WANTED: DM for a small group of spehhsmen

Regen

Hello there!

Some time ago, half a year maybe, a group of players from Paradise including myself joined up as a group to play some DnD (5th ed), but due to some rescheduling in our DM's real life work plans, we had to quit after only three sessions.

Non-the less we all found it to be very fun and exiting, thus I am writing this forum post, in hopes that someone else wants to DM a new campaign with our group.

We were all completely or relatively new to DnD and tabletop games in the first place, so no real requirements are put on you if you want to apply, only requirement is that you are fair and follow the DM rules.

We have a teamspeak and Roll20 accounts all set up for communication, so you do not have to worry about that.

PM me or reply to this thread if you'd like to give it a shot, or if you may want to join as a player, no promises though.

Not ffg 40k?

Heresy.

Already have a group for 40k

My Eldar Farseer will reck everyone

• 4 weeks later...

The First Game. Attendee's were DeadDerpy, Mijhead, Joonasm and HairyVoodooShaman. it took 3 weeks to get the game off the ground, but things finally got moving... right when regens couldn't make it. Right before his birthday. The following is a textual recording of the events.

They climbed the mountain and entered the kingdom, they met a useless queen who lent them her strange butler. The group traveled to the city of Ebon where they met a platoon commander who was acting suspicious and meeting with an undead, despite being a paladin. He told them to check out a library for their needs as he departed with his platoon on a mission. As they traveled to the library they found the undead the paladin spoke too, when the undead tried giving them extremely vital info, DeadDerpy had curbstomped its head in because his clothes looked fairly expensive and he wanted a piece of that phat dough. Inside the undeads robes was a small almost organic looking slab of stone.

The group then moved on its own merry way to the library. which contained an atlas of the country (for its era) and a magical red book that sent people to a small pocket dimension within the library tower with a massive used magical rune inside. Upon investigating it, the book was animated with life, and bit two members. They tried to walk out with it but the book made the other books come alive and they are currently flying around in the dark recess of the library like a bunch of bats. They then went to town, attempting to find someone that could tame the books defensive magic that kept them from reading it. Instead the book killed a shopkeep.

Joonasm activated magic device on the organic looking slab of stone that they found in the undeads pockets, which then exploded into spores and infected HairyVoodooShaman, DeadDerpy and the butler with a kind of disease that's turning them into undead.

HairyVoodooShaman's god contacted him in a vision to detail where he had to go to fix his new affliction. Detailing it as "The Stone Mushrooms Beyond Gods Gloom". He was also informed that an unknown deity was behind the effects of the affliction.

Joonasm activated magic device on the organic looking slab of stone that they found in the undeads pockets, which then exploded into spores and infected HairyVoodooShaman, DeadDerpy and the butler with a kind of disease that's turning them into undead.

In my defense i was tired of getting every attempt of Detect magic being answered with "An immense aura eminates from the direction of the stone"

I just want to point out that Detect Magic does a very narrow and specific range of things. Most notably, a high enough Spellcraft check used with it would've identified what the stone slab did when activated, and how to activate it. Also, auras always have either an associated school or discipline for magical/psionic items, respectively. In addition, auras don't overwhelm or block out each other. If you use Detect Magic in an area containing three magic items, you'll see three auras, no matter how strong they are. Lastly, Detect Magic is a cone. It can't detect anything behind the caster.

Of course, that's going by the books on it. If Crom wants to do it a different way, it's his right. :D

He got nearly all the info he wanted from the stone, I was just wanting to add emphasis too its significance. Might have needed to tone it down a bit though.

The very next game was significantly shorter. The group encountered a massive swarm of books attacking the city once night fell. The group valiantly leaped into action as peasants were being taken off their feet. By going to the bar and passing out from alcohol poisoning.

A priest was in the bar at the time who removed their curse for the fee of doing labor for him. Where they must now travel to Hope, where a ruined tower resides.

Upon embarking on their adventure they discovered most of the population of Ebon was now missing. Concerned for them the team gathered their valuables in cherishable memory of the fallen. Mijhead also enraged a wizard who casted an unknown spell at him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use