Labor Camp Overhaul

TullyBBurnalot

Alright, bear with me here, because it's time for yet another instance of Burnalot Enterprises Multi-Parter Post (TM!)

Part 1: Remove the Labor Camp

As much as I would love alternate forms of punishment that aren't "go sit in a corner for X minutes", I have to say I dislike the Labor Camp immensely, and would like to see it removed. Here are my reasons as to why:

It's out of the way: Yes, I know it's Security's (and the Warden's, specifically) job to take care of prisoners. But, as it stands, the Labor Camp requires the use of a shuttle on the ass end of Security, is pretty much the same size as Security itself, can be dug even bigger, and is on an entirely different Z-Level.

It's not safe: Any prisoner that happens to be space proof (like Vox or Plasmamen) can quite easily escape within 2 minutes without constant supervision. Anyone else can get internals, break in, leave some way for people to escape, and Security will have nearly no way to find the prisoner in any reasonable amount of time. In addition, it's not safe for the abiding prisoners, either. Goliath, much?

It requires constant babysitting: Mostly due to the above two points, and even moreso than regular Brig Cells. You need to have an Officer constantly on watch to make sure no funny business is going on, which more often than not would deprive the station of much needed manpower.

It doesn't even work: Prisoner IDs can just send the shuttle back to the station without having collected any points. This defeats the entire purpose of forcing people to mine for points, as they can essentially just throw a tantrum and force you to brig them normally.

When it does, it doesn't for long: Due to the fact that it has no available Internals or EVA equipment, the Labor Camp can be used for as long as it takes someone to mine out the immediate area. What I mean is, so long as you don't breach into space, or any other cavern on the asteroid, you won't need internals. But the moment you do, you can kiss the labor camp goodbye, because that thing is going to sloooowly depressurize all the way to the main camp. Depending on RNG, this can effectively corral the prisoners to a very small area of operations. Not to mention, most of the available ores are Iron, which is hell for high-point sentences.

It's a bloody, needless hassle: At the end of the day, considering everything I just said, the prisoner would actually be far better sitting it out than going through the whole darned Labor Camp process, wasting far fewer resources and time.

So, what to do?

Part 2: The Workshop

Or "How I learned to love slave labor".

For any of you that have played Prison Architect, you'll know what I'm talking about. For those that haven't, here's the gist of what I'm suggesting:

The Workshop itself would be located somewhere in the Prison Wing, most likely near the Permabrig. It would be a decently-sized room, perhaps with a couple of toilets thrown in for good measure (think Perma, only slightly smaller). This Workshop would have several Stamping Presses (see below), which can be used by the prisoners to stamp license plates, or circuit board molds, or whatever the heck, the item itself doesn't really matter. No tools would be provided, for obvious reasons.

Each Stamping Press would then rack up points depending on how much work was done. These points can then be collected in a Prisoner ID and, upon reaching the alloted quota, the Prisoner ID can be used on a machine by the door to open it and signal the Warden/Officers that someone has finished their work and can be released.

The items created could then be shipped off to Cargo, where they could be returned to Central Command for a small amount of points (think 1-2 points each, so as to not make it competitive with Plasma).

This system would permit the prisoners to shorten their sentences through hard labor in a simple, easy way that does not require extensive babysitting and is not more at risk of a security breach than the rest of the Prison Wing. In addition, it would be far, far, far more convenient and usable for Security, as all they would have to do would be get a Prisoner ID, set the points, and drop the prisoner in the Workshop. In addition to that, it would let the prisoners actually have something to do other than sit in a cell, and hopefully keep them occupied. Hell, it lets them do something that actually benefits the rest of the crew as well, as penance!

Part 3: The Stamping Press

I'm not a coder, and I think that's about to become super obvious in this last section.

I would propose, for the Stamping Press (image for reference), a UI similar to the claw machine. You initiate the action and, after doing so, a block of metal would appear on the bottom of the UI, and a moving Press on the top. This Press would move from the left to the right, and you would have to time it so it impacts the press in the right spot. If you fail to activate it, it simply keeps rolling and does nothing. If you miss the block of metal entirely, it also does nothing. If you stamp it properly, it generates a plate at the side of the machine, which would most likely have a crate, for ease of transportation.

