Situation Testing or some shit.

NTSAM

So we know you're not a cuck trying to start shit when you first join. Makes people ACTUALLY READ THE RULES WHEN THEY'RE NEW instead of just letting them limp on by as a greytide..

Just something simple, begins before you first enter the game at the lobby. The screen you get first can be something along the lines of "Hello, [name]. This is your first time playing on this server and we'd like you to make sure you aren't here just to cause problems. Feel free to keep the Rules tab open while taking this short test." ((something like 5-6 questions or whatever. Dunno, probably shouldn't make it ultra-long.))

Then the questions can go something like "What should you do if you're beaten senseless by some mute bald guy with a toolbox to the point of crit?" with answers like "Adminhelp the situation" "freak the fuck out and kill him" "let it just happen" or whatever. If they get below half or something below like 3/5 then they have to retry until they can at least function like a normal player.

tl;dr implement a short confirmation system that makes sure baldies can operate right.

Probably a pretty fucking stupid idea, and I probably didn't explain it well enough. Probably not even possible, either, but a man can dream.

Probably a pretty fucking stupid idea, and I probably didn't explain it well enough. Probably not even possible, either, but a man can dream.

Yes, yes, and yes, but otherwise I wouldn't be against it. However I'd make it so you have to get a PERFECT score to continue.

However I don't think there is a way to enforce not joining without taking that test

Don't think it would be TOO tricky, technology wise. Before the declare ready/join game button can go through, check in the database whether the user's passed the quiz or not, and force them to take it if they haven't. However, if it's multiple-choice, as with most quizzes to check if someone is a sane, rational, person, it's probably going to read like this, lest you risk ambiguous answers:

1) Someone took the last pair of insulated gloves. What do you do?

a) Hunt them down, stunprod them, and extract and eat their still-beating heart in front of them.

b) Go to cargo to ask for more

c) Spam pray 50 times in hopes of another pair

d) Complain loudly over the radio with poor spelling

I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader which one is the "correct" answer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use