Adding to "Security Items"

liran424

Wow, good job so far and I learned some new things despite working in security for a while.

Though maybe should go into some more details on the Telescopic Baton. Ways to use it, WHEN to use it, best way to knock someone on their ass, etcetera etcetera.

All CMOs would be giving you their thanks for additional information on something they can't practice with and will likely need to depend on to survive.

(Captain - Gun | HoP - Gun | HoS - Extra Gun | CE - Toolbox | RD - HORRIBLE DEATH CHEMICALS TO THE FACE | CMO - Telescopic Baton)

How does it feel to be a rock star, liran424?

Although one thing I'd like to point out is that the Combat Shotgun description says it can chamber 4 types of shells, then it goes on to list 5 types of shells.

I see two issues with this page.

1) Too much text telling you *what* something is, but barely any text telling you *how* to get maximum value out of the thing.

Examples:

Example, "Security Belt"

This contains a seclite by default. You can attach that seclite to your starting taser, and turn the resulting gunlight on via right-click. Placing your taser in your suit storage slot keeps it accessible and means you have a permanently-active flashlight, whilst only taking one slot. Many officers use their security belts for storing extra handcuffs/zipties.

Example, "Portable Flasher"

It is a very bad idea to deploy these unless they are really needed, because (1) It is against SOP to deploy them at all on code green. (2) They will stun borgs in their AOE, including sec borgs, meaning they can do more harm then good in situations where you're relying on sec borgs. (3) They will burn out from repeated use, meaning if you overuse them they may not be available when you really need them. (4) Their main use is area denial to invaders, but deployable barriers against the sec/maint doors are better for this, because unlike portable flashers, trespassers can't simply walk past them.

Example, "Ion Rifle":

This is an extremely dangerous weapon. In addition to being able to one-shot IPCs, it does severe damage against borgs, disables cameras, can bolt/electrify doors, shuts off radio headsets, and does extreme damage to organics who have robotic limbs, often causing these limbs to explode and potentially cripple/kill their owner in the process. The best way to disarm someone.

Its main use is taking down mechs produced by rogue robotocists, and very rarely, a syndicate nuclear strike team's assault borg. It can also be used to deplete an opponent's energy weapons as the first move in a fight, enabling you to take them out more easily. Since NT generally uses energy weapons, and the syndicate/etc generally don't, this is of limited usefulness because it is a weapon that is generally far more effective against fellow crew (who have energy weapons) and their creations than our listed enemies (who don't).

It is also very visually distinctive, and something many traitors would like to have. Taking it out of the brig without good reason is probably a bad idea - friendly fire is a serious issues with this weapon, and if stolen it can hurt security a great deal.

Another, "BulletProof Vest":

Excellent for security officers to wear during large-scale syndicate assaults, such as nuke op invasions, as they tend to use projectile weapons almost exclusively. It is of limited use against fellow NT personnel, or anyone else wielding energy weapons.

Lastly, "Combat Shotgun":

This is a rare, NT-issue projectile weapon. It can have good damage, depending on ammo type, but you must get used to reloading to use it effectively. Its main uses are against enemies that must close to melee range to be effective, such as spiders and zombies. It is possibly the best NT-issued weapon to use against syndicate nuke ops teams, because they tend to reflect normal energy-based weapons using their energy shields.

2) There are some bits that are simply incorrect. Example:

Energy Gun

"The combination of a taser and a laser gun, just click to alternate between a killing laser and a stunning taser; they default to stun."

No.

They alternate between laser gun and DISABLER. Disabler and taser are different things. The difference can be quite significant - tasers are instant stuns but they do not pass glass walls - disablers take several shorts but will go through non-opaque materials. Confusing the two is not helpful.

You know this is a wiki... meaning if you think something is lacking, you could just alter it or add it in. All you need to do is log in and edit. you have all the right to do so.

And try not to "spoon feed" when you're editing something. You're giving a description of the item and its general uses. Not how to meta use it in this situation and how to meta use it in that situation.

Looks good!

I went through and proofread the entries, fixed some spelling/grammatical errors and touched up on some formatting inconsistencies.

I got about as far as "Sec Hardsuit Helm" before taking a break.

If you don't mind, I'll probably group them into equipment subtypes later. (Weapons, Armour, ETC).

I'll also go through the masterfile later and upload crisp 32x32 versions of all the security icons later, as well (Some of them are pretty blurry).

Of course if you wanted to do these things feel free to let me know, and I'll leave it to you.

Looks good!

I went through and proofread the entries, fixed some spelling/grammatical errors and touched up on some formatting inconsistencies.

I got about as far as "Sec Hardsuit Helm" before taking a break.

If you don't mind, I'll probably group them into equipment subtypes later. (Weapons, Armour, ETC).

I'll also go through the masterfile later and upload crisp 32x32 versions of all the security icons later, as well (Some of them are pretty blurry).

Of course if you wanted to do these things feel free to let me know, and I'll leave it to you.

Very appreciated. Thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use