Immersive enhancements.

Kluys

I have been thinking of a few ideas that would improve the immersiveness of the game.

Sorted in how much work it would probably take to do.

Minor:

Chem reactions giving off light.

Simple bots making noises.

Major:

Micro traitors:

Most rounds currently have only one type of antag or multiple, I propose it would be better if we have 0-3 micro traitors during almost every roundtype. They should be different from traitors in that they only get minor objectives like theft or a single murder, less tc's and no access to large explosives. This would decrease meta, give security something to focus on in roundtypes that would normally be boring for them and it would cause some interesting situations, imagine having to steal something while the station is being blown up by meteors.

Mini events:

Small events that happen on a fast timer.

Some of these could include a micro version of the backpressure surge. (only 1 or 2 vents instead of everywhere)

A single small meteor hitting the station.

An apc draining itself completely. (rebooting)

an extra crate appearing on the cargo shuttle.

4 seconds of radio static where messages get jumbled

ofcourse these would also have a chance of just not happening.

Z-wide sounds:

I think this game could do with some more sounds. there could be large scale or even z level wide sounds for certain events happening, The singularity/tesla being generated.

Shuttles going in or dropping out of bluespace.

A bluespace event happening.

Captains logs:

Would function practically the same as the library, gives the captain a small console to record a log, log gets saved to a database persistant across rounds and can be accessed later via the console or other places so the crew can access captains logs of previous shifts. logs will be saved with propper date automatically. To create a log the console is accessed by the captain who then puts it into log mode, the console will then record what is said in its visual range. The console turns off logging mode automtically after 5 minutes or when the captain hits the stop button, Logs can only be made once every shift.

Ill add more to these as I go.

All these ideas are pretty neat for sure, I most certainly would like to see the 'Micro Traitors' especially, as you said, it'd most certainly help with the meta side of it all, but I could see where it'd be a tad confusing with some of the modes.

For example, a traitor getting converted by a Cultist would be irritating, stuff like that really. But I do like the 'micro traitor' idea alot.

I will be honest I discussed two of these ideas with other staff members and that thing you just said is why I said "most gamemodes"

I kinda like everything but the micro traitors.

However, I do like the idea of a person given an objective to be a typical graytider. As is, it just sounds like Hardmode for a random syndicate agent.

What it should be is more like turning a player into a hooligan who's aim is to cause some minor trouble and break space law. May I give a few ideas for objectives that might work?

1: An objective to get into a barfight, with the aim of doing a certain amount of damage to a target person while within the boundary of the bar. The selected player would be given a reason as to why (such as the person in question farting on you earlier, or making a joke about your mother), and then would have the optional objective of being drunk while doing so.

2: An objective to torment the clown or mime, which would either include stealing something belonging to them, dealing a certain amount of damage to them, or in some cases, trying to get the clown/mime arrested somehow. It always has been a running gag of how much people IC hate the clown and mime, and everyone is aware how OOC wise, a lot of them tend to not really do their jobs so much as cause suffering to people and constantly break the law.. So it would be an amusing, logical objective for someone to have.

3: Find a target drug and feed your addiction to it throughout the shift. Be it as simple as coffee or as hard as meth, the player who has this must find the chemical in question and attempt to hold onto and feed their addiction to it as long as possible, without getting rehab. Players, of course, start clean, so they aren't in a rush to get high right away.

I figure these would blend in better with the game, and give security some minor crimes to work on during slower shifts, as well as make use of all those minor laws in Space law, instead of just focusing on Capital all the time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use