Limitless traitor objectives

Yinseng

A lot of traitor-based rounds end pretty quietly, because they'll just simply complete their objectives and then go into hiding until the crew shift or whatever else happens.

But what if 'Die a glorious death' and 'Escape the station' were nixed altogether, and instead, whenever all objectives are fulfilled, they get new ones. They've already won at this point, but they could now WIN EVEN HARDER.

I think it would make rounds much more interesting.

You can already do this by emagging a fax machine and contacting the syndicate. A simple solution to this would be to add a fax machine to the library. Maybe make it a "disconnected" one that doesn't connect to CC or the heads offices, but can serve as a secret link to the syndicate? I dunno, either way there is already a way to get more objectives though.

Personally, I don't think a fax machine should be involved - I think they should just automatically receive more orders as soon as their first set of objectives are complete. The whole idea is to make rounds more interesting, so the faster and safer they get new objectives the better.

I agree with this but you get issues when paired with the escape or die objectives. Unless you can omit those to obtaining more objectives I say this is a good idea

Maybe if there was a button you could press that would give you one or two additional objectives after checking your progress?

Don't we have enough buttons already? Additional objectives beyond your initial set would be optional - and awarding them automatically would be just a good way to nudge people.

There was talk awhile ago how more antags would be created if other antags were killed/completed their objectives, I'd prefer that imo.

image.jpg

THIS

If traitors want more objectives, they should be able to get them. Either via asking (e.g: public fax machine they can use), or some automated, traitor-only method (like a button in their uplink).

Forcing new objectives on them when they complete existing ones doesn't sound fun, and has a good chance of creating impossible situations for them.

If you want traitor rounds to be more exciting, perhaps a case could be made for:

• More traitors being chosen in that round type.

• Change the weighting of objectives to favor ones that create interesting situations, e.g: more murder objectives, debrain objectives, steal-the-captains-gun objectives. Less 'print a RCD at an autolathe' objectives. Less 'survive the whole round by doing nothing' objectives.

Changing the way traitors work so as to discourage people from simply hiding in a locker half the round in order to make sure they get their greentext. For example, making it easier to 'lock in' greentext once you've met your objectives. That way, once you've completed your objectives you can relax a bit, and play a fun antagonist, rather than being encouraged to play it safe by the mechanics because you're already invested in trying to greentext.

Smart admin intervention. I'd love to see the game evaluate how much action there is in every 15 minute period, and notify admins 'hey, people might be bored' if a round goes for awhile with no action happening. Then, senior admins can make the decision about whether they want to introduce something to spice up the round.

More objectives? I don't see how this would work... what if I get "die a glorious death"? how could I complete the "new objectives" if I diedededed

Or "highjack the escape shuttle"... it's a round end objective, you can't really click a button and have extra objectives.

In my opinion we don't need extra optional objectives... not to mention the strain security would have.

More objectives? I don't see how this would work... what if I get "die a glorious death"? how could I complete the "new objectives" if I diedededed

Or "highjack the escape shuttle"... it's a round end objective, you can't really click a button and have extra objectives.

In my opinion we don't need extra optional objectives... not to mention the strain security would have.

You probably wont get more "final" objectives, that would break alot of things.

Read the thread dude. I say in the very first post that the 'final' objectives would have to be nixed. It'd be a worthy tradeoff.

Oh didn't notice... still don't like the idea.

You aren't considering some important stuff.

First, from what you wrote... you have 5 traitors who get no end objectives that have the option to get more objectives if they complete their original objectives at a press of a button . That means 5 potatoes running causing havok. how? apart from their original objectives they can assassinate extra people, which is kind of murderboning giving all the taters have the option to kill more than one crew member (not to mention when they'll get "hijack the shuttle" objective and to be honest I prefer a wizard with no cooldown on EI NATH running around) .Also, they could break into places and steal really valuable shit like the captain Unique Gun.. adv mag boots.. and whatever the HoS, RD and CMO have. It means that all the heads are basically a target cause most likely they'll have the stuff on them. Furthermore, you are completely ignoring security. let's say we have 3 active taters and 2 officers, of course the round is quiet what did you expect the taters going gunz BlaZing 360 No Sc0ping their targets?! at best one of them will use an E sword or a revolver but that's it, security is lacking coverage and there's nothing to do about it except getting more officers which kind of happening but the taters are cycling them so... yeah. And you want to add more objectives to that?! that's mad I tell ya! mad!. That's tater round in a nutshell and if it's "boring" focus on your job and don't be butthurt about it.