For the process itself, I would propose the following as well:

Green Zone: A good "hit" on the metal block, with the Press hitting most, if not all of it. Creates a "Good Plate" next to the machine, which is worth 15 Labor Points and 2 Supply Points;

Orange Zone: An average "hit" on the metal block, with the Press hitting little over half of it. Creates an "Average Plate" next to the machine, which is worth 10 Labor Points and 1 Supply Point;

Red Zone: A bad "hit" on the metal block, with the Press hitting a minimal part of it (the edges, mostly). Creates a "Worthless Plate" next to the machine, which is worth 5 Labor Points and 0 Supply Points

This way, the prisoners get to entertain themselves with a minigame, and are encouraged to do good work, in return for a faster release, in addition to generating goods that Cargo can use to get useful items for the rest of the station!

As always, feedback please!

I think this would be a much safer, secure alternative to the current system. A rarely used, but better system.

Honestly, in all my time playing, I rarely see people get shipped off to the mining rock, probably because it is too much of a hassle, which makes it a waste of data. Why bother having it if 9 times out of 10 they'll never ship them there. Hell, they rarely even permabrig people, they just kill em off when they get a chance to so there is no risk of escaping.

Making a more secure permabrig, along with an activity to keep inmates busy, would probably mean more people would use the permabrig instead of lopping their head off or what have you.

[edit]

Oh, pardon me, I just realized it WASN'T connected to perma, just near it. Still, it would be nice if perma had more use in shifts.

Still so, it would do wonders for the prison system, rather than having to deal with people constantly banging on windows or trying to kill themselves because they got tossed in a cell. Idle hands are the devil's workshop, as they say.

I'm up for this, i love me some slave labor as the warden.

Can i add some more work ideas?

Tiny Chem Lab

Add a little room with one chemistry dispenser and one of them pill makers so prisoners can make medicine for the medbay. But it should not be as advanced as the ones in chemistry so they cannot make explosives, but only has basic things to make basic medicine. I'm not the best with making medicine, so i wouldn't know what basic elements would be in these basic chem stations but i'm sure someone knows exactly how to make this safe. These chems can then be used to get points like tully suggested.

Prison Garden

Just add one or two hydroponic tables or however you call those things in botany along with a hand picked set of seeds, for example banana, apples and potatoes. Also add one seed reclaiming thing that gives you seeds when you insert a fruit/vegatable, so they can keep planting. And ofcourse a little watering can and a hoe.

These fruits can then be used to get points and get you out like tully suggested. This fruit can ofcourse be brought to the kitchen, or kept in security for the hungry officers.

I like the idea, but if we're gonna go full prison architect, we should go full prison architect and have some kind of set up for Janitor (Tracking collar and a mop that records how many messes it's cleaned up?), some kind of botanical garden for growing tower caps for wood and general produce for food. Not exactly sure how Laundry would work since most people walk around bloodstained or make use of showers to just cleanse themselves all at once, washing machines are only used now days to kill pets and assistants who get out of line.

Yes... Labor collars that keep track of certain deeds. It would be like being demoted to an assistant.. Only, if you misbehave, you get shocked.

Yeah, we could slap all kinds of features in em too, like a pin pointer and a death alarm, so inmates can't kill themselves, as well as a countermeasure if they try to take it off without the Warden's keycard, stunning them like an active stun club.

Then you could put them to work doing all sorts of insulting labor, the collars keeping track of whatever you set them to until you are satisfied with their result, and then they come to the warden to have it taken off and set them free.

I like this, it would definitely be better than giving people 30 minutes in the brig. There's just no reason for me to send people to the gulag right now, unless they're causing too much trouble in the brig cells.

Part 1: Remove the Labor Camp

Awhile ago, I went on a mapping/coding project to fix the labor camp.

I came to the conclusion it was fundamentally unfixable.

Yes, removing it and replacing it with something new is a good idea.

As much as I would love alternate forms of punishment that aren't "go sit in a corner for X minutes", I have to say I dislike the Labor Camp immensely, and would like to see it removed. Here are my reasons as to why:

Agreed - it is more fun for everyone when prisoners have something useful they can do.

It's not safe: Any prisoner that happens to be space proof (like Vox or Plasmamen) can quite easily escape within 2 minutes without constant supervision. Anyone else can get internals, break in, leave some way for people to escape, and Security will have nearly no way to find the prisoner in any reasonable amount of time. In addition, it's not safe for the abiding prisoners, either. Goliath, much?

The big safety issue is that mining as a prisoner will quickly expose you to depressurized areas and deadly monsters you have no defense against. It is fundamentally broken for that reason alone.

