Brig Chemist (karma job)

NethIafin

Quick note - this is my first suggestion to this game, so don't judge me harshly. Thanks

This suggestion is written as if this job exists.

Brig Chemist.

This is unlockable job that costs 15 karma and is combination of Chemical Scientist and Security Personnel (not officer).

Your small office is located between armory and HoS office (maybe somewhere more remote, like to the side of fire-range) and consists of two parts - lab and testing ground. Inside lab part you can find monkey box, chem dispenser, chem master, heater, two boxes of small beakers, box of large beakers, 3x cable coils, 50 sheets of metal, screwdriver, 5x igniters+timers+signal devices, class 4 hazard suit (bomb suit), firefighting equipment and first aid kit. Testing ground is empty and separated from lab with doublesided plasma windows.

Job

You are chemical scientist with added benefit of having a loyalty implant and having common ground with HoS or Warden. Your jobs are: create medicine for your friend, brig physician; creating grenades; making chemical implants that can be beneficial for security team as whole.

You also have access to science division, but only to general science areas.

SoP

Green:

1.The Brig Chemist may not, under any circumstance, arrest anyone.

2.The Brig Chemist may not, under any circumstance, interfere with Security’s duties.

3.The Brig Chemist may not, under any circumstance, directly alter a sentence, or attempt to contest one with Security personnel. Contacting a Magistrate/IAA/NT Representative is still acceptable.

4.The Brig Chemist may not restrain a prisoner unless they are actively hostile.

5.The Brig Chemist is permitted to carry a flash and a can of pepperspray.

6.The Brig Chemist may not create explosive devices which has enough force to break station's integrity, unless directly permitted by Head of Security or Captain.

7.The Brig Chemist must provide Brig Medbay with all required medicines.

8.The Brig Chemist may not create EMP, or other detrimental to station's equipment, devices, unless directly permitted by Head of Security or Captain.

9.The Brig Chemist may not, under any circumstance, bring outside of brig area any equipment that he created.

Blue:

1. All Guidelines carry over from Code Green

2. The Brig Chemist must warn of any explosives test using security channel

Red:

1. All Guidelines carry over from Code Blue

END OF DESCRIPTION

Why this job is needed:

Sometimes I play as science chem researcher and make good grenades (healing and riot) to present them to HoS for usage. Sometimes all go well (more often than not) and HoS takes my grenades and sometimes even deploy them on the duty. However if round is filled with traitors or lings, HoS will think twice before taking grenades from you (because you can show him one that works and heals, and all other 5 you give him contain 600u of Phlogiston).

Thanks for your attention

Well, it should be a tiny room with no testing area and one set of chemical machines.

Used mostly to prepare useful combat/emergency medicine for security officers, chemical killswitches and chemical crit stabilizers in implant form.

But I think that it'd still be an overkill. Come on, a third chem room? Medical, Security and Science?

Usually when there's a Brig Phys I ask him to prepare the meds.

The problem is the Brig Phys -can't- prepare the meds that easily.

No chem access of any kind.

The best they can do is hope that the Chemists actually do their fucking job and make medicines.

I don't understand why ANOTHER chem room is bad? Especially when it has a completely separate task.

Also, I think, brig physician should have access to this room, so he can make his meds (as per what NTSAM said)

Plus the point is, that this is THE dude that creates grenades (healing or harming or stunning)

The brig isn't supposed to be some self-sufficient mini-medbay. The brig doctor has a limited supply for a reason. It's all about balance, and giving security the power of two departments is not wise.

Again, point isn't mainly in it being a chemistry but to be a place where you can build and test grenades without permit.

Also, about balance, brig already has separate atmos (that unfortunately noone sets up, but it exist), can easily generate its own power (via PACMAN) and supposed to be almost self sufficient. You don't give security much power since they can't make their own weapons. Also Brig Phys can create his own chem dispenser quite easily (with help from science ofc) and he won't be arrested (unlike QM who tries to do the same) because he is a part of security

I don't see why this should be a thing, brig medbay is supposed to be for minor boo-boos that officers and shitty clowns might get.

It's not supposed to be yet another nerdfort with only interaction with rest of the station being hauling assholes to timeout in a cell.

The problem is the Brig Phys -can't- prepare the meds that easily.

No chem access of any kind.

The best they can do is hope that the Chemists actually do their fucking job and make medicines.

It can be arranged, man. HoP, Captain - it's as easy as popping the ID in.

I agree with Arthur and Rumiluntti. A karma chemistry job? Come on...

Prison station has a full medbay in the security wing.

The real issue here is that science is too busy playing with their toys and forget to make chem dispensers for other departments.

I would have no problem with setting up a chem dispenser in the brig physician's office if asked while I'm working in Science. Just let me get research done first - takes like 30 minutes if the miners get us the right materials. There's usually several Scientists at any given time, some with little to do but sit around and wait for research to be done. If the RD is on top of things he could grab a Scientist who's idle by the collar and yell at him to get to work setting up equipment for people who need it. I guess it really depends on who's working in Science on any given shift. I think the best way to go about it is to either send a request via the messaging console or via chain-of-command communication, i.e. Brig Physicion talks to HoS talks to RD talks to non-busy Scientist who then gets the job done.

The more people can interact between departments the more fun it is. Sometimes you get an easygoing crewmember who's fine with helping out other departments without hassle (although that leaves open the possibility of them inadverdantly assisting a traitor!) and sometimes you get a hardass who demands the proper paperwork in triplicate sent to all parties and department heads involved. Either way it makes things interesting!

Security doesn't need to be a medbay all unto itself, likewise, security shouldn't be using explosive or have easy access to ultra-robust chems to even further entrench their advantage over the station.

so to sum it up, No, It will make Security bully the new job or even take it over them self to make chems making them feel like a one man army and making them feel like they can rule the station them self and well take the law into their own hands and because of the chems they bully or make them self even hard to take down and well that just a BULLSHIT storm ready to make each round VERY MORE !!FUN!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use