Make stims cost 8tc

Coldflame

There's no counter to chainsawstims and it encourages mindless murderboning. The chainsaw nerf helped this problem slightly but there's still absolutely no way to deal with it.

this probably comes across as me being really salty but seriously, fuck chainstims

I'm up for this.

I'm 120% up for this.

Down with chainboning 2559.

the chainsaw was a stupid idea and we should all feel bad for ever implementing this shitty antagbus item, imho. yes i'm salty.

I well never go for this until tasers stop being one shot stuns. Chainsaws allow antags to go a bit wild and people should be smart enough to run away. Without them, nothing fun ever happens as soon as a taser is involved. Chainsaw allows them to dodge and take them down.

I well never go for this until tasers stop being one shot stuns. Chainsaws allow antags to go a bit wild and people should be smart enough to run away. Without them, nothing fun ever happens as soon as a taser is involved. Chainsaw allows them to dodge and take them down.

stay on topic, there are plenty of threads to complain about sec in

Pretty sure my incident earlier today is the reason for this post. Gotta say, I'm for it. It's not even necessarily about the chainsaw I guess, but how stimulants make you stun immune/damage immune for a significant amount of time. And with the stimulant/chainsaw combo, how you deflect shots and can't have the chainsaw removed from your hands... you could whipe out everyone in the escape shuttle and no one could do anything about it. Not to mention chainsaws seem to push people to the ground in a single hit.

stay on topic, there are plenty of threads to complain about sec in

He is on topic.

1. Chainsaw is meant to be fearsome (not fearsome at all if you can stun with one shot).

2. Chainsaw + STIM combo is meant to make one-shot taser secguys wet their pants, because their favourite weapon will not even disarm the chainsaw-wielder.

3. Chainsaw is !!FUN!! as it doesn't end with a single tase (so special!).

4. Therefore we shouldn't nerf the STIM.

His logical argument is logical indeed. Argue with the premises instead of bitching about his dislike for current stun mechanics.

Personally, I have no opinion.

stims costing 8tc would make them never used, ever, instead all traitors would get a chemist or scientist to hook them up with meth cigarettes.

I mean meth gives you stun resistance and move speed, all you ever want with a chainsaw....

I feel like this is over due, the fact that stims cost 7 and leaves enough for a chainsaw makes for a combo that most people can't protect against not even if the person that is getting attacked has a stun weapon because they can just use the stims to kill who ever they want and if they have the objective to die it means they get "memetext" all of the time, TLDR; Its not fun for the person getting killed and its not fun for the traitor

Currently the biggest pro with stims right now is, I believe, being completely immune to stuns. It doesn't shorten them, you just can not be stunned as if you had Hulk. IIRC, you also can't take damage while its in effect. There is no defense to this, other than having to wait it out. Whatever happens with the TC cost for it, I think instead of invulnerability, it should just cut all damage taken in half.

Currently the biggest pro with stims right now is, I believe, being completely immune to stuns. It doesn't shorten them, you just can not be stunned as if you had Hulk. IIRC, you also can't take damage while its in effect. There is no defense to this, other than having to wait it out. Whatever happens with the TC cost for it, I think instead of invulnerability, it should just cut all damage taken in half.

Just wanted to point out this isn't correct at all.

It's very very much possible to kill someone under the effects of stimulants. They do heal per cycle, but they're nowhere near invincible.

It's also possible to:

- lock them down (wasting their precious 4 minutes of time they have to use stims)

- Slow them (disablers slow them to a crawl)

- Blind them

- Make them dizzy/confused (if they don't have eye protection, then flashes shut down stims users super hard)

- Purge the stims from them (security even has slugs pre-loaded with haloperidol specifically for chem rampaging people, stimulants, meth, or otherwise)

Also worth pointing out:

- Hulk is significantly more dangerous than stims, as it's not time limited.

Obligatory, "use your damn brain" statement:

- It's your fault for dying if YOU engage anyone wielding a chainsaw--it's like trying to engage a security officer who has a stun baton and riot shield and expecting to come out on top (if he's coming after you and gets you, that's one thing, but if you're swarming him and get wrecked, that's YOUR fault).

Not giving a full opinion here, just providing facts.

There's actually a few issues here.

There's:

-Chainsaws.

-Validgaming.

-Chainsaw sprees are uncreative and dull.

-You can literally gib people into meatlets with a chainsaw.

-Stims are still ridiculous either way.

-Chainsaws.

In that order.

If anything, we need to fix validgaming first.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

But no, really. Half the reason chainsaw sprees even begin to work is because people seek them out because of a desire to be 'the hero'.

Edited by Guest

Obligatory, "use your damn brain" statement:

- It's your fault for dying if YOU engage anyone wielding a chainsaw

But no, really. Half the reason chainsaw sprees even begin to work is because people seek them out because of a desire to be 'the hero'.

Pretty much this, if you hear and/or see a chainsaw then you can expect to die horribly if you go running headlong trying to bumrush said person with the chainsaw. If you see anyone doing this, then they probably dont deserve to live for very long on the station

But on the topic of the stim cost, they were probably made to cost exactly so much that you can only buy the stims and the chainsaw. If it were increased, then it would essentially be cutting a viable traitor strategy out. Besides, the stims only last for 4 minutes as I read earlier, you can wait the guy who has the chainsaw out and THEN take him down.

Now i wonder why do we have stims when we have adrenal

Isnt it basically the same thing but with the stims being better but only 4 minutes long stun immunity

And adrenal removes stuns when you want?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use