When I was trying to fix the system, before I abandoned the idea, I realized that you'd have to make a completely separate prison mining asteroid (with no random cave gen algorithm!) to make prison mining remotely viable. Creating an entirely new z-level and prison outpost for prison mining would be a LOT of work, almost as much as creating an entirely new system, and while it might fix this one problem, it would not fix any of the others. This was one of the big things that made me decide the current labor mining system is unfixable and should be replaced.

It requires constant babysitting: Mostly due to the above two points, and even moreso than regular Brig Cells. You need to have an Officer constantly on watch to make sure no funny business is going on, which more often than not would deprive the station of much needed manpower.

This is actually a solvable problem, but it isn't easy. Making it much harder to escape, much harder to cause a mess in, but easier for prisoners to get in/get out without smuggling contraband. It can be done, but it is complicated and would require much remapping/coding work.

It doesn't even work: Prisoner IDs can just send the shuttle back to the station without having collected any points. This defeats the entire purpose of forcing people to mine for points, as they can essentially just throw a tantrum and force you to brig them normally.

Correct. We can't just have an auto-release system either, or they can steal the stuff they got from the outpost. You need to have a sec officer search them before letting them out, or an automated system to throw them out almost-naked, but let them get their stuff. You need to worry about how the ore they mine gets moved to the rest of the station. There are several complications which make it way, way too much hassle to be worth it.

When it does, it doesn't for long: Due to the fact that it has no available Internals or EVA equipment, the Labor Camp can be used for as long as it takes someone to mine out the immediate area. What I mean is, so long as you don't breach into space, or any other cavern on the asteroid, you won't need internals. But the moment you do, you can kiss the labor camp goodbye, because that thing is going to sloooowly depressurize all the way to the main camp. Depending on RNG, this can effectively corral the prisoners to a very small area of operations. Not to mention, most of the available ores are Iron, which is hell for high-point sentences.

All of this is true.

It's a bloody, needless hassle: At the end of the day, considering everything I just said, the prisoner would actually be far better sitting it out than going through the whole darned Labor Camp process, wasting far fewer resources and time.

This is also true.

Or "How I learned to love slave labor".

For any of you that have played Prison Architect, you'll know what I'm talking about. For those that haven't, here's the gist of what I'm suggesting:

The Workshop itself would be located somewhere in the Prison Wing, most likely near the Permabrig. It would be a decently-sized room, perhaps with a couple of toilets thrown in for good measure (think Perma, only slightly smaller). This Workshop would have several Stamping Presses (see below), which can be used by the prisoners to stamp license plates, or circuit board molds, or whatever the heck, the item itself doesn't really matter. No tools would be provided, for obvious reasons.

Each Stamping Press would then rack up points depending on how much work was done. These points can then be collected in a Prisoner ID and, upon reaching the alloted quota, the Prisoner ID can be used on a machine by the door to open it and signal the Warden/Officers that someone has finished their work and can be released.

This sounds good thus far. I particularly like how it doesn't rely on them having any special clothes/gear/equipment, thus sidestepping all the annoying requirements of making sure they're outfitted before they start, taking the equipment back afterwards, etc. This reduces hassle greatly.

The items created could then be shipped off to Cargo, where they could be returned to Central Command for a small amount of points (think 1-2 points each, so as to not make it competitive with Plasma).

Problem: high point sentences will generate a LARGE number of items. It would be better if they just generated one item, a "stack" of plates which counted how many were in the stack and was worth an appropriate number of cargo points. That would make the product a single item to move, rather than a huge stack. AFAIK, BYOND does not handle huge stacks of items on the same tile very well.

This system would permit the prisoners to shorten their sentences through hard labor in a simple, easy way that does not require extensive babysitting and is not more at risk of a security breach than the rest of the Prison Wing. In addition, it would be far, far, far more convenient and usable for Security, as all they would have to do would be get a Prisoner ID, set the points, and drop the prisoner in the Workshop. In addition to that, it would let the prisoners actually have something to do other than sit in a cell, and hopefully keep them occupied. Hell, it lets them do something that actually benefits the rest of the crew as well, as penance!

Why not simplify it further? Why not remove prisoner IDs entirely?

Just have normal IDs be usable to accrue labor points. A console to let the prisoner out when they have enough could be very similar to the current labor camp console (but, it would have to actually work).

Doing it this way would completely eliminate the need for security to fiddle with prisoner IDs / swap IDs at all.

