No mechs allowed in escape shuttle.

Rumiluntti

There is no reason to have a mech in the escape shuttle and all I have ever seen them being used for is to drill windows, block hallway and to be a massive ding-dong.

We could make it happen IC with changes to SOP.

I have no idea if it's doable with some mapper magic, I'm no coder.

End the mech shittery!

... Should we not just deal with the person directly, should they grief with it before round end, instead of completely disallowing people to bring their creation to the shuttle.

Seems like a slap in the face for any good roboticist, to me, whether or not that they're in it.

Edited by Guest

How about a special mass driver for mechs to leave at round end without going on the shuttle? It would offer some interesting ways of escaping the station for antagonists, and prevent the mech abuse/bottlenecks on the shuttle.

... Should we not just deal with the person directly, should they grief with it before round end, instead of completely disallowing people to bring their creation to the shuttle.

Seems like a slap in the face for any good roboticist, to me, whether or not that they're in it.

Your creation has no function in the escape shuttle and you shouldn't be in a mech as a robotisist anyways.

Is it possible to make shuttle floors to wreck mechs that step on it? It is next to impossible to remove a mech from shuttle without killing bystanders in the process after all.

Yes, the escape shuttle shows whats broken with mechs in every way.

Maybe mechs just shouldn't be able to fit inside the shuttle. (Apart from the cargo bay if one was added.)

Your creation has no function in the escape shuttle and you shouldn't be in a mech as a robotisist anyways.

I'm not saying it has a function. I'm saying it's a waste to let something that could potentially be a whole round project (looking at you, mining) behind.

I also stated that it doesn't matter if the roboticist is in said mech or not, it's still a waste and a slap in the face.

Code already exists, docking ports can prevent mechs from getting onto shuttles. But, it's a really bad idea to prevent people from bringing their mechs onto the shuttle, at best all you do is piss off roboticists and make round-end a bit more fair, I guess? At worst, you have people finding the most exploit-y way to get their precious mechs onto the shuttle, drilling holes into everything just to get on.

Code already exists, docking ports can prevent mechs from getting onto shuttles. But, it's a really bad idea to prevent people from bringing their mechs onto the shuttle, at best all you do is piss off roboticists and make round-end a bit more fair, I guess? At worst, you have people finding the most exploit-y way to get their precious mechs onto the shuttle, drilling holes into everything just to get on.

Not to mention mechs are one of the very few ways to accomplish hijack objectives while the shuttle is actually in-flight.

I would suggest that all mechs are prevented from boarding the shuttle and the user gets a message like "Nanotrasen Mech Protocol forbids boarding of shuttles", unless the mech is emagged, in which case it can board.

We could make the shuttle a bit wider and even add-in passenger compartments separated with windoors for all these nasty bomb emergencies.

You can even see people making DIY compartments themselves from time to time with glass and grilles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use