Shadow people feature

Tauka Usanake

Okay, new suggestion. Shadow people are useless and functionally broken, but mainly because they don't have any GOOD functions. It's something in the game but doesn't have any uses, maybe only existing due to a port and nothing more.

Shadow people are similar to shadowlings, correct? They heal in the dark, die in the light, so they might have some relation to shadowings. However dying in the light isn't very good for anyone. I'd suggest than they keep their light damage or whatever, might not matter anyways, but cast darkness around them kind of like the cult constructs so they won't die right away or at all to just standing somewhere. Not a lot of darkness, but their tile keeps them safe from damage while surrounding tiles just mark that they are there. Maybe giving them dark vision wouldn't hurt either (unless that's what "darksight = 8" gives them) as they are creatures of the dark.

I mean you have this transformation available but you give it no practical use, in fact make it a death sentence for anyone who wants to use it. Might as well remove it instead

This is the first I've heard of shadow people. Are they even something that happens, or are they passengers on the adminbus waiting for their next stop?

Xenobiology can turn people into them with a certain slime extract.

^^^

As Spark said. That, and there is literally no reason to make someone a shadow person, other than for an interesting way to kill them, I guess? I don't know. Its literally pointless right now, until some changes happen to it.

I've definitely considered using the green slime mutation toxin (the stuff that turns you into a shadow person) as a means for hijacking the shuttle. Much like an engineer could go around with powergloves and the tesla wired into the grid to provide enough power to turn someone into a pile of bones, you could run around with the mutation toxin in a syringe gun. Anyone who gets hit turns into a shadow person, and since they're generally in a lit area of the station they'd quickly die and become a pile of remains. Hit enough people with that. Use emp-nades (from yellow slime cores) to take care of synthetics. It'd be a pretty neat way of hijacking the shuttle really.

Inducing a quick death is the only use shadow people can be said to have. That's fine and all, sure but utterly dumb. It's a race, a species or at least treated as one. I'd like to see it get some treatment and be made useful. Otherwise fine, it might as well be considered a chemical that slowly turns you into dust. I mean if there is no other use for it

light-reflective clothing

Light REFLECTIVE? You might as well say retarded, and I mean that in the proper sense, not the insulting one. [spoiler2]however much they could be shared[/spoiler2]

If that's your idea then you might as well live in a dark body suit. Then again being able to see out of it would be another thing...

My idea still stands. Let them emit a shadowy area around them and give them dark vision, maybe only limit them to seeing in the dark so that their vision is limited when in lighted areas. Maybe give them glowing eyes too, if you can make an overlay for it like constructs. I'd personally like if their eye color is the only thing they keep when someone transforms but that's already asking for a lot.

wiw mean

Don't make me feel bad, I'm not going to have feels over what I said. We don't need a race that acts like plasmamen anyways, requiring a special suit to exist. And when or where are you going to get one when these guys don't even exist until you Science enough into them? And if you says any kind of suit then show me a diona in one and not die due to not being in direct light.

I still <3 you though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use