Engineering Job SOP --- Complete!

TullyBBurnalot

I'll write something up.

EDIT: "Rewire" changed to "Repipe". As for the rest, I dunno, kinda feels like it'd fall under the "Common Sense" category, really. No point having that specified in company procedure.

I think atmos techs should only be allowed to create "species rooms" for Vox and Plasmamen and such only with express permission from CE/Captain before hand. Also rooms full of plasma can only end badly.

Regulations on leaving the pa too high and unattended (esp with the sing!).

Regulations on the sing in general - can I run a stage 4?

Engineers hacking to gain emergency enterance should be required to announce it.

Requirements for atmos to proclaim an area unsafe.

And ofc, don't piss off David buck.

Regulations on leaving the pa too high and unattended (esp with the sing!).

Won't do crap to the Tesla. Also, we BWOINK people is they do this with the Sing, seems redundant to have it in SOP.

Regulations on the sing in general - can I run a stage 4?

That would fall under the whole "engine integrity" thing. Do whatever you want to the damned thing, so long as it doesn't actually breach containment.

Engineers hacking to gain emergency enterance should be required to announce it.

I like the idea, but in practice, this basically gets covered by the "I just asked the AI and Department, no one responded" thing. Not to mention, who's going to fire an Engineer over hacking a door to fix a massive breach?

Can you specify? Because... I would think it'd be kinda obvious when an area is an Atmos Hazard Zone.

True, asking the AI kinda covers it to. But just seems to me an...SoP way of doing things.

"All crew: Botany is breached. Do not enter botany!"

Kinda like a wet floor sign. But for a lack of air.

Somethingsomething engineering tape?

Looks good to me. I don't know if monitoring the gravity generator needs to be added to SOP? It's almost never ever touched.

The Chief Engineer is permitted to carry a telescopic baton;

Should also add the flash to this, given the CE's locker contains one.

I feel that telecomms should be added to the CE's responsibilities in SOP. Something like the following -

The Chief Engineer, along with the Research Director, is responsible for maintaining the integrity of telecomms. The Chief Engineer may not upload malicious scripts or in any way hinder the proper functionality of Telecomms, and must diagnose and repair any issues that arise.

Similarly to TComms, should the AI also be added to the CE's SOP?

Can the word 'immediately' in point 7 of Atmos and Engineering be changed to 'promptly'? I might legitimately need to get some stuff e.g. a hardsuit / more metal before responding to the call.

Engineers must ensure there is at least one (1) hardsuit available for use at all times, unless there is an emergency that requires the use of all suits

Should be reworded to 'engineering hardsuit' and 'available on the station for use at all times', given that there's one in the outpost.

5. Engineers must periodically check on the Gravitational Singularity Engine, if it is the chosen method of power generation, in intervals of, at most, thirty (30) minutes. While the Tesla Engine is not as prone to malfunction, this action should still be undertaken for it;

6. Engineers must constantly monitor the Supermatter Engine, if it is the chosen method of power generation, if it is currently active (ie, under Emitter Fire). This is not negotiable;

Bold parts should be changed to something like 'if there is an operational X engine', cause you could say "hey this supermatter engine's not our chosen power source, we have a singularity for that".

Atmospheric Technicians are permitted to completely repipe the Atmospherics Piping Setup, provided they do not pump harmful gases into anywhere;

Should be 'anywhere except the turbine'.

Should the Mechanic SOP also apply to anyone who flies a pod created for them? If so, that would need to be added in as a new point.

Should also add the flash to this, given the CE's locker contains one.

Actually forgot that. Added.

The Chief Engineer, along with the Research Director, is responsible for maintaining the integrity of Telecommunications. The Chief Engineer may not upload malicious scripts or in any way hinder the proper functionality of Telecommunications, and must diagnose and repair any issues that arise.

This is actually perfect. Added.

Can the word 'immediately' in point 7 of Atmos and Engineering be changed to 'promptly'? I might legitimately need to get some stuff e.g. a hardsuit / more metal before responding to the call.

Stop out-nitpicking me. Added.

Should be reworded to 'engineering hardsuit' and 'available on the station for use at all times', given that there's one in the outpost.

Also a good idea. Added.

Bold parts should be changed to something like 'if there is an operational X engine', cause you could say "hey this supermatter engine's not our chosen power source, we have a singularity for that".

Anyone who legitimately employs that logic probably won't be working in Engineering for long. It's... kinda implied in the "please don't be a fucknugget" kind of way.

Should be 'anywhere except the turbine'.

Noted, added.

Should the Mechanic SOP also apply to anyone who flies a pod created for them? If so, that would need to be added in as a new point.

Also noted, also added.