Sir Reginald Fairfield's Counter Insurgency

Gizzmo

Allow me to tell you all a story of how the great Sir Reginald Fairfield came to rise over those who would do harm, and rid the station of evildoers.

Reginald arrived on the NSS Cyberiad mid shift, and knew something was peculiar right away. The vending machines were gone, all of them. Food vendors, drink vendors, even clothing vendors, all gone. He heard over communications about different, "nations". Walking to the bridge, Reginald saw his good friend Hyperion, the current Captain of the shift. Inquiring as to what transpired, Hyperion informed that Nanotrasen had abandoned the station and the departments had split into various nations. Informing Hyperion that he would aid him should he ever need help, Reginald moved to the science department, now known as Scientopia.

Upon arrival to Scientopia, Reginald noticed all the shutters were down, all the doors were locked. Deciding to move around in maintenance, he found the Research Director and several other members of Scientopia returning from the Research Outpost with a man in handcuffs. Not wanting to put himself in a situation he did not need to be in, Reginald simply requested to speak with the Research Director, C.H.A.R.L.I.E. Their conversation did not go as well as Reginald hoped. He had quite kindly told C.H.A.R.L.I.E that his services were available to Scientopia. The Research Director denied Reginalds request in a less than kind way. Reginald simply accepted these terms, and parted his own way.

Reginald was now a mercenary, a wanderer, a nomad. He wandered the maintenance tunnels, gathering supplies, tools, and anything of use. While moving about his business, Reginald passed the bridge, and overheard a conversation about Scientopia and Brigston becoming unruly. He simply told the bridge staff that he would counter them any way he could. He swiftly moved to Cargonia to order supplies that would aid him in his mission. While there, he saw this arch enemy. The ungentlemanly-like Research Director was forming an alliance with Cargonia. With this in mind, Reginald decided he would simply take what he needed from Cargonia. Moving to the back through maintenance tunnels, he breached Cargonia's barriers and made a hidden door of his own. Moving throughout the department unseen, he saw what he was after, an EVA suit.

EVA suit equipped, Sir Reginald Fairfield moved into the depths of space. Moving himself towards the Scientopia end of the station, the situation only worsened over communications. From what he could gather, either Brigston or Scientopia fired the first lethal shots, and now they were in an all out war. Though it seemed to Reginald, that Scientopia was turning into an insurgency against all other nations.

There is was, the Research Shuttle. Reginald had finally made it to his destination. What did he find upon arrival? Not what he expected at all. Mutilated bodies, burned, charred, severed, all piled up by the Research Shuttle. Members of Scientopia and Brigston both made up this pile of death. Their gear, however, remained on their bodies. Reginald, being the kind gentleman he is, set the bodies to rest in the depths of space... But not before reclaiming any equipment that might be useful to him. Among the gear liberated, was the Head of Security's laser gun, a stun revolver, a belt of holding (full of all the tools he would need), and the ID of a fallen man of Science. Dawning his gas mask, Reginald moved into the NSS Cyberiad Science Wing from space.

Stepping foot into the glorious white-tiled Science wing, there were clear signs of battle. Pure Nitrogen gas filled the air, the walls were scorched with laser fire, and there was rubble from many explosions. Knowing exactly what he was after, Reginald moved to the Research and Development sector. Stepping into the main Research and Development room, Reginald saw the remaining members of Scientopia gearing for battle. One scientist, a Skrell, jumped into his fully equipped Gygax. The only other crew member in the room was a daft looking IPC. It was C.H.A.R.L.I.E, the arch enemy and Research Director. Neither of them cared any amount that Reginald was there, because his ID showed him as one of their loyal coworkers. After a brief conversation about their next plans, the Skrell and his Gygax were on the move, leaving only Reginald and C.H.A.R.L.I.E.

Reginald slowly walked over to the re charger in the far corner of the room. Rifling through his bag, he pulled out the Head of Security's signature laser gun, and placed it into the charger. The mere 30 seconds it took for the weapon to charge felt like a lifetime. C.H.A.R.L.I.E, completely unaware of what was about to happen, steadily produced mass amounts of weapons, while making constant threats to the station. Finally, the charging was done. Reginald picked up his weapon from the charger, calmly walked over to the Research Director, stared at it deep into the monitor, and fired upon its head point blank. Its head came clean off. Reginald knew this would not kill the IPC, but it would render it without communications, nor any way of defending itself. While C.H.A.R.L.I.E was on the floor, headless, begging for mercy, Reginald took everything it had. After taking all that made C.H.A.R.L.I.E what it was, he stopped to speak. The helpless Research Director made its final bargain for its life, promising peace to the station if it would be allowed to live. Reginald simply looked down at the headless, pitiful, Research Director and asked, "Do you require my services now, good sir?" He then fired multiple lasers into the torso of the IPC, piercing its positronic brain, leaving it completely and utterly terminated. After informing his good friends Emmanuel Cypret and Hyperion via Command Channel that the tyrant was dead, he proceeded to the Crew Transfer Shuttle a hero of the station.

I remember this.

I formed the Coolguyus nation.

It was a prosperous nation consisting of only one king and one villager, both of them were me.

And this is why you don't let Hyperion have command posts during a breakdown of civilization and or funds, as he makes poor life choices.

Rest in Pieces those who died.

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use