Shadowling Evolution Overriding species

De Onut

GODDAMNED SNOWFLAKE SPECIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I'll see about fixing this. Just to make sure, are you having these issues while in the cocoon while hatching, or afterwards?

It begins right as the process starts, as it strips everything. (Vox N2, Plasmamen hardsuits)

It continues to cause toxic (for Vox) or burn (Plasmamen) after the evolution process. Though, with the plasmamen side, I have not experienced it personally, but have witnessed it. Also, Diona may need to be looked into. Shadowlings dying due to a lack of light would be somewhat amusing, yet sad.

Plasmamen will have enough time to hatch without dying due to the flames, but the fire more or less bugs the hell out and produces infinite light on the player, which then turns the newly transformed shadowling to dust.

I have first hand experience with this. >_>

Can't changing the species to shadow people fix it? I think I saw that on some admin panel on local, and while I didn't look at the code at all, it should fix it, right?

Wouldn't that make shadowlings take twice the damage from light (as they're both a shadowperson and a shadowling)?

Can't changing the species to shadow people fix it? I think I saw that on some admin panel on local, and while I didn't look at the code at all, it should fix it, right?

Wouldn't that make shadowlings take twice the damage from light (as they're both a shadowperson and a shadowling)?

When you hatch, you drop everything and lay down in a 3x3 cube of xeno resin (It really is, don't lie), at which you sit there until the game sets your race to Shadowling.

He's proposing making you a Shadow Person during this time period I believe, so you wouldn't get the Shadowling powers but you also don't die while "hatching" while keeping it thematic.

Pretty much. Basically, instead of changing the species after the cocoon things hatches, change straight away, which shouldn't stack the light damage, I think? And even if it stacks, it'd mean the light damage was snowflaked into the shadowling, so removing it and keeping the light damage to the race only should fix it, maybe.

They already get their species changed to the shadowling species, which is a subtype of shadow people; however the species change happens as hatching finishes. The strange thing is, after the species change, they shouldn't at all be catching on fire/suffocating because their species no longer has the properties of their original one.

The only reason I can see for species NOT to change is in the off chance that someone finds the cocoon and rips it open before the hatch is completed. Other than that, a big +1 from me for changing/removing species vulnerabilities upon cocooning.

Only other way I can think to do it is to have it set the hatched sling to full health upon hatching and automatically extinguish all lights in the area to include putting out fires as it hatches or a moment before.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use