Nations Objective Suggestion

The_Markie

There's no goal yet so I'm gonna attempt to make one. Ten to fifteen minutes after the announcement has been made, another announcement will arrive from:

The Syndicate

They will say now that NT is going down for good due to events unknown (though suggested to be caused by them), they want to keep something as souvenirs and trophies. Since there's no Shuttle provided by NT coming for the crews, The Syndicate offers to give a ride home if they deliver unique items from the departments:

• Atmosia: the Station's Blueprints.

• Brigston: the Secway's key.

Commandtozka: the Captain's antique laser gun (or maybe soap).

Scientopia: the RD's Reactive Armor.

Medistan: the Compact Defibrillator.

Cargonia: will not have to turn in anything, instead a special pinpointer will be teleported into the QM's Office. This pinpointer can pinpoint the exact location of each of the items above.

Servicion: will not have to turn in anything, instead a special box will be teleported into the Bartender's Room, this box is how the station will turn in the items. Put all five items above into the box and activate it to teleport it back to the Syndicate.

Deciding The Winner: The nation won will be decided by swiping the ID on the box and typing the nation's/alliance's name into it before activating, which will result in the winning message "... of ...". BUT THAT'S NOT ALL, the winner can decide the fate of the station by choosing to request the nuke code, call the Shuttle or stay on the station until a later time.

Space Wizard Federation

However for the sake of variety another objective can be in place. The SWF has decided that they want a keepsake for this special occasion, and that is the collection of the unique pets on this station:

• Atmosia: Poly the parrot.

• Brigston: Sergeant Araneus.

Commandtozka: Renault (or maybe Ian).

Scientopia: Lamarr.

Medistan: Runtime.

Servicion: Pun-Pun.

Cargonia: will not have to turn in anything, instead a special "staff of delivery" will be teleported into the QM's Office. Use it on a pet to store that pet inside the staff, after all 6 have been collected, activate it to deliver the pets.

NOTE: the pets do not have to be alive, since wizardry can resurrect them after they've been delivered <:^)

Deciding The Winner: Same as above, swipe ID, type nation's/alliance's name and choose the station's fate.

FAQ

1. What if one of the items or pets is lost forever and/or unretrievable?

- That item or pet will be removed from the requirement, with a punishment from the respective faction, which means a random event will immediately happen.

1a. What if all items or pets are lost forever and/or unretrievable?

- The round ends with a loss message. The crew is abandoned forever as reports of an incoming meteor shower arrive (wow so dark :^( ).

2. Is it unbalanced to have Cargonia out of the requirement?

- Cargonia sadly doesn't have anything unique (U N D E R E S T I M A T E D Q M L Y F E). But the role they play is still very much important, in both cases they still possess an item of great value, you may even call it essential.

3. Will this encourage war between nations?

- I do not think so, Nations 2.1 already has many awkward moments where there's nothing going on and things seem to have been resolved correctly then some dumbRP happens and results in dumbfests that ultimately lead to the unfun deaths of people. This will only materialize the intention and goal between nations, leading to better diplomacy when there's something real you can actually want from each other.

4. Hey I'm a guy and I think your idea is cool and I wanna get in contact.

- Ugh fuck off, why would I wanna make friends on the internet you freaking twat.

5. Hey I'm a girl and I think your idea is and I wanna get in contact.

- Well hello there lady, I always appreciate company on this vast lonely internet, you can add me on skype: youngstudx_cherrypopper69

like and subscribe

No.

This basically turns Nations into what it used to be, but instead of flags, there's items and it's slightly harder.

Part of why this version of Nations is nice is that there is no way to properly end it, so people don't immediately go 'HEY GUYS LETS L33T NOSCOPE EVERYTHING AND WIN THIS IN THIRTY SECONDS' and murderbone everyone.

Edited by Guest

While Nations benefits from no real objectives, the round does have to end at some point or another.

Shuttle is the best way to handle it at the moment.

Perhaps, on Nation rounds, when the crew transfer vote comes up, it could just be a reset vote, or perhaps instead a timer until the round automatically ends and restarts.

Currently Nations doesn't make sense at the part that if NT dissolves and says they have abandoned the crew then why is there still a Shuttle coming?

Roleplay is where it's at in the improvised Nations. Due to that, people have a lot more power in their hands when it comes to involvement in the round.

Never played the old Nations with the CTF mechanics myself, but sounds a lot like massive murderboning is inevitable if you have an objective of taking something heavily protected.

Nations rounds have been superb with this improvised, more roleplay oriented version of it. Things you must try if you're chosen as a civilian are starting your own store, becoming a sneaky pickpocket hiding in bushes, starting your own smaller nation, a traveling merchant... The list goes on! This improvised Nations promotes such roleplay-esque actions unlike its precedessor.

Oh well then, my first post in the forum got shot down in flame :'(

The number of suggestions posted here that actually get acted on are a slim minority, at best. A lot of things that get thrown up here either simply aren't feasible or just fuck something up that needs to be left alone for the moment. I've seen suggestions get shot down and then two, three months down the road, new context gives that same idea a shitton more support than the original post. It's why I dig into the past suggestions, I try to find things that may have gone out of favor for circumstance rather than any abject premise. I'll revive those threads as time goes on and circumstances seem favorable to it, either posting a new thread or bumping the old one back up to the front. This isn't the avenue for further discussion on the topic of my post, so I'll just stop now.

Probably /thread

I have to concur with the others. Nations should not be objective based because then every player of a nation will have the inherit reason to bash the skulls of other players in the other nations.

Whereas keeping it open to interpretation will allow diplomacy rp to flourish and unique, player made, endings to be formed.

While the ideas posted here are interesting, as people have said this harkens back to the days of CTF, and we know how that went.

I -will- be looking at round-end conditions for nations 2.3, but expect those round-end conditions to have more to do with diplomacy and cooperation rather than objective gathering/greentext hunting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use