[Suggestion] Fix o`Kit

dadols

Add The Fix o`Kit?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

VILNm1E.png

ZTvTJCX.png

•  

dmEUWOo.png

IF YOU THINK IT NEEDS SOME CHANGES, JUST POST BELOW HERE!!!

[spoilertext]Sprite: Telvayne[/spoilertext]

Edited by Guest

I like the idea quite a bit, but the fact that it only has an emergency welder (very low fuel capacity) means that unless you have a fuel tank handy you won't get much repairing done. To solve this just replace it with a regular welder.

The fact that there is no cyborg analyzer is also questionable. I think there should certainly be one in there.

Finally, the two main tools used to repair severely damaged IPC's are the screwdriver and the crowbar, which when used alongside wires and a welder can repair everything but internal component and posi-brain damage.

This really is a good idea. In fact I think we should have an equivalent for every race with distinct enough healing mechanics. But you should also take it further and make an IPC surgical duffle as well, which would contain nano-paste, wire, a good welder, crowbar, screwdriver, multitool, and perhaps some spare components or anything else I might be forgetting that is useful for IPC repair.

I like the idea quite a bit, but the fact that it only has an emergency welder (very low fuel capacity) means that unless you have a fuel tank handy you won't get much repairing done. To solve this just replace it with a regular welder.

The fact that there is no cyborg analyzer is also questionable. I think there should certainly be one in there.

Finally, the two main tools used to repair severely damaged IPC's are the screwdriver and the crowbar, which when used alongside wires and a welder can repair everything but internal component and posi-brain damage.

It's my understanding that this is supposed to be more like an internals box for IPCs than an actual medikit standin.

It's my understanding that this is supposed to be more like an internals box for IPCs than an actual medikit standin.

Yea that makes sense. I assumed that the package was 10 (stacks) of cable coil and a single emergency welder, and combined with the medkit sprite had me confused.

As a replacement for an emergency auto-injector it's interesting. Not quite the same as an auto-injector but still interesting. IPC specific med-kits though would I think be useful for med-bay to have on hand.

It's already trivial to find repair tools as an IPC. No other species has such easy access to medicine.

I don't see the need to buff IPCs like this; it's not like they're underplayed or anything.

Everyone else gets an epipen that really only helps them out if they're extremely severely damaged; it's largely just for keeping yourself or your fellow crewman stable.

Giving IPCs cable coils and welders, at round start, would be like giving every single crewmembers a frew advanced trauma kit and advance burn kit.

There's really no needs for this; IPCs are already ridiculously easy to repair.

Try saying that when you get dragged into medbay twice in the same round, and when they do finally haul you off to robotics, they are confused by the surgery that they have to do to multiple body parts.

Then they have to make new parts for the ones you lost.

That said maybe a simple emergency tool in said box might be better

[spoilertext]This is why I insist that people that talk smack about muh robots plays them. General statement.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE[/spoilertext]

Edited by Guest

Lot o` true stuff

More than 70% agree with this suggestion/idea, and Fox ,IPCs aren`t ridiculously easy to repair...

Especially if you get into a critical permanent state where you can`t move and nobody will care to help you, not because they don`t want to but because they don`t now how, especially robo-bay, it`s hilarious how they don`t know how to do surgery on IPCs or how to simply heal them...

Especially when you compare it to an organic using some "Insta-Healing All-Damage Sort of Patches", that`s ridicolous plus their Passive healing.

(That`s common knowledge among the IPC Player Base).

[spoilertext](Sorry for the awful english xD)[/spoilertext]

Fox ,IPCs aren`t ridiculously easy to repair...

Especially if you get into a critical permanent state where you can`t move and nobody will care to help you, not because they don`t want to but because they don`t now how, especially robo-bay, it`s hilarious how they don`t know how to do surgery on IPCs or how to simply heal them...

Especially when you compare it to an organic using some "Insta-Healing All-Damage Sort of Patches", that`s ridicolous plus their Passive healing.

(That`s common knowledge among the IPC Player Base).

