[Karma shop suggestion]Price swap for kidan and plasma man

Mister Mann

I know this is a bad idea but, I just feel I should point this out.

Kidan are the much more powerful race out of the two I'm suggesting a price swap for. Seeing, as kidan literally have a base 20% damage resistance. Not to mention the resistance would stack with hardsuit or a riot suit for that matter. The only draw back being I believe is no glasses. While plasma men have little to no buffs to them and are more for lack of a better term. Built for RP'ing instead of full blown power game. Now, I understand in a game of stuns plasma men would be lost in it kidan would be able to take a good kicking. The only buffs I know plasma men have are the space suit round start, and the lack of not needing oxygen. And, the visor is flash proof not sure. But, I know for a fact they're a hard mode race. As, seen in /tg/ and /vg/. They, are weaker in every sense of the word, they're literally IPC's with tougher limbs, and vox that's it. If I remember they take twice as much burn damage though. That could just be from /tg/ I have no idea if that still works here.

The karma shop isn't supposed to be selling gameplay advantagesm pricing is instead based on how 'different' or 'unique' a race is. However, as far as the balancing goes:

Kidan's bonus DR doesn't stack additive, meaning it's not particulairly great if you're already wearing decent armour. The inability to wear glasses is an absolutely massive debuff that renders a pretty big chunk of the job roster borderline unplayable.

Plasmamen have roundstart internals and spaceworthiness they can't be deprived of by nonantags, and have no true practical downsides.

Not to mention the resistance would stack with hardsuit

As far as I know the resistance does not stack

The only draw back being I believe is no glasses

You say this like it is not a very big drawback, this makes a lot of the jobs significantly more difficult Eg sec,med,robotics and any other jobs that need huds

While plasma men have little to no buffs to them

Plasma men have a space suit that unless the person trying to take it off is an antag or has an RP reason to kill them can't be touched. They also have a closed plasma supply, this means that they can't get infected by air born viruses get knocked out by any gas in the air. The combination of the two makes them space worthy from round start

the visor is flash proof
It's not but I think it works as a small range flash light
they're literally IPC's with tougher limbs
They are human with no need to care about what is in the air, can't be full striped by most players and are space worthy at round start.

As well as this some of the plasma man suits have the same armor values as the job they are working as so there is no more risk of dying than their human counterparts

Supposedly TM Plasmen price was so high because it was in testing phase and nobody was really sure if they'd work and be reasonably balanced. This price was so high because players who could achieve that level of purchase were very well versed on the community and how the server should function, and would understand this wasn't quite finished yet. That was almost 2 years ago now.

I'd definitely be supporting a Plasmen price reduction down to to 50kp or in that realm, they are somewhat powerful but they aren't particularly better than species like Vox or Kidan. Maybe set up a petition or system so that people who bought the plasmen since the last time they were updated or tweaked could be reimbursed at least some of those points.

Increasing the cost of Kidan though? Pass. They aren't particularly prolific or common among the crew to begin with, making them less appealing and harder to unlock for players seems like a bad idea. If anything Kidan need some kind of tweak or update to make more players want to play them, or some proper lore push to get people interested in them again.

Supposedly TM Plasmen price was so high because it was in testing phase and nobody was really sure if they'd work and be reasonably balanced. This price was so high because players who could achieve that level of purchase were very well versed on the community and how the server should function, and would understand this wasn't quite finished yet. That was almost 2 years ago now.

I'd definitely be supporting a Plasmen price reduction down to to 50kp or in that realm, they are somewhat powerful but they aren't particularly better than species like Vox or Kidan. Maybe set up a petition or system so that people who bought the plasmen since the last time they were updated or tweaked could be reimbursed at least some of those points.

Increasing the cost of Kidan though? Pass. They aren't particularly prolific or common among the crew to begin with, making them less appealing and harder to unlock for players seems like a bad idea. If anything Kidan need some kind of tweak or update to make more players want to play them, or some proper lore push to get people interested in them again.

This is the point I was trying to make.

I love everything about this post and I support it whole-heartedly.

I wouldn't mind maybe dropping Plasma man price down, but to what would be a question.

Not mentioned here is that while they do have a round start spacesuit and internals, the suit ALSO doubles as armor that the job in question usually needs. For instance, Security Plasma men have the armor equivalent of Security Armor, and Engineering have their Hard suit values, without the slowdown I think.

I wouldn't mind maybe dropping Plasma man price down, but to what would be a question.