Part 3: The Stamping Press

I'm not a coder, and I think that's about to become super obvious in this last section.

I would propose, for the Stamping Press (image for reference), a UI similar to the claw machine. You initiate the action and, after doing so, a block of metal would appear on the bottom of the UI, and a moving Press on the top. This Press would move from the left to the right, and you would have to time it so it impacts the press in the right spot. If you fail to activate it, it simply keeps rolling and does nothing. If you miss the block of metal entirely, it also does nothing. If you stamp it properly, it generates a plate at the side of the machine, which would most likely have a crate, for ease of transportation.

That sounds pretty neat. Having an actual mini-game to it.

For the process itself, I would propose the following as well:

Green Zone: A good "hit" on the metal block, with the Press hitting most, if not all of it. Creates a "Good Plate" next to the machine, which is worth 15 Labor Points and 2 Supply Points;

Orange Zone: An average "hit" on the metal block, with the Press hitting little over half of it. Creates an "Average Plate" next to the machine, which is worth 10 Labor Points and 1 Supply Point;

Red Zone: A bad "hit" on the metal block, with the Press hitting a minimal part of it (the edges, mostly). Creates a "Worthless Plate" next to the machine, which is worth 5 Labor Points and 0 Supply Points

That also sounds pretty neat.

This way, the prisoners get to entertain themselves with a minigame, and are encouraged to do good work, in return for a faster release, in addition to generating goods that Cargo can use to get useful items for the rest of the station!

As always, feedback please!

There are two significant questions there:

• Can prisoners already given a timed sentence do this activity to lower the time? Or does this have to be their sentence, set at sentencing?

• To what extent should prisoners be allowed to choose, voluntarily, to participate in this system without security input? E.g: should a prisoner with a timed sentence be able to use this to collect points and ask sec for early release, or should the console they use be able to directly modify their cell timer? Should SOP require that security allow prisoners to reduce their timers via labor if they wish to?

Honestly, in all my time playing, I rarely see people get shipped off to the mining rock, probably because it is too much of a hassle, which makes it a waste of data. Why bother having it if 9 times out of 10 they'll never ship them there. Hell, they rarely even permabrig people, they just kill em off when they get a chance to so there is no risk of escaping.

Making a more secure permabrig, along with an activity to keep inmates busy, would probably mean more people would use the permabrig instead of lopping their head off or what have you.

[edit]

Oh, pardon me, I just realized it WASN'T connected to perma, just near it. Still, it would be nice if perma had more use in shifts.

Still so, it would do wonders for the prison system, rather than having to deal with people constantly banging on windows or trying to kill themselves because they got tossed in a cell. Idle hands are the devil's workshop, as they say.

This is all fairly accurate.

Sec don't use labor camp because: it doesn't work, its a hassle, its escapable.

Sec often prefer execution to perma because: perma is escapable, they might be overwhelmed and need truly permanent solutions, and frankly, being a ghost is more fun than being a perma prisoner.

I'm up for this, i love me some slave labor as the warden.

Can i add some more work ideas?

Tiny Chem Lab

Add a little room with one chemistry dispenser and one of them pill makers so prisoners can make medicine for the medbay. But it should not be as advanced as the ones in chemistry so they cannot make explosives, but only has basic things to make basic medicine. I'm not the best with making medicine, so i wouldn't know what basic elements would be in these basic chem stations but i'm sure someone knows exactly how to make this safe. These chems can then be used to get points like tully suggested.

Prison Garden

Just add one or two hydroponic tables or however you call those things in botany along with a hand picked set of seeds, for example banana, apples and potatoes. Also add one seed reclaiming thing that gives you seeds when you insert a fruit/vegatable, so they can keep planting. And ofcourse a little watering can and a hoe.

These fruits can then be used to get points and get you out like tully suggested. This fruit can ofcourse be brought to the kitchen, or kept in security for the hungry officers.

I don't think the tiny chem lab is a good idea.

Reasons:

• Preventing prisoners from mixing dangerous chems would be very complicated. Even extremely simple mixes like potassium+water can be explosive, sacid+plasma+phosphorus can set everything nearby on fire, and ethanol+silver+oxygen+heat produces a lethal poison that can kill you with a single syringe, sometimes before you can even get to medbay. I've killed people with it before. You *could* eliminate most of these combinations by limiting the chems the dispenser can make... but that could be very complicated to do without gimping the ability to make healing chems.

