A random idea

pazneria12

I'm at work so I'll keep this brief, I think slime people should have their cores moved to their chest, and have limbs come off as easily as ipc's. I also think they should have no bones because of this because honestly having bones in a slime is kind of dumb, even if it is "hardened slime". That's pretty much all.

Ps. Vulpakin need a downside, from what I've learned they are Reskins of tajaran with no downsides of it.

I'm at work so I'll keep this brief, I think slime people should have their cores moved to their chest, and have limbs come off as easily as ipc's. I also think they should have no bones because of this because honestly having bones in a slime is kind of dumb, even if it is "hardened slime". That's pretty much all.

Ps. Vulpakin need a downside, from what I've learned they are Reskins of tajaran with no downsides of it.

When the change came around slimes originally had no bones, but that was shot down. I don't see why that decision should be reversed now.

I would totally be for moving the slime core and having slimes be able to regrow their head, seems very slime-ish and cool.

There's no real UPSIDE to counterbalance that downside. They get claws and thus can inflict bleed damage, but so can Dionae, Tajarans, and even Vox (I think.) Slimes can regrow body parts (at a brutal Nutrition cost) , Vox can spacewalk (but have to have Voxygen), Dionae don't need to eat and regen health (But two spritzes of plant-b-gon and they're dead, nevermind how SLOW a Diona is,) Plasmamen spawn with suits but burn to death if the suit's removed AND have to breathe plasma, IPCs are fragile but can eat from APCs and ignore viruses.

There's not enough of a mechanical advantage to that bleed effect (It might even be a disadvantage, considering the fact it leaves behind forensic evidence) to call for a commensurate downside.

There's not enough of a mechanical advantage to that bleed effect (It might even be a disadvantage, considering the fact it leaves behind forensic evidence) to call for a commensurate downside.

Thats not the main point of this post, its just something I added on on a whim since i heard that they are basically Tajaran but better.

When the change came around slimes originally had no bones, but that was shot down. I don't see why that decision should be reversed now.

I would totally be for moving the slime core and having slimes be able to regrow their head, seems very slime-ish and cool.

I dont really understand why not tbh, I think it would make them more slimey aswell, and what exactly is the problem with them having no bones, but having limbs fall off easier?

Thats not the main point of this post, its just something I added on on a whim since i heard that they are basically Tajaran but better.

They are literally the same as Tajarans, except for the sprites.

They are literally the same as Tajarans, except for the sprites.

They are not, actually.

Taj are less heat resistant, and have sharp damage. They also see better in the dark, the difference in sight range is three tiles of illumination, if I recall.

Vulp have minor cold resistance, and do sharp damage. They should have some form of downside, but presently do not.

As for other species...

Vox require internals, are space proof but will slough without a suit, lose a pocket, belt, back, or exosuit slot (depending on where they put their tank), and have troubles disguising themselves. They are uncloneable. Their lungs are never full of dust, either.

Plasmamen require internals, are not space proof (but do start with a space-proof EVA suit), are vulnerable to fire damage, ignite without their suit, have no blood, lose their exosuit slot (the tank can't be put in a pocket) and can't disguise themselves. They are cloneable, but it takes some extra know-how.

IPC's take increased brute/burn damage but can repair damage on the fly via welder/cable coil unless it's too serious. Their brains are in their chest, and they're incredibly vulnerable to EMP's. They also drop everything everywhere when their arms are damaged.

Slimes I don't even know at this point. Uncloneable, though.

Greys/Drask mechanical differences are more or less irrelevant, and I'm pretty sure some of the racial disadvantages from Grey have been broken forever.

Diona are vermin, so they don't count.

I feel like this is getting off topic, can someone tell me the problem with slime people not having bones, but having weak limbs as a counter? no one seems to have a problem with the head getting moved to the chest either, can someone explain the reasons?

I feel like this is getting off topic, can someone tell me the problem with slime people not having bones, but having weak limbs as a counter? no one seems to have a problem with the head getting moved to the chest either, can someone explain the reasons?

I think a few people said they didn't want to be weak like IPCs.

I personally don't see the issue but I don't play the race.

Vulpkanin do not have any cold resistance or heat weakness. Their ability to withstand high or low temperatures is the same as humans. The only non-cosmetic things they have are nightvision when wearing mesons (Same as Tajara), sharp unarmed attacks, slightly less alcohol resistance (Their alcohol resistance is 1.4. Humans have 1.0, and skrell have 4.0, for comparison) (Same as Tajaran), and the ability to eat mice, lizards, chicks, chickens, crabs, butterflies, parrots, and tribbles (Same as Unathi). The nightvision while wearing mesons thing is really the only part that affects gameplay, the rest is mostly fluff. Unarmed attacks generally aren't used when you're trying to kill someone, at least in my case.

a. getting off track again because of a ps I added that wasnt the main idea, B. the problem was that they are basically tajaran but slightly better.

getting back on topic, how would that make them weak like ipc's? if you lose a limb, you can litterally just regrow it to fix the damage, making cutting off an arm to heal yourself a valid tactic, which I think would be kinda funny.

Not having bones means you can't suffer broken bones. Because they can regen limbs as it is, it's pretty much a straight out buff to an already fairly overpowered race.

Slime core in torso otoh I don't know what effect it would have, beyond being able to survive decaps.

do you know how long it takes to regen limbs? and also it costs a lot of nutrients, which can be a pain if you regen to many.

and also it would make them lose limbs easier, so you could lose your legs easier, which basically means you are done if you are in a fight, so I think that balances out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use