Make Nucleations Playable.

Arthur_Dayne

Karma Nucleations?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually really enjoy the idea of this species, and it's also in the code already, so why not? IMO it's a lot more unique than the current selection, and with a bit of rebalancing [spoiler2]Remove the insane x2 brute and x4 burn modifiers[/spoiler2] it could prove pretty unique.

I'd have to say to remove the "dying replaces the floor and walls with nigh-unremovable supermatter floor," if we were to add it. Just a normal explosion-with-radiation sounds good enough.

Making them radiation hallucination proof would be nice, too.

It's going to take some hefty thinking and rethinking to get the race to a unique and not-another-human-reskin implementation. An implementation that's also playable, doesn't shit on other people's rounds because of racial features and is not horrible/lame.

If you can pull it off and convince the high-ups to add it, it'd be a nice thing to have.

Good luck with that, I hope you make it.

Nucleations won't ever be player selectable, mainly because if one dies it fucks the station pretty good bad. You might as well set off a supermatter shard wherever you please.

It's a shame this is an admin-only race. I'd like them to be included a bit more in the code, gamemodes at least. Personally I'd vote for a carbon based creature to be around supermatter radiation long enough that they turn into one but only at a very rare chance, the rest of that dying a horrible death and maybe disintegrating? Touching it does destroy you so if you're ballsy enough to try and become one the punishment should be the same.

These things are basically humans infused with supermatter. I can't see their functionality as they are now to be any different, especially knowing that they will never become a common sight. Being able to handle supermatter, not needing to breath, all chems and viruses not affecting them, robotics and cloning incapable, and nuclear meltdown death seem to be fitting for them as a rare sub-human race.

Nucleations are people that got sick af from SM poison and explode into pieces on death. IDK what else they got.

I would like to see a player form made that removes the SM-crystal nukedeath and instead leave a bright green radiation stain where they just were and maybe add some weaknesses/strengths against radioactive influences, though, I have never ever seen them used and it kinda feels like a waste of space if we're not planning any events using them anytime soon or if we're not letting admins have fun as/with them and the crew.

...perhaps make humans who stand near SMs for too long turn into one of these things based on RNG or something? We'd probably have to remove the nuclear bomb they leave but still

No. Not as they are now. Not until all of the species have reached an equilibrium of balance and deserved attention given to them (Plasmamen)

lower the price then mothafucka

it's like 100 karma

Plasmamen are the shiny "wow, the server really likes you!" race. However, they are essentially vox that are flammable. It would be nice to see a couple more features added to them.

vox that are flammable and can't wear any sort of different exosuit/armour whatsoever (their suits do get armour according to role, but they can NEVER change them unlike Vox), also take more burn damage, and aren't provided with a tank that can fit in a pocket (the tank only fits on the exosuit slot)

I just want nucleations to be something more seen in a round. Something possible without complete adminbus. Someone suggested a round where a nucleation is sent to the station, maybe by white ship, to try experimental healing. Syndicate tries to kidnap it while the station tries to keep it safe and heal. Also I'd like the random 1/100 chance for someone too close to supermatter to turn into one on as no one ever sets up the SM engine, but that won't happen because coding and admin race no sharing (for arguably good reasons). Don't make them playable, just make them slightly more common than never

While I agree that it would be nice to see these custom races used more in events or whatever, I do not agree that nucleations should be playable by default or even with karma. They are just not balanced for player use, so you'd need to do an entire rebalance to properly refit it for everyday use.

Also why do we have three entire species that we can never see in any normal round unless a bored admin gets a break?

Why do we have anything that can never be seen until an admin decides to use it? The ACJ? The RIGSuits?

They are for events, when someone decides to do so.

But no one ever decides to do so. Ever. I think I've seen an event where an admin was a Wryn but it was only like once, they never did it again. Why keep something lying around when you know you'll never, ever use it?

I mean at least with the adminbus/hidden guns most of them can be summoned via wizardry.

Yes, because if a race isn't a blank human it's a snowflake and if you play one you're automatically a special snowflake yourself.

Still, I say we should add a watered-down version of it somewhere or just remove it if we're not gonna actually use it. Yes, sure, it is used for events, but I can't recall any where they have starred in.

Yes, because if a race isn't a blank human it's a snowflake and if you play one you're automatically a special snowflake yourself.

You're god damn right, remove xeno scum, manity stronk!

In all seriousness though, I can't see any way having them in game could be any good, it just stinks of BRP's vox VIPs, except instead of people who throw money at the server getting it it's the popular people.

*shakes fist!

You know Plasmamen have a 100 kp count and not one person complained about their players being popularer

There's a chunk of the playable species in the karma shop and no one complains about popularity, in fact some people want certain vanilla races karma locked

These species are rewards for being a good roleplayer or a cool-ass traitor, it doesn't even mean you're popular-er necessary, it can just be that you're just that damn good.

And like some people have said if we remove their internal mininuke and just make them dust on death or something they probably won't be 200 kp ninjas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use