• There are some things which are dangerous but you just can't eliminate. For example, sacid (aka: sulphuric acid). This is a requirement for syptic powder, the most basic brute medication - yet a beaker of sulphuric acid can be splashed on things to burn them. See https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradis ... s_toxin.dm - sacid/reaction_mob. It will burn your face, and you can't stop prisoners making it. It does some organ damage, too.

Even if it were possible to solve all of these issues, there's no reason to do so if there's a simpler, better solution (plate stamping) available.

Prison garden is more viable - but it suffers one of the issues that the labor camp did. Lots of small items needing transport. Also, the slow growth of plants with the eventual payout suggests a system more suited to perma, than to short sentences.

I like the idea, but if we're gonna go full prison architect, we should go full prison architect and have some kind of set up for Janitor (Tracking collar and a mop that records how many messes it's cleaned up?), some kind of botanical garden for growing tower caps for wood and general produce for food. Not exactly sure how Laundry would work since most people walk around bloodstained or make use of showers to just cleanse themselves all at once, washing machines are only used now days to kill pets and assistants who get out of line.

Janitor could be a good punishment job, but there are several issues:

• They can't be allowed to clean with water, or anything else that makes floors slippery. Space cleaner only. Annoyance potential too high otherwise.

• What's to stop them simply ignoring their punishment job forever? Do they have to complete it in a certain time? If so, what happens if they exceed their allowed time?

What does it say about janitor gameplay that we'd consider making someone do that job as a punishment?

Janitors, in general, are more annoying than helpful in most rounds. I wouldn't want there to be more of them.

Letting them out on the station, even as a paroleee, is never going to give sec that feeling of control/success they get from having the prisoner under their watchful eye in the brig. Sec aren't keen on even using the labor outpost, which is a confined area with cameras. Why would they be OK with letting criminals roam the station on "supervised" release? I don't see it happening. Sec would just think "too high chance of them causing trouble" and refuse to use this punishment option.

Yes... Labor collars that keep track of certain deeds. It would be like being demoted to an assistant.. Only, if you misbehave, you get shocked.

Yeah, we could slap all kinds of features in em too, like a pin pointer and a death alarm, so inmates can't kill themselves, as well as a countermeasure if they try to take it off without the Warden's keycard, stunning them like an active stun club.

Then you could put them to work doing all sorts of insulting labor, the collars keeping track of whatever you set them to until you are satisfied with their result, and then they come to the warden to have it taken off and set them free.

That is not a labor collar. That is a training collar, also known as a shock collar. You're using electric shocks to modify behavior. Works on dogs, but can you imagine being an assistant in a shift where bad security is using shock collars to control unrest? That would go to hell fast.

Pinpointer collars would be pointless. The tracking implant already does this, but better. It can be tracked via consoles and can't be removed without surgery.

Death alarm collars are of debatable usefulness. Ultimately, you can't stop someone suiciding. At most you can know they died. But if you're keeping any sort of eye on them, you know that anyway.... right? And shouldn't parolees be required to have max sensors, so you can locate them more conveniently, using a mobile device (crew monitor), and see their location on a map?

If you want something that keeps track of their labor within a confined area of security, I still think their ID would be better. It is something they already have, and the code for tracking points on prisoner IDs already exists. Much less fiddly.

If you want something that controls prisoners on parole or supervised release outside of security... then these sort of features aren't really what you want. What you'd really want is a "recall" feature. Basically a sec-controlled telepad set to recieve only, and an implant you can put in someone that functions as a teleport get target. So, with the press of a button, you can teleport the person back to that locked room in sec. Basically, you can recall them to prison at any time if they fail to obey your commands over the radio. That negates the need to track them, it negates the need for a death alarm, it negates the need to use shocks to control them (just recall them if they disobey), etc.

However, perhaps it isn't a good idea - the concept is highly abusable. Give someone one of these, and nothing short of (presumably illegal) surgery will stop them being instantly apprehendable by security at any time. Especially if the room they get teleported to is full of, say, knockout gas (something sec can easily do, they have a canister near perma).

Teleport implants would actually be a big buff to security, too, even if never used on prisoners. Why not implant your sec team? If they scream about being murdered, just recall them. If nuke ops start breaking into the armory, mass-teleport your entire sec team back to handle it. Heck, give the Captain one so they can scream ".c AI RECALL ME" at any moment to have the AI teleport them out of danger, guaranteed. Teleport implants would be extremely powerful, both as a form of control for prisoners, and as a general utility item.

