IPCs are not balanced

Yinseng

I think gamewise, IPCs are in a pretty good place. The code is snowflakey as hell, but it at least makes them have a nice different feel to them.

EMP is a very cheap kill, but so is a sleepypen. I don't think there are really big problems that need drastic overhauls with IPCs.

I think gamewise, IPCs are in a pretty good place. The code is snowflakey as hell, but it at least makes them have a nice different feel to them.

EMP is a very cheap kill, but so is a sleepypen. I don't think there are really big problems that need drastic overhauls with IPCs.

This exactly.

Oh look, another thing

IPC's are also completely immune to sleepy pens and other chemicals such as syringe guns and gasses.

In the end, IPC's are a snowflake race that bypasses so much else that they need some kind of Achilles

It continues to befuddle me how you think IPCs are not balanced.

Pros:

• Easy healing.

No diseases/tox damage.

Cons:

• More brute damage taken.

Method of instakilling them exists.

Not needing food is a nonissue. Organics can just get food from any vending machine, of which there are many.

I'll never understand why people call a race that's supposed to be fully robotic a snowflake race for being, well, robotic. O well, lmao, whine some more I guess :P

All of this.

Also, in terms of IPCs not needing to eat, humans won't die if they don't eat, they just get slow, same with IPCs who don't recharge at APCs. IPCs get both more brute and burn damage, immunity to oxygen and toxins. Be aware that the two most common damage types are brute and burn, the third being oxygen loss, and fourth being toxins. The vast majority of all weapons you'd use to kill somebody easily beat IPCs without any trouble, faster and easier than a normal organic race.

Lethal supervirus diseases aren't incredibly common, and when they do spring up, virology is a fairly easy task if there's a competent virologist aboard, which there isn't always.

EMP lethality and weakness to incredibly common damage types are a necessity for their boons. Lack of breathing and sleep/stun chems, and everything else mentioned included, IPCs are still weak to explosives, fire chems, death sprays, acids, and aren't stun immune, which, using soap, banana peels, buckets filled with water, space lube, etc. can work for ghetto stuns. If need be, I'd ramble on about this topic all day and night, but in this regard, I think it'd be best to quote properpants and say

Let's flesh out other races before worrying about ones that are already fine.

Simply put, it'd be best to leave well enough alone, there are more under and overpowered things in the game that are more influential in the round than the current state of IPCs due to how easily the positives and negatives can be dealt with. Greys are an interesting topic at the moment for being horribly underpowered or stale due to a series of nerfs/removals of features they've gotten over time.

I'll never understand why people call a race that's supposed to be fully robotic a snowflake race for being, well, robotic.

The snowflake here refers to the way they're coded. There is code everywhere that is specific to IPCs that no other race has or needs, and causes a headache for coders, because so many things created have to take IPCs into account in the way that no other race has.

It isn't "snowflake" in the mary-sue roleplaying terms, it's a coding thing. I don't think this, per se, is a bad thing, but it just means they're more of a hassle for code related issues, and something that on the whole should be avoided to stop making the code like a pile of spaghetti. In the case of IPCs, the hassle is worth the pay off, but should still be limited where possible so it doesn't get too out of hand.

Is anyone going to actually address the argument how the magnitude of their strengths and weaknesses wildly differ depending on their role?

Because that's what this was supposed to be about.

It's almost like they're an interesting and unique race with situational advantages and disadvantages.

Now, I'm not going to claim this was a shitpost by you, because you're serious about it.

But your fundamental assumption (That being strong in some areas and weak in others is bad) is flawed and all the overwrought reasoning you've applied on top inherits this flaw.

I'll never understand why people call a race that's supposed to be fully robotic a snowflake race for being, well, robotic.

Because every time we implement features with life, organs, viruses, or things that heal, we have to snowflake out exceptions for the damn things. Then, half the time something new gets added it's complained about, endlessly, how X, Y, and Z should work for IPCs (conveniently, it's always things that benefit them or heal/give buffs that are wanted, but those things that are downsides, typically they want kept removed).

The race is literally, snowflake: the race, from a coding standpoint--the amount of bugs, bullshit, and maintainability issues they cause is more than all the other races in the game combined.

And that is why they're called "snowflakes".

There's nothing wrong with liking or playing the race--let me make that clear, but from a code perspective, they're a huge pain in the ass.

I don't see how being immune to oxy and tox and etc isn't a Loyal advantage, it's harder for traitors to permanently waste you too.

And quite frankly you're deluded as hell if you think they excel at antagging. If you fuck up so hard they have to use lethal force it's only gonna take a toolbox to kill you in like 15 seconds

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use