Remove Xenomorphs from event rotation.

thebeoni

Xenos as we know them know are unbearable they have stunlock ranged leap.

And there are only three ways how to deal with them

1. Find them early and destroy them completely(almost never happens)

2. High number of combat mechs.

3. DS

Nothing and no one else can stop them as they currently are. So i propose removing them from event rotation since and trust me it's more salt and more terrible that Rev

They're inarguably one of the few fun antags to face off against that don't instakill you.

The crew is perfectly capable of staving off infestations and dealing with even serious xenomorph threats simply by utilizing some forward thinking, and not going off in groups of less than three.

They can be legitimately and absolutely countered by welding some vents, cutting some pipes, or using an RCD to set up glass maintenance-access doors in critical junctions (which the aliens can't open), allowing crewmembers to laser the pants off of xenos, as well as giving them safe fall-back points.

The only thing that bothers me about xenomorphs is how the crew typically reacts, not the strength on the xenomorphs themselves. If people started treating xenomorphs like the serious antag they were, and actually took precautionary measures this thread likely wouldn't exist.

Seriously. How many times have you seen someone shout there's xenomorphs on station, only to watch as medbay is overrun because zero of the ten people working there decided to grab a welding torch? (It's about nine times out of ten, for reference).

I think the problem with xenos is that fights tend to be incredibly one sided.

True, it's easy to "win" against them if you just weld up vents and not allow them to spread, but that's not the fun part, is it?

Making them less powerful in combat (looking at you, instant stuns with no cooldown), but more effective in stealth could make for more interesting gameplay.

I think part of the problem is how easy it is for an alien to strap you into the nest making survival by surgery near impossible or even escape even if you know you are going to die.

Maybe the resin nests should be easier or faster to escape from so aliens have to actively prevent escape. Not just disarm everyone after 2 minutes to prevent escape

Stunleap is terrible.

100% disarm stun is terrible.

But to be fair you can unbuckle people that are strapped into nests next to you and punch xenos.

The only thing I hate about Xeno's is when people act like they have already lost against them when it just started. I vote to keep them and nerf their amazing stuns a tad

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use