Medi/Clean/Floorbot suggestion

Stephanov

Also make floorbots have an infinite amount of floor tiles. They never get used and the fact they have to be refilled is likely the reason. The whole point of these bots is to set and forget.

Although I understand that does open up the possibility of infinite floor-tile grief.

Simple suggestion:

Make it so medibots, cleanbots and floorbots use manipulators.

The higher grade manipulators, the quicker they perform their tasks

Putting another of the tasks that Robotics can do behind an R&D lock seems pretty not-that-great. I mean, you could add some extra manipulators to the map in the robolab so that robotics isn't toast if they're inexperienced and have crummy coworkers, that could very well make this viable. Of course, with the map freeze in place, a change like that will have to wait.

However, faster work speeds sounds dandy. I think it might work well if, each part that was one step away from completion could have the manipulator added at that point to enhance functionality, rather than being a lock for completion. The map edit wouldn't even be needed at that point!

Also make floorbots have an infinite amount of floor tiles. They never get used and the fact they have to be refilled is likely the reason. The whole point of these bots is to set and forget.

Although I understand that does open up the possibility of infinite floor-tile grief.

well then a easy fix for that then just to add in another floor tile that only can be place by them bots and once place when you try to remove it, it just rips and break in to a small mess on the floor.

but having say the cleanbot work faster? that freaking sweet! i will jump at this.

but for the medibot i think they can change how much units of chem they put in to a body, like the shit manipulators give it 10 unit only shots. while the best manipulators give it the power to go down to one unit of chems just barely to heal the wounded to not waste any healing chems if it was given any.

I always thought the bots should have an extra step in their construction. I mean they somehow gain mobility, sometimes a voice, and an interface be it physical or remote. This is going a little off the OP but does anyone else feel that the bots should have some more mechanics inside them?

Also make clean bots prioritize blood over dirt...its annoying af when the station is full of blood and they are going around cleaning dirt.

that do not really happen when you have a army of them :3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use