Spess worm

Tauka Usanake

So since the beginning of my SS13 life I've noticed a mob of type "spaceworm". I figured this was spawned from Hydroponics for when your tray is (or in recent iterations of the code was) "filled with tiny worms". I think it's now "tiny bugs" but I haven't hydro'd in a while strangely enough. That being said, if the spaceworm code that exists works, and as a matter of fact it is included in compiles, why not have it be a thing? I think it would be awesome to have happen on the station, much more than spiderlings popping out from Hydroponics.

I thought Space Worm was a badass mining mob that would cheeki breeki your shit without a moment's glance.

not enough buzzwords?

Would be nice to see it return in a less murderboney state. I mean, maybe a fucked up little guy, but hopefully not the 100 meter long fuck that EATS SOLID ROCK.

Let me tell you something about the spess worm.

Spess worm is 5 tiles long.

1st tile is the head, this thing will kill anything and anyone it can touch for 3 seconds, diagonals apply. You can move in this 3 second period but if you are in the tiles next to it when the 3 second timer runs down, gg. The head deletes you, completely.

The head can also eat mechs, walls, windows, spacetime, love and hope.

Tiles 2-4 are body tiles, if you hurt one of these by accident, it splits into NEW WORMS, making a new head for the new !FUN! friend.

Tile 5 is the asshole of the worm, you end up in here and so does everything you keep dear. It shits plasma sheets. This goddamn abomination eats greytide and shits plasma, sounds like something that NT would farm like crazy but the pure deadliness and fuck you factors this horrible fucker has makes it unfeasible option.

"Yeah lol I just shoot the head until it dies!"

No. It's bugged to shit. If you kill the head, you have something like 50% chance to spawn 2 NEW worms to fuck your shit up.

Let me tell you something about the spess worm.

-snip-

I want to think I was more or less aware of most of this due to:

So it's like the Devourer or the Eater of Worlds from Terraria but 100% more robust?

but I was not aware of its murder functionalities. I'm more or less sure that it was a broken mob due to it never being used. It wouldn't be so bad to maybe revisit it and make it so that it doesn't eat you right away. Maybe just dead mobs or gibs instead of deletes. I think it would make an interesting gamemode similar to what blob is. Way more dangerous sure because of all the holes it makes but you could make it slower if that's the case.

But now I know a little more about the spess worm so thanks. Still kind of want it

Space Worm mode sounds like a fun gamemode.

Start as small as a borer, eat pets, grow bigger, kill and eat dudes, get bigger, eat station, get bigger. The Visitor style or something.

Also the spess worm has a very !!FUN!! functionality with the singlo. If it can out run it, each piece that is seperated from the head due to the singlo dragging becomes a new worm. I had 5 of thhem running around the shuttle once after I learned this.

Also the spess worm has a very !!FUN!! functionality with the singlo. If it can out run it, each piece that is seperated from the head die to the singlo dragging becomes a new worm. I had 5 of thhem running around the shuttle once after I learned this.

Ow, that's bad. Can't it be made to have functionality like the Eater/Destroyer of Worlds from Terraria? That thing needs at least three body parts if I recall in order to be a worm (having two would just be stupid). A single piece broken off would count as a dead worm bit. That's how it should work at least.

Also make it so that containment fields also contain the worm. I mean it keeps a freaking black hole from getting out and I think it still murders people who touch it so why not block the worm?

Start as small as a borer, eat pets, grow bigger, kill and eat dudes, get bigger, eat station, get bigger. The Visitor style or something.

I like this idea the most.

I like this idea the most.

I don't know, we have enough gamemodes like that. I want some NPC gamemodes. I want a giant worm to come out from space or bluespace and try eating the station up. Or have the worms in hydroponics mutate into such a monster. We don't need another "get big or die" antag.

The thing is, most hostile NPCs I've seen are horribly, horribly, horribly broken.

IIRC it's one of the multitude of reasons we removed the Gauntlet away mission, because they wouldn't act right.

The thing is, most hostile NPCs I've seen are horribly, horribly, horribly broken.

IIRC it's one of the multitude of reasons we removed the Gauntlet away mission, because they wouldn't act right.

It wasn't even remotely one of the reasons why the Gauntlet away missions was removed.

That was removed solely because of the risk/reward.

Then IR Inc..orrectly.

But hostile NPCs suck compared to players, anyway, in my opinion.

They do, yes, but because they're typically overpowered in 1-1 scenarios.

They bumrush the player and are unstunnable.

This makes them very effective in close quarters, and hilariously ineffective in every other situation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use