Limitless traitor objectives or "press button, receive additional objectives" is effectively just "Goon/TG style antags"...which is well...more of an administrative thing, than coding thing.

Limitless traitor objectives or "press button, receive additional objectives" is effectively just "Goon/TG style antags"...which is well...more of an administrative thing, than coding thing.

Well do you think they would get more objectives if they ask? Honest question and I'd imagine the answer to be no or depends. If you have a good traitor on board and they want a bigger challenge I'd like to see how far they can go

Well do you think they would get more objectives if they ask? Honest question and I'd imagine the answer to be no or depends. If you have a good traitor on board and they want a bigger challenge I'd like to see how far they can go

Depends on the admins. Some admins change objectives if you ahelp it or just request some--others will deny it ever time and insist you emag a console or fax machine.

As for getting additional objectives? Depends on the admins, again--some will just ignore every single fax, others will jump on it and be sure to give you additional objectives---it just depends.

Not just on who the admin is, but what they're up to, how the round is going, etc. If it's been quiet for an hour, I'll be more likely to give some out. If the shuttle docks in 5s and escape is in flames, don't count on it.

Also don't count on it if I haven't had enough coffee/are busy with other stuff etc. But there's no harm in trying, just don't spam us ;)

Let me tell ye people about getting more objectives and how it got me killed while i had greentexted my old objectives.

It was a usual shift and i got

1. Steal RDs teleporting armor

2. Escape alive.

Was a quiet round and as a scientist, i was able to prepare for ALMOST any conflict (remember last 3 words) i could get into. In the end i had a wormhole portal gun, RnD syndi crossbow (saved 12 tc right there), Captains laser, stun baton, emag, chamelion suit, agents id, e-pen, and most importantly, storage implant.

After borrowing the fax machine from the NT reps office, i sent a message to the Syndicate asking if they need anything else done, since i finished my objective early into the shift. After a minute and no response, i left the fax machine and went for a stroll. Soon as i left the maintenance my PDA starts to vibrate.

1. Steal RD teleporting armor ( i really do not want to write the name for it down right now)

2. HIJACK THE SHUTTLE (Replaced escape alive and not in cuffs)

3. Protect Jonah Bright ( adminbus i say! ( well duh! They gave ye the extra objectives ye idiot, why not use the opportunity? ( was also tator)))

4. Protect Violet (somethingsomething)

This was the moment i panicked a bit... Just when ye have it in bag and hoping for somethig lil extra... BOOM! Nuke the crew without the Nuke! AND get 2 fellow traitors out while escaping.

Still in shock and going over everything i could do in a 20 minute timeframe (13.40 was the clock for the shift). A idea struck, since i have caps laser, i need more self recharging lasers... TO THE RND ( they did a steller job that round, EVERYTHING except mech teleporter was unlocked.) Had already a belt and a bag of holding from earlier, i could take quite an arsenal with me. Soon as i enter maintenance, i see a security officer just standing there...

Pass him once, pass him twice, seems brain-dead, but not SSD. Though to my self, why not start here with my killing spree, got the equipment. Take out the crossbow, hit, stun, down and follow up cap's laser to the head. Quick clean and safe-ish. He did say help, maint and disabled his suit sensors... but what followed... was a big mistake.

Poor Gregorie Mess had his face melted by the laser and tried to hide him fast. I heard the footsteps of an security grade boots of loudness. I try to run, but it is late, he is here. Another shot with the crossbow and a follow up with the cap's laser and hes is dead. Try to make a get-away, i get cutoff by a detective in a damn CHICKEN SUIT! He hold me at bay by the Turbine long enough for the back up and down i go by the one they call Teebs the Sec pilot.

This was the end to my beautiful story about how getting more objective will get ye killed. Is it a bad thing i got the electric chair? Nope, cause i had a blast and in the end, security didn't have any proof i was a syndicate, until i screamed FOR THE SYNDICATE! While getting the chair.

In my opinion, the system to "replace" dead traitors kinda is the auto-tator event that happens (will become a traitor half way thru the shift) and having a button to get more objectives? No, just no...

As it would be convinient just to press a button for "!¡FUN¡!"... it is not needed. Get a fax machine, emag it and send a formal letter to the Syndicate.

Please follow this: http://nanotrasen.se/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6423

Anyway after my kinda... poetic story (slow hour at work) my opinion is to maybe increase the chance for the Auto-tator to happen and leave getting extra objectives as it is.

Just my pile of 2 cents.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use