Bring back the Cyberiad AI

Mrs Dobbins

I'm confused. The AI was removed?

There was an IRC bot that allows people to see current things about the round, like the time, the game mode, how many admins were online, [spoiler2]the best admin,[/spoiler2] how many players/ what players were online, and also when the round ends and what the actual game mode was when it ended.

Yeah, no thanks.

Especially not on the gamemode thing.

The IRC is more or less a den for people to whine about their metagrudges in my experience anyhow.

Yeah, no thanks.

The IRC is more or less a den for people to whine about their metagrudges in my experience anyhow.

Obviously you don't go to the IRC often.

Also Tiger, I've off-handedly mentioned it on OOC when he was on, ahelped it and made a thread. What more can I do, sail to Norway and vandalize Chez de Regen with graffiti going on about the Cyberiad_AI until he fixes it?

vandalize Chez de Regen with graffiti
Halp Mrs Dobbins is griffing me, plz ban

[spoiler2]lol[/spoiler2]

In all seriousness though I think I'd like that. I join the server mid-round and end up just floating around as a ghost or entering a pet and then leaving it because I can't do anything. I'd like to know beforehand if the server is doing anything or not. Now to find out how to best IRC...

Yeah, no thanks.

Explain why.

Personally I've never been on Para's IRC and I do not intend to ever be. Show me your reasoning and I'll point out the fallacies.

Yeah, no thanks.

Explain why.

Personally I've never been on Para's IRC and I do not intend to ever be. Show me your reasoning and I'll point out the fallacies.

There are no "fallacies" to point out.

It's my experience. It's subjective.

Yeah, no thanks.

This has nothing to do with bringing back a bot.

You made an argument against having IRC in the first place. It's irrelevant to this discussion.

I am not arguing against your experience (experiences shouldn't be argued against), I'm merely not seeing the connection between your experience and your statement that we should not bring the bot back.

Regens turned the Cyberiad AI back on already, and shouldn't the above argument be going somewhere else, like... I dont know, the general discussion group in a separate topic?

This has nothing to do with bringing back a bot.

You made an argument against having IRC in the first place. It's irrelevant to this discussion.

I am not arguing against your experience (experiences shouldn't be argued against), I'm merely not seeing the connection between your experience and your statement that we should not bring the bot back.

I don't recall stating, or even remotely suggesting the IRC should be removed.

I'm against visible playerlists, actually, especially in a game like SS13.

Nice of you to put words in my mouth though.

Regens turned the Cyberiad AI back on already, and shouldn't the above argument be going somewhere else, like... I dont know, the general discussion group in a separate topic?

Yeah, no thanks.

No reasoning here apart from "No thanks".

Negative opinion of the IRC in general. You said it's your experience that the IRC is the way it is.

I say that you could argue on this basis that IRC is detrimental or unnecessary but not that the bot is detrimental or unnecessary. The only possible argument in that post was against IRC.

I don't recall stating, or even remotely suggesting the IRC should be removed.

It was a red herring. You spoke bad of the IRC, not of the bot. The closest of making an argument was the statement that IRC "is a den for people to whine" in your post, and that's what I pointed out.

You haven't explained your reasoning against the bot itself.

This is what you seemed to say:

1. IRC is a den for people to whine about their metagrudges in my experience anyhow.

2. Therefore we don't need the IRC playerlist bot back.

It's non-sequitur.

I'm against visible playerlists, actually, especially in a game like SS13.

Now we're getting closer. According to these snippets of information I think that you do not want visible playerlists because of metagrudging assholes who would abuse the information.

Is that right?

Please confirm so we can move forward with the argument.

Considering you could just log into the game and enter the 'who' command, and functionally do the same thing...

Also, why is there a loud argument going on in here, the request is fulfilled...

okay let's all keep arguing here yea good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats some goodshit rightthere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМНO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ good shit

But seriously, the AI was already put back, can this be locked or something so you can take your disagreement somewhere else?