Porting Abductors from TG (I think)

David Rossi

What it says on the tin really, not sure of all the coding gaff but there's been occasional discussions in OOC over the topic.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Abductor

Take a look at the TG wiki entry on them.

Basically.. how to sum it up, Grey Raiders.

IMO, I think it's pretty cool, it'd be nice to see some extra spice instead of lame Vox Raiders who never Raid!

So yeah, what do you think? Yay or Nay? Thoughts?

Vegan said he was working on this... a few months ago now. You'd have to ask him how far his port is coming along or if he wants to baton pass the code thus far to someone else if he can't finish it anytime soon due to other commitments.

This isn't likely to happen any time soon. -tg- uses their robust organ system for all of it- we have a much shittier system that would have to be heavily modified to work for this kind of thing.

This and also their surgery system is different (a lot easier to work with).

It would require a very very large overhaul of a lot of mob code just to get their organs+surgery system...then we'd have to adapt broken bones and a few other surgeries to that new system, as well.

I really like the idea of abductors, but it requires a lot of VERY heavy system changes to be viable:

- TG Diseases

- TG organ Code

- TG surgery code

- TG NPC Human mob code (yes, automated humans that talk/do things)

Their organ code is really nice though, admittedly; it better paves the way for augmentations and having specific organs have special functions (Bay has this too, but it's not handled as well).

I actually pretty much finished porting/adapting this, IIRC. The commit should be available on my repo if anyone wants to take a look.

I, er, postponed it because I never figured out what to do with the in-hand icons after that was overhauled and haven't much time to look into it since starting uni.

• 1 month later...

Bumping because of the new organ PR

Doesn't it have to be merged first before we can think about adding these guys in?

Yes.

Another thing is, we'd need TG's camera system, as well---a HUGEEE part of abductors is teleporting people in/away, and that system is reliant on how TG and their camera chunks works.

Another two systems that we'd likely need are their disease and NPC system, as well (though the latter isn't as important).

That said, once all of these backends are in place...yeah, we can consider this.

NPC system, as well (though the latter isn't as important).

That said, once all of these backends are in place...yeah, we can consider this.

NPC system as in Sawu NPCs?

[spoiler2]Oh God.[/spoiler2]

NPC system, as well (though the latter isn't as important).

NPC system as in Sawu NPCs?

[spoiler2]Oh God.[/spoiler2]

mmhmm

Mmmm, this is good news indeed. Hopefully abductors are somewhat uncommon so they happed on occasion but not every round.

Looking at you admins who adminbus'd yourself in as blobs after the blob update. Five rounds in a row.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use