Abductors

Allfd

I just want to get a general community sense.

How would people feel if we were to remove the "abductor" species, and replace them with grays that only spoke in wingdings?

This would require the crew during abduction events, to determine if the gray in question was a crewmember, or one of the crew grays redneck cousins.

• Like 1

you mean, just make abductors more stealthy? 

anyway, i would like to see abductors to be reworked one way or another, they don't seem fun at all to me. 

I personally love abductors and am fine seeing them reworked, but not in this manner. Why take away their hive mind? That was something incredibly strong about them that I do not wish to see removed.

• Like 1

I personally disagree with it. Abductors can already cheese enough as it is by making themselves looked like a cuffed person or something similar. They can already be hard enough to figure out, and if they really want to they can already look like a grey.

I do agree with Ide though, insofaras reworking them in some manner, but I feel the race itself is fine as is.

Considering the fact the agent abductor has surgically grafted armor on them, I doubt they will just waltz it off as a grey.

I would much rather prefer having their ship and gear upgraded a bit.

The ship lacks the essentials every other tator with a ship has huge stashes of, particularly meds.

And for gear?

A proper monitor to keep track of all the peeps you've experimented on, as well as a view of their goals so you could potentially steer clear/assist them.

Some fancy alien medithing for healing the agent when metanerds inevitably starts robusting everyone "by accident" to find him.

Perhaps a floormounted medibeam projector?

An alien medkit?

The spaceship itself has healing chems in it's air supply?

Who knows!

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 6:26 PM, TheClosetMailman said:

Considering the fact the agent abductor has surgically grafted armor on them, I doubt they will just waltz it off as a grey.

I would much rather prefer having their ship and gear upgraded a bit.

The ship lacks the essentials every other tator with a ship has huge stashes of, particularly meds.

And for gear?

A proper monitor to keep track of all the peeps you've experimented on, as well as a view of their goals so you could potentially steer clear/assist them.

Some fancy alien medithing for healing the agent when metanerds inevitably starts robusting everyone "by accident" to find him.

Perhaps a floormounted medibeam projector?

An alien medkit?

The spaceship itself has healing chems in it's air supply?

Who knows!

The Abductor ship healing Abductors sounds like a great idea. A common and frustrating thing i've seen with abductor teams -  newbies (which is common with how uncommon abductors are) that someway or another get themselves injured, possibly trapped in crit, but are too inexperienced to steal healing chems, resulting in a long, drawn-out floundering that the injured abductor hates and the other stresses out over for the next 20 minutes.
Plus it would make sense for an advanced alien race with a built-in high-tech surgery table to bring healing instruments with them.

The ability to track and possibly remotely interact with abductees sounds like a fun change of pace as well, putting more emphasis on the abductors protecting their victims rather than dumping and forgetting them.
The only problem with this is that it doesn't mesh well with the current goal of [Abduct X people to win], and is too much of a long-term thing for late-game antags.

Edited by Pckables

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 3:56 AM, Splgrk said:

Eh. Some of the most fun I've had as a ductor was when I was a scientist and had to find a way to stealthily scrounge meds and a defib for my agent. 

on an abductor 4 ship roundstart, I as a scientist, managed to swipe a dead agent from a different pair from a zealous borg, then get my agent to steal defib and meds, revive them, and then reunite them with their scientist. The most difficult part was me and my agent telling him to activate his vest before we teleported him back to the station, since we cannot cross-talk with other abductor teams, just point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use