Increase Cortical Borer Frequency

pazneria12

I think borers are an amazing idea, but they are rarely used, I think the frequency of borers should be increased, one of my reasons for this is the amazing events that can be caused. An example of this is when i was trapped in medbay in a host, a traitor handcuffed them and we had a discussion about what she wanted from me, and i ended up in their debt, while my host had no idea to my knowlege. Another time i saved my host from a traitor by injecting them with chemicals and helping them run away, something that would have killed him otherwise. The last example of a unique event that can not happen without a borer is when there were many injured i would go into them and heal them from inside, or helping them stay alive while the medical team healed them. I feel that these events will never happen again due to the fact that borers seldom appear in these situations.

As someone who's never played as a borer and only just had his first "borer buddy" yesterday I have a question. Do borers have objectives to complete or are they more or less just out to survive?

I know some people play borers with the goal to infest as many people as possible, others use their hosts to try to kill as many people as possible, and still others simply kill the person they've infested with drug overdoses.

there only goal is to survive, i personally think that has some pros and cons, one of which being that they can help traitors or help the station, but it also means they can force someone to commit suicide, though if they time it wrong they will kill themselves as well

Borers can be fun to play, honestly.

I once popped into genetics as one.

Geneticist says "Hold up, man, I'll make you a nice skrell body."

So I get a skrell body with a generic farwa name. Walked out, went to the HoP line, captain looked at me funny, but gave me a job as the roboticist.

Worked my ass off for the next hour and a half.

Nobody found out except for a mediborg and a scientist, and they didn't really care.

Shuttle was called due to a blob, round ends.

Borers can be fun to play, honestly.

I once popped into genetics as one.

Geneticist says "Hold up, man, I'll make you a nice skrell body."

I like where this is going...

So I get a skrell body with a generic farwa name. Walked out, went to the HoP line, captain looked at me funny, but gave me a job as the roboticist.

Worked my ass off for the next hour and a half.

Nobody found out except for a mediborg and a scientist, and they didn't really care.

Shuttle was called due to a blob, round ends.

Awwwww...

In all seriousness though borers are pretty iffy IMO, sure they can be fun to play as, but it's completely dependent on the host for RP. They tend to add a lot of chaos to rounds as well, on the other hand though if nothing is going on they're a welcome distraction. That being said I don't see any harming in upping their chances a little, if only for more people to be able to experience them.

Borers are a lot like Vox Raiders in that they make terrible main antags but are halfway decent side antags like Revenants, they can't carry a round but they sure make interesting when they get involved.

I was host to a borer at round start once as RnD SciNerd. Things went peachy for the first 15 minutes or so until he decided to lay eggs right in full view of the RD, causing a panic as a SecBorg was called in to arrest me, the Borer relinquished control and pumped me full of meth, giving me the chance to robust the shit out of the RD, Flash the borg and book it to maintenance and around to the library where the borer could eject and hide in the vents.

Get dragged to security and then back to medical for a full body scan (and treatment for my new medical addiction), apparently the borer was following me through the vents and taunting the borg (borgs can always hear borers talk if they are in line of sight, fun fact) as I kept screaming for more meth to make the shakes go away (doctor said I was at 40% brain damage or something anyways), eventually medical patched me up and security decided that because I had a borer I wasn't responsible for my actions and released me. Borer almost instantly reinfected me and had me top off RnD before heading down to xenobio to fill a locker full of spawn as well as trying managing to help capture two more scientists for hosts when a few borers decided to wake up. Fun round, haven't seen borers since.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use