Map of the Cyberiad's power grid, and some notes

Malmalmalam

Not sure where to place this, but looks like this would be good. I thought people would be interested in an easier-to-see map of the power grid without having to squint at the map available on the wiki to find the power lines.

5dkx7p.png

Color codes:

Orange- East trunk

Yellow- West trunk

Green- Civilian

Light blue- Command

Light yellow- "Power sources"- Engineering, Solars

Red- Security

Dark blue- Medbay

Purple- Science

Purple squares- SMESes

Orange/yellow + other- Same power line, just demonstrating the flow of the trunk through the sector.

Purple arrow - points to the backup SMESes near the old bar.

The big splotchy rectangles are where the trunk feeds into a sector, or where a sector feeds into another sector.

Having studied the power grid, I noticed a few things...

The grid can be thought of a little like a tree. It is composed of two trunks, the orange line generally going to east/north of the station, and the yellow line going to the southwest-ish part of the station. The "root" of the tree, when only the SM/Tesla is set up, is one power line coming out of engineering a few steps down from the engi lobby's door.

The entire grid for the north half of the station, including Security, comes out of one power line from the maint cubby west of Robotics. Further, Security gets power from only one line, running out of Mr. Chang's. There are a lot of places similarly compromised. But there's also a lot of places you can patch to make the grid a little less weak. EVA, commons, primary tool storage, hallway by gravity generator...

The gravity generator and the AI satellite have no power connection whatsoever. They only have SMESes hooked to them. Not sure what's going on there. InfiniSMESes?

It would be interesting to see if each solar array could power the sector nearest it if that sector was cut off- i.e. northwest for Sec, northeast for Civvie, southeast for Science/Medbay/Command, southwest for Engi/Cargo/Command/Arrivals.

It'd be great to hear from someone if I missed something.

First post... gulp

The AI sattelite has infinismes's.

And yeah, there's a couple places you can cut (engineering maint for instance) that basically kills power the the entire station. Fun times!

This is pretty great, I play engineering on off and I find this REALLY cool as fuck.

Even as simple as what it is. Gives you a good view of all the cables, also how you can cut one cable and cause a power outage unless there is someone smart in engineering to fix it.

c:

Ehh, let me know if there is a more proper place to post this.

You think Tastyfish could stick this on his github.io think along with the death and RBI maps? I think that would be a nice location for most map-related informations

Thank you for taking the time to map it out, really neat!

It'd be cool to get something like this in game for engineers or something.

Ehh, let me know if there is a more proper place to post this.

You think Tastyfish could stick this on his github.io think along with the death and RBI maps? I think that would be a nice location for most map-related informations

I actually had been sitting on an unfinished wire / disposals map, for a while. I went ahead and got it functional and added this as a semi-transparent layer. I might adjust it to make it more visible later. http://tastyfish.github.io/paradise-wires/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use