Not mentioned here is that while they do have a round start spacesuit and internals, the suit ALSO doubles as armor that the job in question usually needs. For instance, Security Plasma men have the armor equivalent of Security Armor, and Engineering have their Hard suit values, without the slowdown I think.

I'd say def. no lower then 45kp

50 to 60 would seem fair to me, while still being "Attainable" at least more so then the 100kp point they have right now.

I mean you CAN get that, but it's ... terrible if they're your primary species goal.

You act like Kidan are OP when they are the exact opposite. No sec huds, no flash protection, can't change records without a computer, no medical huds, no night vision, no mesons for mining, no mesons for engineering which makes you vulnerable to radiation, and more.

The 'armor' is only good for boxing because it doesn't stack well with other armors and really, how often are you going hand-to-hand with low damage weapons or your fists without using stuns?

You act like Kidan are OP when they are the exact opposite. No sec huds, no flash protection, can't change records without a computer, no medical huds, no night vision, no mesons for mining, no mesons for engineering which makes you vulnerable to radiation, and more.

The 'armor' is only good for boxing because it doesn't stack well with other armors and really, how often are you going hand-to-hand with low damage weapons or your fists without using stuns?

Auctally THEY CAN get flash protection or a medical/sec hud all they just need is the implant welding implant gives flash protection btw

Due to Plasma's lore, I quite like the idea that Plasmamen are rather rare, and remain at the expensive cost.

No offense intended by this, honest to god.

But.

Just about everyone I see say "Plasmas should remain at 100kp"

Are people who already have 100kp or already have plasmas, so it ... REALLY gives this air of trying to keep it exclusive, whether that's the intent or not.

Can you (And others who feel the same way) please elaborate on WHY it should be so obnoxiously expensive? (Lore doesn't count, because Vox and Slimes are both pretty damned uncommon lorewise.)

Because on the flip side of things here, assuming I played ss13 all the time, I'm sure I could get the karma relatively fast. But I don't. I usually play in the dead of night, to unwind. That's maybe 2 rounds, sometimes 3 before I toddle off to bed. And some nights I don't play ss13. Even assuming I got karma every single round, you're looking at, at LEAST 50-ish days of playing only ss13 every night. (Assuming 2 rounds with 1 karma on both rounds.)

Add into that mix that karma is unreliable at best and the process goes from "Sure okay, lengthy but it can happen." to "Good joke"

Fo someone just starting on the server, or someone just trying to save up an get them cuz they look really cool, it's REALLY fucking disheartening to see 100kp for... ANYTHING let alone a relatively mild fluff race. (I mean jesus, even magistrates aren't 100kp)

Look, maybe we could have a sale on the plasma man that way people who want it can get it then from there you could jack the price back up. So, that way people have more avenues, and instead making it seem like the elite of the elite club.I mean like , we a weekend sale at most.

I'd be for raising the karma cost on other species, to be honest.

Aliens should be a little more rare, except for those that aren't (Skrell, Unathi, ETC).

Rare species should be rare.

In my honest opinion, I think that all species aside from humans should be karma-locked.

In a similar manner to a whitelist, this would allow us to expect a slightly higher standard of RP from all the non-human players, especially considering the sizeable amount of lore that we'll probably be pushing out soon enough, and the fun character building that will be possible with it.

I think Plasmamen should remain where they are and that's not because I already own one and have another 86 Karma banked at the moment.

The frequency of the other races is just a little too *common* for my liking. For a long time I was the only Plasmaman, for a long time it was me and another IPC on the station.

Now there is Vox Club that I can justified dedicating an entire room to their atmosphere. Don't get me started on Vulkins. They are my mortal enemy.

In my honest opinion, I think that all species aside from humans should be karma-locked.

In a similar manner to a whitelist, this would allow us to expect a slightly higher standard of RP from all the non-human players, especially considering the sizeable amount of lore that we'll probably be pushing out soon enough, and the fun character building that will be possible with it.

That'd only lead to more karma apartheid.

Some people just don't get karma, ever, it's a bit mean to completely fence off the xenos from them just on the basis of better RP.

Eh, I've been playing since march/april, and I have it... so it isn't really 'community oldfarts'.....

My reasoning for it is similar to others on it, NT is a human founded corporation, it makes entirely logical sense that humans are the dominant force there.

It isn't meant to be elitist at all, its more me thinking of it the other way, not 'don't reduce my plasmaz!' - its more 'lets increase everything else?'

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use