Level 1 Biohazard !

LordSplinter

as we have the other biohazards, i made this suggestion so admins can use it more, it actually exists and is a space worm outbreak a event programmed in game, admin-only, never sawn them personally but it looks pretty good,my suggestion is to use it on rounds like Fluke ops where nukies fails totally, then admins could activate the level 1 biohazard event, or at succefull nations round where mostly players get on a alliance easily, i think this resource is in game and should be explored, it looks pretty good( it's probably the OPiest shit i've ever seen)

6 hours ago, LordSplinter said:

as we have the other biohazards, i made this suggestion so admins can use it more, it actually exists and is a space worm outbreak a event programmed in game, admin-only, never sawn them personally but it looks pretty good,my suggestion is to use it on rounds like Fluke ops where nukies fails totally, then admins could activate the level 1 biohazard event, or at succefull nations round where mostly players get on a alliance easily, i think this resource is in game and should be explored, it looks pretty good( it's probably the OPiest shit i've ever seen)

Ages ago, in PR https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/3179/files I implemented the "7 is spacevine/virus, 5 is blob, lower numbers = more danger" rules for rating the levels of biohazards.

I also mentioned in deadchat that 3 is terror spiders, and 1 is the worst biohazard you can imagine, e.g: space worms.

Space worms aren't actually viable as a biohazard though, because they delete (not kill, not destroy, but delete) things they eat. Including players. This makes the chances of respawning, if you are eaten by one, almost nil. Their "dead" state sprites also look ugly as sin. They cause issues if spawned, and as such, admins generally shouldn't spawn them.

So, no, we can't really make space worms into a biohazard of any level. Not without fixing the problems, at least.

This was brought up at one point somewhere else, I think in a voice chat? Biohazards are something that can grow and infest things that aren't just the station. Viruses, Spiders, Blobs and Xenomorphs are all these things. Space worms as a level 1 wouldn't make sense as, if you look past the broken part of them, they don't reproduce/grow when they eat. So just one would run rampant but eventually die out somehow. So a level one would need to be something VERY BIG and VERY DANGEROUS that also grew/reproduced in some way to be thought of as a biohazard. You'd think a megafauna could be one, Legion would be the closest, as it's smaller parts latch onto the dead corpses and turn them into smaller legion soldiers.

6 hours ago, bigfatbananacyclops said:

Omnitraitor as biohazard one? Traitorvampling wizard?

I'd imagine biohazard one like a VERY dangerous and mutant subject.

Mh... that reminds me of this... 

• clown 2
  • honk 2

On 02/09/2017 at 4:10 AM, GuiltyBeans said:

This was brought up at one point somewhere else, I think in a voice chat? Biohazards are something that can grow and infest things that aren't just the station. Viruses, Spiders, Blobs and Xenomorphs are all these things. Space worms as a level 1 wouldn't make sense as, if you look past the broken part of them, they don't reproduce/grow when they eat. So just one would run rampant but eventually die out somehow. So a level one would need to be something VERY BIG and VERY DANGEROUS that also grew/reproduced in some way to be thought of as a biohazard. You'd think a megafauna could be one, Legion would be the closest, as it's smaller parts latch onto the dead corpses and turn them into smaller legion soldiers.

well, at wiki it already says space worms is biohazard one(it also says is admin only),so i just tought that would be in the code already for being a biohazard one and not very broken :thonkong:

5 hours ago, LordSplinter said:

well, at wiki it already says space worms is biohazard one(it also says is admin only),so i just tought that would be in the code already for being a biohazard one and not very broken :thonkong:

Yeaaaah x3 It is in the code. The worms HAVE been spawned before, but they do break things. Not to mention the total deletion of things it eats. Because it doesn't differentiate between carbon lifeforms/synthetics and the station itself, like walls. As far as I know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use