HEY VULP LORE LOOK AT ME

Shadeykins

Bump, because it seems nothing is happening.

I'm not the one to make the call, but maybe just go with my original idea of having something rather than nothing while we're waiting?

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say it, but it /really/ seems like absolutely nothing is being discussed by the admins/whoever is in charge of the lore.

Did anyone talk about this? Are there any thoughts as to why it can/can't be the new lore? Is there anything at all happening?

I am mildly frustrated right now.

I don't think this will change my character but I will be glad if this becomes canon.

That's great, and it shouldn't.

Lore should be something that you can build a character up off of, making references to their history and fleshing it out, not something that has a stranglehold on your character and defines them within a narrow range of possibility.

• 1 month later...

Not bad except a few minor changes

*change the name to something not akin to a furry character page on DA

"Vulpkanin have a unique language that only they can speak and understand, called Canilunzt. It's a series of barking noises"

"a unique language that only they can speak and understand'

" It's a series of barking noises"

"Canilunzt"

I get why the Vox language can't be spoken by others structurally but why them? maybe not spoken but at least understood, seems a bit too special snowflaky.

The name mostly gets to me, "Vulpkanin" may as well call the Vox "Avianin" because they are birds and the Tajaran "Felisinin" because they are cats, if we are just going to name species after their anthropomorphic animal counterparts on Earth...

seriously fix their name people.

*change the name to something not akin to a furry character page on DA

The name mostly gets to me, "Vulpkanin" may as well call the Vox "Avianin" because they are birds and the Tajaran "Felisinin" because they are cats, if we are just going to name species after their anthropomorphic animal counterparts on Earth...

seriously fix their name people.

And what would you name the race that wouldn't make it sound "furry"?

I'm curious as to what you'd come up for alternative names.

"Vulpkanin" just isn't special.

Every other race (humans slimes and greys aside of course) have a unique designation, Vulpkanin? that's just a faux latiny rip off, it's the discount Dan option, kills muh immursion.

I don't see why the name should be changed to be honest. And i don't think at this point anyone would even do it since it has been Vulpkanin for a long time.

Vulpkanin" just isn't special.

And i thought that people are complainin it being too special :^)

"Vulpkanin" just isn't special.

Every other race (humans slimes and greys aside of course) have a unique designation, Vulpkanin? that's just a faux latiny rip off, it's the discount Dan option, kills muh immursion.

And? Its just a name. A name doesn't have to be special. I mean, Slime People are literally called that because they're made out of slime. Same goes for Plasmamen, who are literally just Plasma. Grey's are called Grey's because they are Grey.

Besides, its not like you're going to be calling them by their species name anyways.

And? Its just a name. A name doesn't have to be special. I mean, Slime People are literally called that because they're made out of slime. Same goes for Plasmamen, who are literally just Plasma. Grey's are called Grey's because they are Grey.

Besides, its not like you're going to be calling them by their species name anyways.

Just a name indeed, it just doesn't measure up what the other species get is all, some alternates would be nice but I guess we're stuck with what we've got.

• 2 weeks later...

TBH, I think my biggest problem with them is their name (and language name). "Vulpkanin" neither fits with it being their own name, nor the human moniker for them (Since the human monikers are otherwise very direct.)

As for the lore, looks good to me. Far better than their blurb in the code, and makes reference to how most people play them.

Something tells me after reading this and another post of yours, that you don't like the vulp race very much.

I really don't and I generally don't know why, it's just an irrational dislike that makes me just hate them.

And what would you name the race that wouldn't make it sound "furry"?

I'm curious as to what you'd come up for alternative names.

something that isn't Earth Latin for "Wolf related" would be nice, you know, give them an Earth moniker that sounds better or a name that is of their species and not a human name.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use