Custom Food and Drink Names

Veterankyl

I like playing chef and bartender, and two of my favorite things to do is make custom dishes and drinks. As great as that is though, it kind of kills the immersion when your mix of foods for a Continental Breakfast is named the list of ingredients, or when your special drink that tastes of a stun baton, THE LAW, and poor life choices is named after whichever drink in the mix has the most units in the glass.

It'd be fun if there was a way to give these dishes and drinks custom names. It could be something as simple as giving glasses and plates an option to rename them, either by hand or with a pen. I think it'd also encourage people to get creative with their foods and drinks and venture into custom dishes and mixes.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure you can rename any and all food, and the reason you probably can't rename drinks is they're beakers with fancy sprites. Being able to rename them sounds interesting but I feel it'd pose a few issues, unlike food that disappears after eating. Interesting idea though.

You can use a hand labeler to give it a different name.

Like this: "That's Glass of Space Cola (Cuba Libre). It is a tiny item."

It's still a glass of space cola. But atleast it got a custom name in there.

It'd definitely be a fun feature to have. I'd like to do custom drinks.

You can give custom names to foods by holding the food in your hand and using a pen on it, its kind of slow, and i wish you could just use it on the table instead of in hand to speed things up when trying to name lots of it, but it is there thankfully.

Sadly I dont think you can also name drinks, wish we could.

Would it be possible to copy over the custom name mechanic some objects have to drink glasses, or would the fact that drinks change name and appearance break that?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use