Overall:

Yes. This. Let's just have the room be reasonably secure, and use normal IDs to track points rather than requiring we fiddle with prisoner IDs. Oh, and have the plate machine create a single item (stack of plates), not 100s of individual items on the same tile.

• 2 weeks later...

The only problem with removing the labor camp that I have is that, if the mining shuttle is compromised, AI/Borgs can evacuate people from the outpost via the prison shuttle. Which is probably a very minor issue. Maybe instead of removing the labor camp entirely, replace it with an "auxiliary holding area," a big block of reinforced walls with more cells. Still probably wouldn't see much use, but sec could maybe hold prisoners there if the brig gets damaged, and it'd have less issues than the labor camp.

YES!

Absolutely just remove the labor camp. It's never used, hardly evacuated to, and is ALWAYS so barely filled with ores anyone sent there for a 15 minute charge isn't going to collect enough before having to breach into the main asteroid.

Although if people really want to keep the labor camp, we could put the pressing equipment in a revised labor camp.

Anything is better than our current labor system. And honestly I would happily work for half an hour over sitting in a cell.

Problem: high point sentences will generate a LARGE number of items. It would be better if they just generated one item, a "stack" of plates which counted how many were in the stack and was worth an appropriate number of cargo points. That would make the product a single item to move, rather than a huge stack. AFAIK, BYOND does not handle huge stacks of items on the same tile very well.

This could potentially be solved by making the item stack up to, say, 100 or so, and turning the Stamping Press into something like the Stacking Machine, so it holds up to that amount, then ejects the stack.

Why not simplify it further? Why not remove prisoner IDs entirely?

Just have normal IDs be usable to accrue labor points. A console to let the prisoner out when they have enough could be very similar to the current labor camp console (but, it would have to actually work).

Doing it this way would completely eliminate the need for security to fiddle with prisoner IDs / swap IDs at all.

I wasn't sure if this was possible when I made the suggestion, but if it is, I am absolutely for it.

Can prisoners already given a timed sentence do this activity to lower the time? Or does this have to be their sentence, set at sentencing?

To what extent should prisoners be allowed to choose, voluntarily, to participate in this system without security input? E.g: should a prisoner with a timed sentence be able to use this to collect points and ask sec for early release, or should the console they use be able to directly modify their cell timer? Should SOP require that security allow prisoners to reduce their timers via labor if they wish to?

As always, a prisoner may request a specific type of sentence, but the final sentencing is given at the moment of brigging, and prisoners may not be transferred to the workshop/cells if they were already sentenced to cell/workshop time, barring exceptional circumstances (like attempted murder of the jailors).

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a quick sprite for the stamping press, i'm not to great with dream maker coding so making it an actual object that takes metal and makes it into stuff that is worth cargo points is still going to be a big challenge for me, but i'm trying to do it. And giving it a GUI is basicly black magic for me, so i guess it's not going to be as cool as this thread wants it to be. i'm also working on remapping the labour camp to accompany some of the ideas on this thread. but if it's actually going to be put into the server when i'm done making it, no clue.

58bea2905c5cf_hydraulicpress.gif.9edfe93d5c213bd8f9f52eeac2e30f14.gif

58bea2905c5cf_hydraulicpress.gif.9edfe93d5c213bd8f9f52eeac2e30f14.gif

• 1 year later...

So this should totally exist.

However, I'm not personally capable of creating this mini-game as designed above by @TullyBBurnalot.

Can we brainstorm alternate ways/tasks?

My initial thought was around licence plate printing like the for-profit American prison system so famously does currently.They'd have to input the digits manually, then insert it for review and point allocation. (and would then be bundle-able for cargo to ship off). This also allows for edge-lords to just create hundreds of PENIS licence plates as an act of rebellion, (and no points).

Theres probably a better idea out there, but feedback welcome.

thread-necromancer.png

• Like 1

Hmm.

Personally I like the idea of the labor camp as an alternative.

Perhaps as a two birds one stone thing, have the labor camp go to lavaland? Or in the mean time an asteroid that isn't the mining one?

Still gives options for escape but it's no longer easy.

I like a lot of the ideas here. Alternatively if none of them get passed, a definite option to make the area more secure would be to go in the map and line the surrounding area with reinforced walls. Have a limited number of rocks you can mine in a confined area, so to speak - it would be more like a traditional rock-breaking yard than a mine in that sense.

We also have "Secure Airlocks" that can be utilized to make it harder for random passerby's to just break on in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use