Remove end of round Grief

PPI

simply isn't enough for me to unpack all of my rage :3

* Summons the BANHAMMER *

Hmm?

He obviously meant this hammer.

3030_16-oz._wood_rip_hammer_tekton.jpg

Can we at least have a semi-IC reason that everyone murders everyone at round end? I understand that there is no reason whatsoever to have one but it would make getting completely destroyed a bit more reasonable. It could be something like tradition because Nanotrasen is just going to clone everyone afterwards. Hell, maybe they do it because everyone's expected to die anyways and NT has the cloning chambers all set up and ready. It's become such tradition that it's now almost company policy that they don't bother to tell you until your ruined corpse is found on the shuttle or the bloodied arrival halls at Central Command.

I thought that Fox McCloud once said, in IC chat, that when everyone gets to CentComm they go crazy because of some gas. Sounds like a good enough explanation, you know CentComm is a bunch of cruel bastards.

I thought that Fox McCloud once said, in IC chat, that when everyone gets to CentComm they go crazy because of some gas. Sounds like a good enough explanation, you know CentComm is a bunch of cruel bastards.

Sounds more like an excuse than a reason, no offence. I don't really care for that explanation but it's whatever. I pretty much stay off the shuttle now.

Stay on topic, please.

mm Yes, as we were saying If you don't want to face the end of the round crazy killing stuff, just hop in a pod and block it off.

So basically deprive other players of being able to escape, (especially if escape is on FIRE), just because you don't want to deal with people?

Seems to cause more trouble than benefit really.

Stay on topic, please.

mm Yes, as we were saying If you don't want to face the end of the round crazy killing stuff, just hop in a pod and block it off.

So basically deprive other players of being able to escape, (especially if escape is on FIRE), just because you don't want to deal with people?

This.

Don't be a jerk and lock people off from their possibly only hope.

If you don't want to deal with people end-round just get off your selfish ass and get a snack.

And this is in general too, if you don't like End-Round grief, just leave the PC and do something that'll last you barely even a minute.

Or how about...

Round is over and has no bearing on anything.

And is therefore not even IC, and requires no explanation.

Once again I'm solidly against this.

I won't be able to let off steam without that 60 seconds at the end.

This will force me to metagrudge against everyone.

And poking fun at this and trying to legitimize the removal of End of Round "grief" certainly helps.

It exists because it's impossible to manage an end of round hugbox which leads to a fuckton of pointless ban appeals.

More Work, with no benefit < Less Work

Edited by Guest

Post-round grief serves as a pressure release valve where everyone can just let loose and cool off. It's noticeably worse following shitty rounds than, say, in Extended rounds where nothing happens. It's there so all the pent up frustration has somewhere to go.

As for the RP argument, no. Just no. You had 1-2 hours to RP with people. That one last minute isn't going to impact your RP experience negatively. At all.

This.

Don't be a jerk and lock people off from their possibly only hope.

If you don't want to deal with people end-round just get off your selfish ass and get a snack.

And this is in general too, if you don't like End-Round grief, just leave the PC and do something that'll last you barely even a minute.

Oh, but i'm not a jerk, I do let people on after I get their word that won't do some bullshit, and after the pod is filled then i block it off.

I wouldn't call this "canon" per se---I like roleplaying things and coming up with logical, explainable explanations for the way things are in SS13; I was talking to a few IC friends and the topic of protecting oneself post-round came up as an IC thing, so....I fired back with an IC explanation as to why, but was musing as to why some were impacted and others were not.

This is just me having fun in an RP sense, it's by no means canon =p

There doesn't have to be an official explanation for everything, afterall =p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use