Additional Means to Open Locked Containers (Crates, Lockers)

unmovedmover

Closets and crates are very easy to open, there are many ways to crack them...

Lock boxes on the other hand either require command access or an emag.

This is so for good reason though. If lock boxes were at all openable by science then every round you would have a horde of annoying and over armed powergaming griffers who run around tazing everyone and their corgi. Trust me, I used to lead them...

If lock boxes were physically breakable it'd be guaranteed science would be running around with death lasers every single round, just like old times :P

That said though, being able to thermite them open or something wouldn't be too bad if there were immediate repercussions for the would be griffin.

Maybe an alarm like the one the cap's laser case gets? A spray of nasty gas? a flashbang? a very loud noise? all of the above?

Really, getting into those damn boxes shouldn't be as impossible as they are IMO, if there were just more downsides to the whole thing it could work if anyone has the time to code it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What if locked crates could be unlocked with ONLY the full-sized won't-fit-on-toolbelt crowbar (I'm sure there's more than simply the one at the sec checkpoint ordinary locker), and it would take 3-5 minutes of standing still, with multiple noises and notifications broadcast to nearby players.

traitor-only crowbar would be cheaper and stealthier, except only for opening things.

Debatable. Emag can do so much more, and you need it anyway. It's your ultimate all-in-one combo.

We don't need a niche noisy crowbar that takes time to open things. The only redeeming feature is that it looks like a crowbar.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use