New Antag: Predator

sdtwbaj

Basically, we all know the predator, big bad scary guy. In this game mode, 3-4 hunters spawn on a shuttle. They are predators that have not performed their first Hunt yet. Bound by a strict code of honor during the hunt, they are tasked with...

Collecting X amount of heads

Collect the head of X person.

Escape on the Predator Shuttle.

Perform honorable suicide if any objective is not possible.

The Equipment:

Biomask. Acts as a gas mask, hardsuit helmet, and armored helmet all in one. Grants Predators other visions such as NV, or regular optical (They see thermal by default)

Hunting Jumpsuit, moderate armor value, worn under everything else.

Hunting Belt, able to hold weapons and heads.

Hunter Hardsuit, equipped with a plasma cannon which offers the ability to fire a projectile similar to the NanoTrasen Death Squad plasma rifles, but cannot do that much damage to structures. Also affords a chunk more armor and storage. No movement speed penalty.

Hunter Armband, this carries small blades that offer an attack similar to a kitchen knife, maybe something like 10 or 15 brute. It also controls the cloaking ability. Vulnerable to EMP, cloaking disables if there is collision.

Spear, a more refined version of the makeshift weapon. Offers a good amount brute damage, and can be thrown for good damage.

Combat Knife, literally just the tool already in the game.

The Abilities:

Fast healing. Given a secluded area they can rest for a minute and heal almost all wounds, including broken bones. Organ damage is not healed and blood is not restored.

Strength: Decent brute damage per punch. Instead of choking someone, they could be able to rip the head off of the person after about ten seconds of holding them in the killgrab.

Speed: Faster than humans on the station, hardsuits and armor don't deter from this.

The Counters:

The warrior is bound by a code of honor to kill itself when it fails.

Sustained damage can result in death if they can't find an isolated area.

Too big to fit in disposals.

Anything else?

I'd be willing to do some spriting for this aswell, if we don't want to nick baystation's spriting.

THE CODE OF HONOR....

1. Hunting Fair Game.

All Yautja are bound to hunt fair game, and if necessary to make the battle fair (i.e not using a plasmacaster or other weapon). Yautja are to not kill anyone weakened by disease or SSD. In addition, if the death of the prey would doom another innocent, the death must be avoided (i.e killing the last medical doctor during a surgery).

2. Failing in the Hunt.

Yautja, when seeing failure in their Hunt, will usually commit honorable suicide via detonation of their wrist bomb (or microbomb implant?).

3. Claiming Another's Trophy.

A Yautja will never claim another hunter's rightful trophy. If another hunter has injured prey, and the prey has no game left, the hunter is to respect the trophy of another. However, if the prey still shows game, as long as it is a fair fight, it will become a joint trophy.

4. Killing another Yautja.

Yautja will never kill fellow Yautja outside of self-defense.

5. Killing while Cloaked.

It is very dishonorable to kill prey while cloaked, and it shall never be done. The only exceptions to this are if the Yautja is attacked by a species it is not hunting (Vox, Humans, Plasmamen etc. are different species) or if the Yautja must remove anything between itself and it's prey in an emergency (shuttle about to leave, prey leaving station, etc.)

6. Mercy.

Those who defeat Yauja in a fair hunt, or who are the victors in a dangerous hunt (like fighting an Alien Queen) and show the Yautja mercy are considered equals with the Yautja, and must either be killed, followed by the Yautja committing suicide, or bestowed with an award.

7. Code Violation

A Yautja who breaks this code is considered renegade, and is to be terminated. They are now considered fair game.

ROUND CONDITIONS.

The Hunt fails and the Yautja do not complete their objectives - Crew Major Victory

The Yautja complete all objectives and escape alive and honorably - Yautja Major Victory

I'm not that good at round conditions, someone pls adjust.

Edited by Guest

Do the Predators cooporate? Do they work solo? Can they collect each others heads?

You're gonna need to go into specifics at to their "code of honor" if you really want this to work, but the idea has potential.

Could check around CM code if they have it open sourced, they got predators and pred gear and it wouldn't be hard to add goals to them.

Also, it isn't a plasma rifle the DS has, it's a pulse rifle.

Predators are whitelist on CM for a reason, they get easily exploitable gear in exchange for an honor code that's only enforced OOCly, meaning that if a random shitter rolled it when no admins are on, nobody's going to be having much fun that round.

