Petty Changes 2

Yinseng

rename loyalty implants to 'mindshield' or 'protector' implants

This, please. I've asked for this since before loyalty implants were changed to just protect.

Protector class implants, HO!

Maybe add to that implants protection from "project mind" as well? As a downside.

Make lightbulbs not burn your hand. I can't think of any other way to accidentally hurt yourself. Even cutting with glass shards, you would have to purposely click your sprite.

Alternatively, put in those grates that are generally suppose to be around lights in the first place.

8692859.jpg

At least for security; it's annoying as hell when unruly prisoners just keep touching their light bulbs in order to get attention/kill themselves. And when you attempt to move them into solitary confinement, HEY ANOTHER LIGHT BULB!

Granted, you could argue that if prisoners wanted to kill themselves anyways, there's a suicide verb. So hey, there's that.

Also

A lot of the previous thread's petty changes were implemented, so a fresh thread seems appropriate.

I don't think.... ANY of those things on my original thread were added. Except maybe labelling pill bottles with a pen. It's still fun making these though.

First thing that comes to mind for me is for someone to fix the crossbow so it actually hits people, been broken for ages and it just seems to keep falling through the cracks.

Other things...

Magboots for Maintnence Drones so they don't get constantly swept around by atmosphere, and replace their Plastic sheets with Plasteel ones so they can actually fix reinforced walls.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, a problem with the Diona code, or some weird temperature problem in maintenance tunnels, but make it so that Diona don't spontaneously start taking burn damage while walking around the maintenance tunnels. (seriously, it happens.)

hmmm.... thats all I can think of off the top of my head

Well that is just fantastic! time to play more Maintenance Drone!

That said, another petty change might be to include other ways for maintenance drones to be contacted then just by maintenance drone console. Do they have access to the AI channel? They should, even if they arn't allowed to talk on it so the AI can at least INFORM the drones of work to be done

Well that is just fantastic! time to play more Maintenance Drone!

That said, another petty change might be to include other ways for maintenance drones to be contacted than* just by maintenance drone console. Do they have access to the AI channel? They should, even if they aren't* allowed to talk on it so the AI can at least INFORM the drones of work to be done

Drones have access to binary, but can only communicate to other drones.

Also, one of the rules of the drones is that they can't be commanded by the AI, so that puts that idea down.

what's an AI channel btw?

I want nymphs to be able to split from the gestualt they are hiding in, and be healed by the gestault as they dont heal otherwise. Seriously, its kinda annoying having to relog because you had to hide from someone who wanted you dead.

Make pAIs that are stored in PDAs able to interface with the PDA, receiving and replying to messages to that PDA. What's the point of a personal assistant if they can't do your mail for you? Perhaps add a tiny addendum to the messages the pAI sends, noting the fact.

Yes, I suggested that in firts topic but well:

CMO: give him advanced medical HUD, brig phys and blueshield have. Because unlike any other command member his lack even flash protection which is not fun at all.

Brig phys: 1) medical channel. There is always need in one but you always have to rip the radio key out of free headset to get one which is not cool. 2) Telescopic baton for self-defence. Yes, flash and pepper spray are pretty robust self-defence weapons but only against someone without sunglasses and face mask. Any greytide wearing sunglasses and gasmask(voxy with sunglasses) or welding mask is completely immune to your weapons and can easily stunprod and drag you in the maints for your access.

Blueshield: security channel back, please. Yes, BS is not supposed to be security but security channel is his primary source of unformation about assault on any head and other shit regarding them. There were lots of situations where every secs(even brig phys) knows that one of the heads in imminent danger while BS not. Nobody warned him and he have no sec channel.

HoP: remove his security officer access and give him spare seclight for his egun. Because why the hell bureaucrat needs security access when there is captain and HoS present on station? His security channel turned off by default for the reason.

Quartermaster: Privacy shutters for his office. You always need them in case some clown/greyshirt bugs you for something.

UPD. Please return that departmental armbands. But not as security item. Instead give each type of armband for every respectful department so people from could identify themselves while wearing neutral clothing. Red - security, EMT - medical etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use