Shuttle back to CENTCOM to replace permabrig and IC method to quit

whiskeyfur

A Shuttle Back to CENTCOM

I would like to suggest a shuttle that sends the people back to centcom for reassignment or discharge back to earth.

Reasons it can be used:

1. It gives an IC way to quit your character without leaving them SSD all over the place...
  2. Permabrig prisoners can be shipped off... the permabrig on station becomes a temporary holding area for those prisoners
  3. Mentally unstable individuals can be sent back for more specialized care
  4. It can also be a way for characters to quit in protest in response to comdom's and other bad chiefs.
  5. Don't like your boss? HoP not giving you a job change? or don't want a different job? Leave. Come back next shift.

The end result is the CHARACTER is out of commission for that round, but the PLAYER is allowed to continue, perhaps to be a golem, maintenance bot or ERT members should the opportunity arise.

NT's view: If you aren't going to be an asset, you are a liability. A few minutes in the brig is fine.. but someone who proves time and again that they are not an asset, there's no reason to keep them. And if they're driving people away... that's even worse. Put them on a shuttle and send them back to centcom. If they're not willing to work, send'em home to earth (or wherever). Those unable to work (PTSD?) can go back for specialized care.

And if CENTCOM gets too many people leaving 'cause the captain is being one of those... the admins can drop the hammer on the captain then even on rounds with no NT or IAC rep.

OOCly, The player becomes a ghost and could continue his round, but his character is done.

The cryo bay can be set to not automatically delete people then, just leave them in the tubes if they intend to come back that round. If they intend to leave completely, they can go onto the shuttle, or just stay in the departure's lounge and go SSD, someone could then push them onto the shuttle.

One of the reasons I'm suggesting this is I measured how much time I wasted as a doctor on people who were SSD... something like 1 out of 4 patients. There's no reason for that other than network issues. Plus all of those SSD who are still on station when the emergency shuttle leaves? That's a bummer for a doctor who takes his oath to do no harm seriously.

Edited by whiskeyfur

25 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

Isn't this what cryo is for?

I'm rather unsure as to what you want here.

And why would NT want to waste the resources to cryo a non-worker when they can be shipped off to earth instead? Cryo implies they're still an asset to the station... the shuttle is the final GTFO (that round).

If it's at the character's option, that's one thing.. but if it's because of a medical/mental issue? that's different. It can also be a chance to pull a Weyland-Yutani and try to get someone who has a xeno egg in them off to corporate HQ...

It can also be the end result of a short prison term too... 15 minutes in the brig. Still don't want to work? Shipped out. The 15 minutes is to give them time to think about it.

Edited by whiskeyfur

I like the idea of changing the labor camp to a feature like this. Instead of spending the whole round in perma, this would allow you to respawn as a different character. Sort of like the HRP servers allow respawn. The only problem would be people who use this feature with meta knowledge on the new character,l or literally just to respawn with the intent of harassesing sec for ending thier antag round. Admins could control it though. People can technically already do this as a borg, if they get borged after being executed, or volunteer to be borged as a perma prisoner. Another great feature that will probably never exist due to the small portion of the population who would abuse it. I feel like there would be antags who hide a "stash" for thier respawn in case it comes to that.

Edited by ZN23X

There's lots of way meta-knowledge could already be abused, but it's not as big of a problem as everyone says it is already; there's opportunities to become a sec borg, but in general it's not always meta'd.

Edited by Anticept

3 minutes ago, Enginseer-42 said:

Seems silly, but personally I LIKE permabrig and wish there was more use of it.

I think it's fun for a shift or two, or if you have a companion who likes chess, but it can be boring.

This would be used in the same manner executions are, only it'll have all the touchy-feely benefits that permabrigging someone and being "merciful" from an IC perspective.

From a player perspective it's the same as throwing them into the crematorium; their mob is deleted and they're force ghosted.

For all intents and purposes, this is the same as execution, if not worse.

Its really not a good idea since as Fox said its just nicer way to execute someone.

I personnaly think Perma should be removed and replaced with a big Cryo room that have locks.

If it would happen that someone is to be executed/permad the sec would just stick them into the Cryo thing and it would turn them into a ghost until someone either broke them out or they would get released and if that would happen they would just jump back into their body. It would also remove the problem with some spaceproof species being unpermable.

It would be a good way to get rid of SSD perma prisoners and since Perma is already made so you shouldnt be able to break out without help from outside, it wouldnt even change much.

Edited by DeadBySmiley

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use