Cryonic Race: the Drask

HugoLuman

I'd like to point out that currently darksight does nothing unless you're wearing mesons, and then it gives nightvision for that many tiles. But with naked eyes it does nothing, so it shouldn't be a major balancing factor.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to point out that currently darksight does nothing unless you're wearing mesons, and then it gives nightvision for that many tiles. But with naked eyes it does nothing, so it shouldn't be a major balancing factor.

And meson have a weakness for flashes, emp and other blinding stuff. Would fit in with the sensitive eyes lore... well they do not have meson eyes, but ye get the point. Miner Drask can save a pocket/exosuit etc. Slot on light and just roll with mesons.

Alright, I've coded everything I can think of to code for them, so unless I've missed something (and I hope someone can look over the PR and tell me if I have), that leaves just rebalancing the numbers already there and the lore to discuss.

WIP lore is here, thoughts? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GR6 ... GLhQZS1qcU

Lore is good, I like the theme and such for them.

I think they're going to be one of those species that are weaker than humans, similar to greys or kidan, because fire and heat is a common type of damage and I'm not seeing that they'll get a lot of use out of the supercooled internals, though I could be wrong.

Still, absolutely fantastic work and you've put a lot of work into coding them as well. Darksight is still pretty much worthless though, as it does nothing without mesons.

Oh man, these are rad.

Saving up karma.

But a few questions. Are they aquatic, or just subterranean? Because the lore states how they live on ocean planets, underground, but never states if they are aquatic.

And what would be AMAZING, is if there was a guide about what "spike movements" mean what, as I noticed this little bit on the lore here "They also have a set of organic “spikes” on their forearms, which are well-nerved and serve to provide touch input to the individual, as well as a way to express emotions in Drask communities".

And, another thing, I assume they've never encountered alcohol (Due to lack of crops on Ocean Planets) and food other than fish or perhaps ocean plants, like seaweed? ...oh my god, here's an idea, the alcohol they have is from some weird ocean plant, like coral or seaweed or something. Just fluff stuff, but still cool.

And maybe mannerisms? Like, are they more like the Vox ("Kikikiki Voxxie think flesh funny!") or more graceful in their speaking, like the common Skrell ("I really do not approve of these honestly despicable actions you lessers keep trying to do to the...jester, over there. Disposals is not for other beings!"), or even like the Dionas, ("This one requires an assigned profession. This one should note that it is knowledgeable in the skillset of mixing chemical compounds.") as it would help with RPing them.

+1,000,000

Take all my +.

Where do people keep getting ocean and aquatic from? Their planet is a big ball of rock and ice that may have had a subsurface ocean in the past, but doesn't any longer.

As for mannerisms, that too could use some development. Currently I'm thinking on their concept of time, coming from a planet with no seasons and little difference between day and night, where they can live very long lives. They probably find many of the other races frantic and fiery. Personality-wise, I think they could be considered opportunistic, or even greedy. They are eager to spread into space and learn what they can from the space-faring races.

Alright, while we wait for the staff to pass judgement on the PR, let's work on the lore some more. FlattestGuitar already pointed out a few issues, and I've added some more today

In light of the initial RP, I've got some more stuff to add to the lore. Namely that they really don't like warm food. And we should flesh out the city-states

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use