Slime rework to TG Slimes

Ssscratches

I think the current state of Slimes are just nerfed humans that don't need to breath and that doesn't serve them right (even with the *squish emote).bxW8DDl.thumb.png.fd76f2825c9fa7ca0b5f40e588e74daf.png

Taking a look at this image these are the Slimepeople from /TG/, They're locked by xenobiology and only avaliable through it unless spawned by an admin. Considering Slime people are already a playable race on Paradise I think that if we added/revised these type of slimepeople mechanics to ours they'd be a much more interesting and fun race to play.

You may argue that it's very unbalanced and shitty, so that's why I'm saying to revise it. Such as remove the ability to split into 2, remove the half burn damage, the immunity to viruses, etc. The benefits of this would suit our station for making Slime people a better race to play for a majority of people to enjoy.

• Like 1

I think having the reverse toxins would be interesting, and would finally give a reason to have toxins in the medbay vendors. Funnily enough, poisons like syrin and cyanide would then become massive toxin healers for slime people. I do have to ask if omni would still heal toxin damage or cause it and what about cryo pods?

2 minutes ago, shazbot194 said:

I think having the reverse toxins would be interesting, and would finally give a reason to have toxins in the medbay vendors. Funnily enough, poisons like syrin and cyanide would then become massive toxin healers for slime people. I do have to ask if omni would still heal toxin damage or cause it and what about cryo pods?

Omni would most likely cause it and Cryo could probably filter it out at the same time, either that or a specialized cryo pod that does toxin.

100% with this. The Slimes over on /tg/ are way more interesting and diverse than what we have now. They're meant to be more of a "reward" species for xenobiologists, as far as I'm aware and they are powerful to match that, so we'd definitely need to nerf these bits, but things like toxins healing them and charcoal doing the opposite are very interesting and I'd like to see them in practice.

That said, there are many more species that need improvement and diversification on Paradise much more urgently than Slime People, who are already one of the most popular species out there. If anyone wants to code it, go for it, but I think our efforts should be focused elsewhere for the time being.

Remove slimes as a starting race

Fully implement this

Server implodes from the amount of salt generated from slime ERPers 

• Like 6

Hell most of the races over on TG are more interesting. The only two races I can stand over that are done well now is Vox and IPC, but those two have problems also. I am for this. 

Polaris slimes are fun.

/tg/ slimes concern me quite a bit. They have several features that seem quite... ehhhh. Slime splitting and whatnot being my primary concern. I don't think it would fit in here.

I like the idea overall, with the exception of splitting. Which I think would need nerfed in a way that you can only split and swap once per round. Because that's a pretty big get outta jail free card with the only cost being that you have to eat a lot.

I REALLY like the idea of double cold but half heat damage (ah yes, melting water). And the idea of toxins and anti-toxins swapping purposes. As well as the "Jelly" resource which is used to regrow though.

Either way I definitely agree with the idea that slime people should be more interesting. And the idea that slime people are more or less nerfed humans. As it stands slime people have 3 advantages over humans: Regrowing limbs, having water for blood (extremely easy to replace), and no organs besides the brain (no eyes gives the same weld safety as IPC, took me awhile to learn that one.)

One thing that I've always thought was odd is: if you defib a slime person who's been dead for awhile it says "Heart tissue damaged to the point of no return" or something along those lines. Maybe, instead of body swapping, slime people have a MUCH longer defib timer. (I think right now for everyone its... 3 minutes, I'm too tired to go code digging. But maybe slime people could have like, 20 minutes or something. Or the defib timer could be based on the jelly resource, more jelly = more time to defib, being dead drains jelly at a rate of X jelly per minute. Capping at 20 minutes.)

14 hours ago, Spacemanspark said:

Polaris slimes are fun.

/tg/ slimes concern me quite a bit. They have several features that seem quite... ehhhh. Slime splitting and whatnot being my primary concern. I don't think it would fit in here.

You're the guy who always talks about "tactics" for taking out different species, isn't it interesting how slime now die really fast from anti-toxins such as charcoal AND cold damage? Strengths and weaknesses and all that jazz.

Edit:

I'd still like them to be a starting race though. Otherwise a fair bit of people would lose a fair bit of characters. Also I need to make sure I can still ERP with lewd squishing.

Edited by Jared12100

Personally I like this, the splitting part could be dealt with in game for the most part, but honestly I don't think icly a crew would want to see a bunch of spare brainless bodies sitting around or hidden. It's bad enough seeing it in genetics. Other than that, I approve. 

On 6/15/2017 at 4:04 AM, Jared12100 said:

I'd still like them to be a starting race though. Otherwise a fair bit of people would lose a fair bit of characters.

Agreed, with current karma system in dire need of a rework, due to people mostly giving karma to people for being antagonists more and more, with roleplay taking a back seat, it'd be unfair to the people that play slimes for the rp.

On 6/15/2017 at 3:04 AM, Jared12100 said:

You're the guy who always talks about "tactics" for taking out different species, isn't it interesting how slime now die really fast from anti-toxins such as charcoal AND cold damage? Strengths and weaknesses and all that jazz

I brought up tactics during a conversation about vox.

I like races that have unique features that make the race what it is. Simple stat changes help get that point across, but don't cover all the bases.

I really like the reverse toxins thing and the jelly resource to regrow limbs and maybe have something to do with the defrib timer because slimes has no hearth. I totally think the immunity to viruses is bad and half the heat damage seems too much. 

1 hour ago, Vargh said:

... I totally think the immunity to viruses is bad and half the heat damage seems too much. 

I think we should revamp viruses, maybe make viruses only infecting some species a thing again, but that is a topic for another time.

If we're going to keep on the port from other servers train because we don't want to make our own stuff; I'd rather us port Polaris' Slimes because they're that much more interesting and less OP compared to TG

16 minutes ago, Xantholne said:

If we're going to keep on the port from other servers train because we don't want to make our own stuff; I'd rather us port Polaris' Slimes because they're that much more interesting and less OP compared to TG

I would love to make a good thread about this and other species and end up with our own things instead of porting 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use