The SSD issue, and my idea on how to fix it.

swordsith

Coding Difficulty: Simple (In theory?)

Scope:

The general idea is a new job would be implemented, similar to the coroner but instead of dealing with dead bodies it would be ones that are slightly less dead, The SSD. Now I wouldn't know what to call a job such as this but something simple i'm sure would do.

This *insert job name here* would go around and collect bodies which are SSD, with some elated access (Not sure how you could balance the higher than normal access but i'll put some ideas in the Balance area.) and basically taking the SSD to Cryo or in special circumstances take them to their quarters. (EX: Captain)

There could be a possibility of maybe having a goal for this job as to how many bodies were brought into Cryo.

I would not assume any large or if any map changes would need to be made, the *Insert job name here* could just be spawned in the dormitories just outside of Cryo.

Balance:

I'll list this in a pro's/con's format providing some detail.

Pro's.

Ease of work for administrators dealing with people stealing / killing the SSD.

More job spots! Mid Round. - This would help reduce the Greytide amount possibly 10-fold.

Cleaner hallways and departments, we all know you're not gonna take that SSD person to Cryo, someone has to.

Con's

Ultimate Greytide with crazy access: the access would be of course limited and anywhere a SSD body was that they could not reach would require the help of a nearby person with access or the AI who would know if there was a body that needed to be cleaned.

Some Resolutions and ideas on how it could be structured:

The Job could be a Karma Paid job.

The Job could have a similar wait time to the head's of staff, 30 day's i think, but it could be longer. (possibly bogging down on grey's who wont stick around long enough to get their hands on it)

maybe could be assisted by a PAI or Robot dedicated to helping the *insert job name here* into places with the SSD but denying access to places that their is no need to go into preventing full blown godtide

Now that i think about it you could probably just make it a job for Borgs but I've just spent the past 25 mins writing this so if you got this far take that into considderation also that this could just be added as a Borg job subset.

Edit: Possibly could have a Loyalty Implant therefor making it a lot more punishing to do something out of character.

Any Suggestions? i'll add them here:

I like it but. What happens when there no ssd out there?

As you say it near god tide levels.

If this was to be added then it needs to be a Karma job only with a big cost.

I like it but. What happens when there no ssd out there?

I guess it would be like a surgeon with no patients, possibly "SSD" could be added to the crew monitor as a state and anyone who's clasified as SSD would be alerted to the *insert job name here* via i dunno PDA?

SSD is already a manifest state.

I suggested in the past that it get auto-updated after 7 minutes of SSD, and everyone hated it.

But, this way, HoP would know what roles probably need extra slots open in, antags would know that their target needs to be put into cryo so they can get a new one... etc.

Do we expect that people would want to play this job, and actually do it all round?

Well do keep in mind this could be a Borg job subset like the janitor or engineer one, which I would find more preferable than sitting around as a ghost

I always take SSD bodies to cryo and most of the community does so as well...

Anyway there`s a reason why we have a Paramedic.. I mean Paramedics are there to assist the crew..

Most of the time a Paramedic have ton fo free time, and by the way there`s no need to get ton of access just to pull SSD people out of a room..

We have the AI for a reason... AI always opens the door even to high danger areas just to pull out an SSD person and if it doesn`t work call an Head...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use