The less violent antagonist option

Nayser

On 2017-03-14 at 10:32 AM, Nayser said:

Playing as antagonist is a lot of fun, but i'am more of a pacifist so i prefer objectives that are about stealing and doing other non-lethal things.

I'm sure i'm not the only pacifist out there. So here's what i suggest:

A new option in game preferences that removes lethal or over the line evil objectives for some antagonist roles like traitor or vampire.

Alternatively turning on "the less lethal objectives" option could make killing and other violent objectives appear with lesser chance, basicly make them appear rarely instead of never.

Anticept isn't the suggestion author.

This isn't extra slots, it's a reduction of the objectives in certain slots for preference enabled players.

• Like 1

Non-violent antags can be spicy if the player knows how to go about not being violent, while completing objects, and all the meanwhile being interesting.

For example... I actually made a mime kill himself, without a word, by using words and other people, creating a web around him. Basically, if he was my target, boom, non-violent, and fun for everyone involved. Although, a great option as mentioned would be "options". So like. Yeah, a less violent antagonist option isn't necessarily bad. It can let people who are more RP based, and non-robust still be a fun role to play around and as.

then again what do i know im just some lurker    (edit: I actually once asked some admins if I could get no killing objectives. They instead gave me stealing objectives. From each head.)

Edited by SomeRandomLurker

3 minutes ago, Shadeykins said:

This isn't extra slots, it's a reduction of the objectives in certain slots for preference enabled players.

Well ya, that is the original post. Purpose2, ZN23R, Anticept, and even me now are talking about the miscreants. Which is tangentially related, hence why it was brought up as an alternative. 

1 hour ago, Shadeykins said:

It didnt START as added slots, but we are talking about it and it's developed into that. This is how great ideas are born. Go with the flow :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shazbot194 said:

Well ya, that is the original post. Purpose2, ZN23R, Anticept, and even me now are talking about the miscreants. Which is tangentially related, hence why it was brought up as an alternative. 

Miscreants is a whole 'nother suggestion entirely, which I believe (IIRC) was brought up by Purpose2.

29 minutes ago, Shadeykins said:

Miscreants is a whole 'nother suggestion entirely, which I believe (IIRC) was brought up by Purpose2.

Ya, as ZN23X said, we changed from topic to topic, even if we start on one thing, we can evolve the discussion to another topic. If suggestions stayed static on the base topic, we wouldn't see a lot of the improvements we get.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shazbot194 said:

Ya, as ZN23X said, we changed from topic to topic, even if we start on one thing, we can evolve the discussion to another topic. If suggestions stayed static on the base topic, we wouldn't see a lot of the improvements we get.  

Well Miscreants is an entirely different suggestion than having pacifistic antags, hence why it's occupying another suggestion topic.

It's also suggested to be a side-gamemode IIRC, rather than a change to a number of slots or certain standard antag goals/objectives.

34 minutes ago, Shadeykins said:

Well Miscreants is an entirely different suggestion than having pacifistic antags, hence why it's occupying another suggestion topic.

It's also suggested to be a side-gamemode IIRC, rather than a change to a number of slots or certain standard antag goals/objectives.

looked at your reply and was confused. I see why. Purpose and I are on the same page, the "AntagLites" would be extra slots, not something that replaces antags as they currently are.

We had discussed it several times before, I just am taken by surprise that he did something about it heh.

I think they meant it to in addition to the normal antags.

37 minutes ago, Shadeykins said:

From what I understand, they are/were suggesting instead of trying to have the pacifist option we have miscreants, hence why its here in this discussion. 

• Like 1

Shadey, I'm talking about antags that don't replace the existing ones. Completely new slots. And they would indeed be a low priority. If both are turned on, the standard antags would roll first.

3 hours ago, Anticept said:

Shadey, I'm talking about antags that don't replace the existing ones. Completely new slots. And they would indeed be a low priority. If both are turned on, the standard antags would roll first.

As long as they're not replacing existing antags, I no longer see an issue with this suggestion. :ok_hand:

• Like 1

Also shadey is right. Typically the only thing people really care about is being killed. Theft is almost treated like a chore for sec to investigate. Rarely does RP itself make things interesting without the threat of death.

1 minute ago, Anticept said:

Also shadey is right. Typically the only thing people really care about is being killed. Theft is almost treated like a chore for sec to investigate. Rarely does RP itself make things interesting without the threat of death.

Not disagreeing in the slightest. I would love to see more interesting objectives that people cared about. Minus the emag trails and very rare rounds, theft is excruciatingly boring. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use