Add cremator usage to Space Law

bryanayalalugo

This has been a bit consistent for a few years now, where Security, specifically new ones to the server for some reason goes and takes the bodies of dead vampire to be cremated in the chapel.

This behavior, from what I gather, seems to come from some other servers that does have vampires, but their mechanics are a bit different where they are able to revive after a short while after being killed (while ours do not).

Not only is cremating the body of a vampire crappy to the vampire player, but it also removes all chance for the vampire to be properly "processed", meaning that if later evidence is found that a vampire didn't kill a person/isn't found to be powered, the vampire in question is pretty much hosed as they have no way of being revived.

My suggestion is adding a part to Space Law with disallowing the usage of the cremator on non-changelings, standard EoCs (as in traitor and vampire),  and (along with probably tying in the gibber in) pointing out it's usage in terms of changelings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bryanayalalugo said:

This has been a bit consistent for a few years now, where Security, specifically new ones to the server for some reason goes and takes the bodies of dead vampire to be cremated in the chapel.

This behavior, from what I gather, seems to come from some other servers that does have vampires, but their mechanics are a bit different where they are able to revive after a short while after being killed (while ours do not).

Not only is cremating the body of a vampire crappy to the vampire player, but it also removes all chance for the vampire to be properly "processed", meaning that if later evidence is found that a vampire didn't kill a person/isn't found to be powered, the vampire in question is pretty much hosed as they have no way of being revived.

My suggestion is adding a part to Space Law with disallowing the usage of the cremator on non-changelings, standard EoCs (as in traitor and vampire),  and (along with probably tying in the gibber in) pointing out it's usage in terms of changelings.

In my experience in Security and Command, vampires end up falling into two categories:

1. Discovered, tased, caught, holy water'd, (hopefully extinguished), and thrown in perma.

Occasionally, I do see a vampire holy water'd without an extinguisher nearby, and the vamp burns to death.
In these cases, I try as much as possible to steer people to cloning the vampire.

2. Very robust, very powerful, killing civilians and security with impunity.

These are quite obviously uncontainable, and legitimate kill-on-sight execution targets.
These vampires, being obvious execution targets, I do recommend for the cremator if they are killed.
Security usually doesn't want to take the risk of another round of murderboning, and the EoC made their own bed by going loud.
I think it would be a funny ahelp conversation to read:

Vampire: Halp, they cremated me!
Admin: You killed 20 people, a 1/5th of the station population.
Vampire: So you're not gonna ban them?
Admin: *facepalm*

• Like 1

@TullyBBurnalot thoughts, Mr SoP/Spacelaw etc? Seems pretty easy to throw in.

36 minutes ago, Veloxi said:

Vampire: Halp, they cremated me!
Admin: You killed 20 people, a 1/5th of the station population.
Vampire: So you're not gonna ban them?
Admin: *facepalm*

This is too accurate.

• Like 2
  • honk 1

I've seen it abused but I'd rather Security get their own morgue for EOCs or other dangerous personnel who the entire station would be better off dead with a DNR tag on them.

It is kind of baffling how many security will drag vampires, changelings and occasional shadowling to the cremator, completely bypass the access restrictions to it (the door and cremator button itself requiring Chaplain access to use.) and not even blink an eye about permanently removing them from the round, but these same players raise hell in saltchat (and presumably ahelps) if an antag kills them and takes steps to prevent their own eventual revival.

IMO Cremator should only be used when there is an actual threat that the subject can self revive, or Security has confirmed that co-conspirators will attempt to revive them (thus Security admitting they are incapable of containing the threat.) Idealling, with a signed and Stamped Death Warrant from the Magistrate and/or Captain (which can easily be prepared in advanced if Security already knows such a threat exists on the station), or at the very least a fax sent to CC to get approval 

A more desirable solution would be coding in new methods of containing such threats alive and in the brig that don't involve bucklecuffing them a roller bed with an anesthetic tank forced onto them. Allowing antags to continue existing in the round, RP or seek out an escape if they would like to continue pursuing their objectives.

• Like 3

You guys are totally right, but you all forget those newbie medical doctors who forget to read morgue tray DNR tag (Or even can be nor aware of what dnr means)

1 hour ago, davidchan said:

I've seen it abused but I'd rather Security get their own morgue for EOCs or other dangerous personnel who the entire station would be better off dead with a DNR tag on them

I've often just left the bodybag in the armoury or the like, but an actual morgue tray would be great for that.

43 minutes ago, McRamon said:

You guys are totally right, but you all forget those newbie medical doctors who forget to read morgue tray DNR tag (Or even can be nor aware of what dnr means)

Very good point, if you see a green morgue tray you might just rush to clone them without noticing it. Really can't blame them there, they're trying to help!

Having a morgue in security, if added at all, should probably be with or extremely close to the brig phys, since it makes sense having the only trained doctor on the security team handle cadavers.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 10:31 AM, Fursamie said:

Having a morgue in security, if added at all, should probably be with or extremely close to the brig phys, since it makes sense having the only trained doctor on the security team handle cadavers.

being by execution  would make sense too.

Edited by SkeletalElite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use