog

Fruerlund

Just imagine, you running down the halls and suddenly BARK! BARK! BARK! and the dog chases off.

How it works? Well, basicly just Beepsky(you can drag the dog around, or set to patrol), with a replaced Ian icon. Stun sound? Replace with a bark sound, messages? Remove em, or change em to bark bark!

Would make for an interesting RP, though let's be honest, greytide would make it their mission to toolbox and washing machine the poor bastard every round.

@Rumiluntti: I'd honestly rather have the dog. Security has been getting bad from what I've seen, promoting a mutt or poo flinging monkey above them would maybe send a message.

Would make for an interesting RP, though let's be honest, greytide would make it their mission to toolbox and washing machine the poor bastard every round.

@Rumiluntti: I'd honestly rather have the dog. Security has been getting bad from what I've seen, promoting a mutt or poo flinging monkey above them would maybe send a message.

I was a Police Monkey on a yog station round once, had ID, backpack,baton,taser etc and all. But in the end I was turned into burgers by a clown. So its a fun idea with Police Monkey.

I'd rather not have a legitimately uncommunicating security officer in addition to the shitcurity that refuses to communicate with the suspects.

I would, It would be legitimately uncommunicating as opposed to just uncommunicative...

Nobody wants a Voxcurity officer with a German Shepard?

I think we should instead modify beepsky to where he can follow the HoS or warden around at a command from someones PDA, and he attacks whoever the HoS/warden clicks on with harm intent.

Already works like that. Call beepsky over with your PDA, disable patrolling, drag him along and set people to arrest. Its a pretty crap way to play sec though.

Already works like that. Call beepsky over with your PDA, disable patrolling, drag him along and set people to arrest. Its a pretty crap way to play sec though.

Easy to abuse, but not sure I'd call it crap. If used to arrest legitimate suspects or wanted criminals, it's a good way to stop some chuckle fuck from disarming you. If used to slap and cuff some poor bastard who called you a comdom, than yeah it's just shitcurity with an RC car.

Remind you of someone? COUGH Ian.

Let's make it a German Shepherd. I'm sick of corgis, to be honest. Let's give it a security headset so it can bark on the radio every now and then. Also, question: How can it be like Beepsky if it can't cuff people? And what would be the point of adding a dog Beepsky?

It should bring a new addition to Sec, not just be a rehashed Beepsky, to be honest. Let's make it so we have, maybe, two dogs. Both German Shepherds. They would be player controlled, and would be able to sniff out contraband. Now bear in mind I haven't read any other posts on this thread so if I'm just restating everyone else's ideas, forgive me. Anyway, they would sniff out drugs, LSD, space drugs, ambrosia?, and of course dangerous things like drugs and everything. They're player controlled, so the person controlling them would only sniff those who are suspicious, or whoever their handler tells them to sniff.

The dog shouldn't patrol the station alone, it should be in the rules for it to only patrol with Security personnel. This gives the dog protection from greytiders on a mission to kill it, and it keeps it from going around sniffing and biting people without permission.

So, the dog has a passive ability. The ablility allows it to sense if any of the sec personnel is being attacked or in danger. For example, if an unknown person is walking past a sec officer, and he's wearing a mask or something, the player controlling the dog has the option to bark.

I can't really expand on that any further because I woke up like an hour ago. I'm just gonna name the dog Rex so I can stop calling it "the dog".

Rex has two abilities, SNIFF and BITE. Sniff allows him to sniff contraband out. Bite allows him to stun people for a short amount of time, so to keep someone subdued, one would have to continually bite the perp to keep him or her restrained, and wait for his handlers to come.

I'm on the fence, though I feel the difference between Beepksy and a Police Dog would would be that Beepksy only stuns, cuffs and leaves the subject. A police dog could bite and drag.

Giving the dog's sense of smell a chance to pick up items that might have a distinctive odor (Firearms, Drugs, Food or even clothing worn by and individual the dog has honed in on.) Being able to follow a trail would be nifty. Dog can sniff items or objects, similar to how the Detective's scanner works. Instead of finding fibers or fingerprints, he can find scents. He can lock onto a particular scent and go around sniffing objects, getting a pass/fail response when he sniffs and object if the person interacted with it

As an example, Assistant drops gloves. Assistant runs into tunnels. Dog sniffs gloves. Dog sniffs tunnel door. Pass. Dog sniffs opposite door in tunnel, fail. Assistant didn't touch door. Dog doubles back and sniffs locker in tunnel. Pass. Open locker, find assistant hiding in locker. Scents would need to fade over time (~10-15 minutes sounds good, any case that goes past that is probably cold anyways.)

This could also be used in search and rescue, for example the HoP has his headset torn off by the vampire dragging him away. Dog sniffs headset, gets the trail, and proceeds to follow the trial of doors and tiles that the HoP was dragged over until finding him in a firefighting closet being sucked dry by a vampire.

The Dog could spawn with a K-9 vest, giving him resistance to melee attacks like standard sec armor. This would have an ID attached to it to allow the dog to go through doors. Additional vests could be found in the Warden's office/armory, a bullet proof vest and a riotgear set to offer full protection. Research could design and albative vest for K-9s, it's be important to make anything the police dog can wear, also wearable by Ian and E-N, and vice versa.

Though, this seems more like it should be tagged along side a K-9 Handler who 'summons' the dog upon joining, the dog would have to be removed from traitor/antag roles, though working along side a K-9 handler would allow it to play out /some/ antag roles. No Lings and Cult would be a bit finicky, but Traitor and Vampire would be doable for K-9s.

Hmmm.

Wouldn't it be easiest to just add a German Shepard pet for the Warden?

That way if people wanna RP a police dog, they just join as NPC like now and play the Sec dog?

Give it a few special abilities as well.

And a few rules so people can't become the dog to exclusively be a shit.

Hmmm.

Wouldn't it be easiest to just add a German Shepard pet for the Warden?

That way if people wanna RP a police dog, they just join as NPC like now and play the Sec dog?

Yes spice up the warden please

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use