Cucumber (need scripting)

Landerlow

That cucumber sprite might be a little big (think of all the other fruit / veg slices which aren't that large), but it looks like a nice enough sprite and recognisable.

I'd probably suggest giving a list of recipes you want adding, how you'd grow it, what sort of traits it would have etc. to help out whoever decides to give you a hand with this.

Hm, funny thing came to my mind (from real life expirience) - if you eat cucumber and drink alcohol - you still get drunk as usual but never vomit. But it should be pickled cucumber...

2 minutes ago, Landerlow said:

Cucumber sprite isn't that big, I kind of based it on the current bagette sprite. Is there a way to test out this sprite somewhere?

run singleplayer ss13 but replace sprite of something like floor tile to this one.

as far as i understand, that might work

Edited by McRamon

Ah yes, the SLICE might be a bit big, I'll see about resizing that, a bit. 

As for the other info:

It would be grown using cucumber seeds. I have not made a sprite for the cucumber seed package, but a generic green package would be fine, perhaps? As for the actual seeds, just use a seed sprite. 

Traits: 

Growing speed, 2 or 3

Potency: 2

Other than that, they'll need much watering, so the water frequency should be high

Possible recipes:

Cucumber salad:

Bowl + Cucumber

--

Cucumber sandwich:

2x cucumber slice, 1x bun

--

Cucumber juice/cocktail:

Grind cucumber in the all-in-one grinder

AS FOR NUTRIMENT VALUE:  Same as other regular vegetables/fruits

Thick cut cucumbers and tomatoes on a toasted plain bagel smeared with cream cheese...

Add cucumbers now.

(NTSL is the Telecomms scripting language)

You're thinking of DM code, DM is actually surprisingly easy to pick up.

My recommendation is to learn how to do it yourself, but feel free to ask questions on the #coder_chat, myself or if you're lucky, someone from the actual coding team will help. :) 

Edited by Purpose2

I am well on my way to completing the cucumber in all its states and glory! Hope to have it in the game perhaps, soon. Not counting recipes involving cucumber yet, but first things first.

UPDATE:

Sprites work in-game, only a bit differently than I thought.

The only thing I do NOT have is a growing sprite, which won't work for some reason. I might want to tweak maturation values.

Also ..

DPNaz7D.png

OWFWVIo.png

SlYtLVn.png

km8Rel2.png

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use