- Organics have a ridiculously easy time breaking their bones, meaning they'll have to get surgery regardless of wonderpatches

- Organics do not get any passive healing, unless you mean how eating a pack of beef jerky can heal a whopping 3 brute damage

- Roboticists not knowing how to fix IPCs can be addressed in different ways, such as placing a manual in the office or somehow advertising the wiki better

- A welding tool and cable coil in an IPC's backpack will do literally nothing to fix the issues you mentioned

Also, this was already discussed at length here, as well as having its own PR here (albeit the PR itself is a bit messy, since the code went through quite a few iterations there)

Lot o` stuff

Still most of the community agrees with this, and this thing will assist IPCs it won`t be such a big thing but it`s going to be really helpful in some common cases... just to heal your arm/leg to prevent you from getting to the point of no return or as a temporary healing...

That`s Because it`s going to be used for emergencies, or for small fixes, but if most of the community agrees I`ll add it but I think its too OP a normal welder ;)

it`s not really useful, unless its going to be a medikit for IPCs

But this won`t be a medikit/surgery kit for IPCs, but I can make another version too, if the community wants...

It`s supposed to be used for simple stuff, just to replace that (useless) starting box everyone has and to make the IPCs more unique and enojoyable...

Edited by Guest

Try saying that when you get dragged into medbay twice in the same round, and when they do finally haul you off to robotics, they are confused by the surgery that they have to do to multiple body parts.

[spoilertext]This is why I insist that people that talk smack about muh robots plays them. General statement.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE[/spoilertext]

Knowledge problems are entirely separate from balance problems. Likewise, the way to solve knowledge problems isn't to buff IPCs in some way as compensation to that; it's to attempt to resolve the knowledge issue to begin with. Giving them cable coil and welding tools isn't going to do anything to resolve this knowledge problem; if they're badly injured or hurt, you're still going to have the same exact issues when you go to medbay/robotics.

Balancing around lack of knowledge of something isn't a good idea and generally leads to bad results; I need only point out the number of super-secret chems on Goon that had to be altered or removed once they became public knowledge. It would be similar here---you give IPCs a welder and cable coil as "compensation" for the fact that people have poor knowledge to fix them---that knowledge gets filled...now IPCs suddenly have the free ability to repair themselves, from round-start, for literally no reason at all.

Lastly, humanoid mobs don't have epipens because medical bay sucks and might not know how to treat them. They have them specifically to help them out in a really really niche scenario or situation; there isn't something of this nature that exists for IPCs;

Still most of the community agrees with this, and this thing will assist IPCs it won`t be such a big thing but it`s going to be really helpful in some common cases... just to heal your arm/leg to prevent you from getting to the point of no return or as a temporary healing...

Then they can do what literally every single other person has to do---to deal with damage; get the appropriate healing supplies to deal with the issue. Every single crewmember has to go out of their way to find healing supplies; IPCs shouldn't be any different.

Lot o` stuff

It`s not going to be used to compensate for the lack of knowledge, it`s going to be used to... (Top)

and What`s the best way to see this is going to be bad or not than to test it?

I was thinking more about medical welder which can only repair but not weld stuff down. Also we could get something i would call "Hardware overdrive" which would essentialy act as epipen even though IPCs do not get oxy damage, this could just act as a thing that prevents them from droping stuff with mechanical hands so they could heal themselves with Welder they aquire legitemately.

Sorry spark, that is a player knowledge issue...kinda like when people take SSD into medbay. Its frusterating yes. But we can't adjust a player knowledge issue with a balance inducing issue, OR everything fox and flattest have been over. OH OH! Lets not forget people with robotic limbs being shoved in a cryo tube! (thats happend to me alot)

stuff

Everyone gets it how they want, to resolve everything why not to test it in game, to see if its unbalanced or not, if its going to help IPCs or not...

While I can't say I like the idea of just giving them cable coils, it does make sense that IPCs would get SOMETHING that would help stabilize/get them out of the red. Given that we completely any equivalent healing chems for IPCs (despite the last community meeting falsely saying they did and completely missing the point) this would be the next best thing aside from giving them a single sheet of nanopaste.