I also don't think it's a great idea to have an antag with the sole purpose of murderboning, but there are already a couple in that vein so it's arguable.

so...

they are allowed to kill all sec staff (excluding brig phys) and anyone with a gun (everyone in science department and comdom staff) and they can kill any other idiot if said idiot tries to threaten them.

they cant use weapons while cloaked.

incase of viral outbreak that makes people unable to fight, leave them alone unless they try to hit you.

incase of SSD or "innocents", leave them alone (duh)

Code of honor seems similar to CM's, which isn't a bad thing. I think lore wise it's fairly accurate, although I wouldn't know and don't really consider that a deal breaker in the first place as long as the code of honor has no loopholes and the like. You'll probably have to go more in depth for the whole "fair game" rule though. Also I'm thinking this would be more suited an extremely lowpop round, if not just an event.

Anywho, still seems like a cool idea to me

Code of honor seems similar to CM's, which isn't a bad thing. I think lore wise it's fairly accurate, although I wouldn't know and don't really consider that a deal breaker in the first place as long as the code of honor has no loopholes and the like. You'll probably have to go more in depth for the whole "fair game" rule though. Also I'm thinking this would be more suited an extremely lowpop round, if not just an event.

Anywho, still seems like a cool idea to me

We'll see.

and I didn't even look at CM's code of honor.

As for the round size, maybe. I think an ideal thing for the predator would be 3-4 predators on a ~25 person round. Mind you, they're extremely well-damaging and durable. I should add victory conditions.

This is just...no. Do we really need to drag in more straight expies instead of coming up with original content? Not to mention the simplicity of their objectives. They're basically nuke ops without the nuke objective.

There is not a single original thing about this game, even our FART noises are poached. Also I don't find it very fair to compare Predators to nukies. The idea of the entire station becoming a sort of "hunting ground" is pretty far off from nukies, who's sole objectives is to bumrush the station and yakkety sax out a quickly as possible.

This is just...no. Do we really need to drag in more straight expies instead of coming up with original content? Not to mention the simplicity of their objectives. They're basically nuke ops without the nuke objective.

I'd like to think of them as a combination of nuke ops and traitors. Powerful and well equipped, but they must remain on the down-low and complete objectives.

I'd like to think of them as a combination of nuke ops and traitors. Powerful and well equipped, but they must remain on the down-low and complete objectives.

Traitors and vox raiders me thinks more. I kind of like this idea but it seems to fall short of gamemode status. I might be wrong in that case but by itself it might not be as exciting.

I don't see it working out. There's going to be too many complaints against it for reasons, murderboning already being one of them. It's sad because this would be interesting to see played

Traitors and vox raiders me thinks more. I kind of like this idea but it seems to fall short of gamemode status. I might be wrong in that case but by itself it might not be as exciting.

I don't see it working out. There's going to be too many complaints against it for reasons, murderboning already being one of them. It's sad because this would be interesting to see played

Maybe. What could be added to make it a more compatible full game mode?

Maybe. What could be added to make it a more compatible full game mode?

We're talking about Predator, correct? Throw some xenos in there, dangerous game like it was said. I think that would round it out but only if the round has gone on long enough. Either admins will need to set it or have a timer before it starts spawning in some ghosts as aliums. That's my solution at least.

Utilizing RP standards to balance an antag is notttt a good thing and is difficult to enforce---not to mention it results in a lot of he-said she-said, I-did, they-did situations.

"he attacked me from stealth!" "No I didn't, I uncloaked first!"

"I was unarmed, he killed me for no reason" "He punched me first/he pulled out his air tank/had an extinguisher on him/he had a spray bottle that could be used as a weapon"

This isn't to say that we couldn't do something like in this thread, but relying on RP guidelines or a Roleplayed "code of honor" won't balance out the antag in and of itself--it would have to be hard-coded.

Ie: in Gang game mode, there's a gang that considers it dishonorable to attack with guns---but it sure as hell isn't left up to RP to enforce this code of honor; it's hard coded to be disallowed.

I dislike this antag idea, to be honest. As far as I can tell it's just pure murderbone.

You're a clueless assistant in maint and just want to do some silly stuff? - Get murdered by a stealthy, cloaking murder machine that doesn't need YOU specifically as an objective to consider ripping your head off.

On top of that you most likely won't even get cloned, so rip.

Utilizing RP standards to balance an antag is notttt a good thing and is difficult to enforce---not to mention it results in a lot of he-said she-said, I-did, they-did situations.

"he attacked me from stealth!" "No I didn't, I uncloaked first!"

"I was unarmed, he killed me for no reason" "He punched me first/he pulled out his air tank/had an extinguisher on him/he had a spray bottle that could be used as a weapon"

This isn't to say that we couldn't do something like in this thread, but relying on RP guidelines or a Roleplayed "code of honor" won't balance out the antag in and of itself--it would have to be hard-coded.

Ie: in Gang game mode, there's a gang that considers it dishonorable to attack with guns---but it sure as hell isn't left up to RP to enforce this code of honor; it's hard coded to be disallowed.

Then hard-code a cloak to deactivate if you put a weapon in hand.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use