Limit atmospheric technician to accounts older than 7 days.

Citinited

Self-explanatory, could help against the recent influx of plasma greifers the server's had, and while it might not help that much it's a lot better than just introducing a whitelist to the position.

The problem with these particular plasma griefers is that they use throwaway accounts, making bannings ineffective.

Something does need to be done, though. Temporarily removing the plasma from the atmos tank might have to be the solution, even if it's not a good one.

Hey now that this is a thing, a question for all you atmos nuts. Would replacing the floating rooms outside of atmos with a room that is connected to the atmos much like the Telecoms entryway be feasible. Doing this should let us move the Plasma and N20 canisters out of the rooms but allow them to be put back in if needed, while making it so griffers can't just log in, turn a knob and fuck up the station.

Hey now that this is a thing, a question for all you atmos nuts. Would replacing the floating rooms outside of atmos with a room that is connected to the atmos much like the Telecoms entryway be feasible. Doing this should let us move the Plasma and N20 canisters out of the rooms but allow them to be put back in if needed, while making it so griffers can't just log in, turn a knob and fuck up the station.

I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean, like, an additional room between the big tanks and atmos where you have to actually build piping to connect the big tanks to atmos (but still have the big tanks exist)?

uhh...are you talking about the seven gas storage tanks?

Frankly, there isn't a way to stop determined griffons that know atmos griefing everything, atleast with screwing over antags and atmos completely.

I've seen a few atmos griefers in my time.

The best way of dealing with atmos griff is a fireaxe in the head of the griefers and then fixing it.

The current atmos room works fine. Jobs with good griefy potential will always exist, and the only thing you can do is ensure that admin logs for atmos stuff are as extensive as the ones for bombers.

Maybe have a pipe placings that can be set on plating with a welder, but aren't in the pipe dispensers.

The piping are place between the placings and then are secured to it.

So, you can't just make a whole new set of piping that goes everywhere.

What's this about LINDA atmos being ported or something, I'm sure I got asked to do that but couldn't ever find it. Would that have an effect?

doubtful

straight-up plasmatank in corridor won't be as effective, but someone who knows what they're doing will still be able to end a round as atmos pretty easily.

Quite frankly, anything you do to inconvience Griefers isn't going to do much but slow them down. Unless you are completely changing how Atmos works (and making it much harder to optimize, which will just make legit Atmos techs want to play even less) they are just going to jump through another hoop.

You want a way to better deter atmos griefers? Make it so that activating dangerous gas tanks (Plasma, CO2 or N2O) will throw up a pop up message 'You are activating a [iNSERT GAS HERE] valve. This could have consequences if the loop is not properly configured' at the same time, the Admins should receive a notification that said pump is being interacted with, much the way Beepsky or Medibots inform their respective department of things that would require their attention.

The Mix Loop to Distribution system would also have a similar message. In adopting this method, Admins would get a 2-step notification and heads up of a potential griefer or just a bad player, and can intervene in a timely manner if they feel necessary. If the person is doing something legitimate (such as cooling plasma for Radiation collectors) the admins don't even need to get involved. But if say a griefer is heating plasma and dumping it into the airmix, the admins can take appropriate action to minimize the damage.

Maybe have a pipe placings that can be set on plating with a welder, but aren't in the pipe dispensers.

The piping are place between the placings and then are secured to it.

So, you can't just make a whole new set of piping that goes everywhere.

What?

• 2 months later...

My only objection to this is those rooms are filled with enough gas to run most station processes. (Around 50-80k kpa at any given time) If a griffon wanted to fuck the station in this manner he would bolt doors open and break the wall down. At the current moment the outside tanks not being connected is quite a good thing meaning he cant simultaneously break multiple thousands worth of kpa and fill atmos through the maintenance area with it. I have never filled a room with that much gas and I am not sure it would be a good thing to do. With that said gold line in distribution could come up really easily or you could put pipe caps on tank outs and have a single distribution line leading from the nitrogen oxygen mixer area almost as an alternate route for nitrogen78-80/oxy 22-20 out of the station.

This means that antags technically can still do their job by un pipe capping holding tanks and sending them through the main line but make it less easy for girffers to go DIRECT PUMP BY REPLACING LIKE 2 PIPES

Our current atmos setup is not perfect, but is still one of the best. Only so many atmos setups you can have in the end.

Any mapping changes to atmos to stop grief would also screw over legit atmos techs and malf AIs.

Atmos griff has to be fought in places other then atmos.

so this is what I meant from before:

clamps_by_mrrogueace-d904x1f.png

These things can be only be made by the CE, and can't be taken off (cept for explosives and that just gets rid of them), loosen by a screwdriver so you can replace the pipe (but pipe still needs to wrenched out, maybe) [i spent all night working on this, HA!] but the problem is, is that it limits what atmos can do exactly....

Tthey also don't attach to the pipe first, they are attached to the floor (wrench, welded), then a pipe is placed into it (wrench the pipe to other pipes) then tighten down (screwdriver).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use