An emergency injector comes with Epinephrine. What Epi does well is cap your suffocation damage, which is the niche it fills. When a humanoid is suddenly exposed to a depressurized and oxygen-less environment, they can pop the auto-injector (they would not need to so badly if they wore internals) in order to avoid suffocation collapse, and when they hit critical (and before death phaze) the epi will basically make it so that they die slightly more slowly, which gives them just a few extra moments to exact an escape. That is basically the purpose of the emergency auto-injector; to give you a slightly increased chance of survival when (usually exposed to vacuum), not for self healing in any capacity beyond a niche way to stave off death for a few moments longer.

In my mind the bulk of the difference that the autoinjector makes can be summed up in terms of the question: "How far can you make it if you are forced to run naked in space"?

The auto-injector makes it so that you can cover more of a distance (ideally to safety), but how much more of a difference? A great way to get into the hard balance of the auto-injector would be to compare the existing travel distances (under cold and vacuum conditions) of IPC vs other races with and without the auto-injector. This would be a simple test to run for anyone who can host their own server or some admins interested in some in-game testing.

Finally, if it turns out that IPC can only travel like one third of the distance as an epi injected human (or some appropriate fraction) then we could consider doing something like giving them a new chemical for their own auto-injector which slightly stabilizes IPC temperature.

Other than that, I would still like to see medbay be given a formal med-kit like box for IPC, even if only one. Having a cyborg analyser, wire, screwdriver, crowbar, multitool, and welder (and maybe even a small note or emergency guide to IPC repair. This would at least point new medical staff in the right direction instead of the usual lack of response.

Even though this is a small amount of things, the power of starting with a welding tool and flash protection is severely underestimated. Pretty much any situation can be denied by welding a door, as most people don't have welders and even fewer have flash protection.

Even though this is a small amount of things, the power of starting with a welding tool and flash protection is severely underestimated. Pretty much any situation can be denied by welding a door, as most people don't have welders and even fewer have flash protection.

IPCs do not have flash protection, and you still get white screened when trying to weld something. They do not take eye damage, but those are two different things. Additionally, as most of people seem to think welder healing is a buff over conventional chem healing because welders are so common, the other part of your statement makes no sense.

IPCs do not have flash protection, and you still get white screened when trying to weld something. They do not take eye damage, but those are two different things. Additionally, as most of people seem to think welder healing is a buff over conventional chem healing because welders are so common, the other part of your statement makes no sense.

Sorry, let me elaborate. Flash protection and welding protection are two different things. I mean welding protection, IE: not taking eye damage.

Even with a welding tool, a non-IPC has a disincentive to weld things without proper welding equipment.

I think we sort of need to erstablish the difference between "Easy to heal" and "Easy to get supplies to heal"

It is extremely easy to find cable coils and usually welders. Welders are slightly harder then cables, sometimes Cargo can be real stuck up about passing those out.

It is -not- easy for an IPC to heal themselves, downright impossible for them to do so in some cases (Just like humans).

An IPC has to click cables/Welder on every single individual body part one at a time, and if he is self-healing each heal also takes a few seconds to get off. So for an IPC to fully repair himself takes a decent time investment, not something he can do under the gun.

And this assumes -minor- damage, past a certain threshold, IPC can no longer repair a limb themselves at -all-. They then need someone else to do synthetic surgery on them and repair the internal structure, something they literally cannot do themselves and is roughly analogous to having a broken bone, because damaged robo-limbs have a chance to go haywire and drop what they're holding, similar to broken bones and the "You wince in pain and are a butterfingers"

This is in addition to the increased fragility of being an IPC, meaning that damage gets to those points far faster then it ever will on a hiuman, and they don't have the luxury of synthflesh or Cryotubes. Any injury they take, is taken easily and is not treated with a "Here's your medical patch, on you go."

So, It is super easy to get cables/welders. That does not make it quick and easy to heal yourself as an IPC and it STILL is not always possible to do so, if you have internal structure damage/charred wires.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use