Move experimentor

Lolzyking

I feel the experimentor should be moved

Reasons

1) it kills random ipcs nearby in science with its emp

2) it emps and sometimes explodes the rnd server

3) it sometimes eats the geneticists and their tourretes farwa's soul

I feel the best place to move it to, is the research outpost.

The Experimentor should not be moved anywhere precisely because of #3.

All other losses can be written off, I'll happily take any ill effects as long as it's responsible for occasionally ruining a geneticist's day.

I'm being dead serious

While I'd like the Research Outpost have some use again (Instead of being removed), I don't think the E.X.P.E.R.I.-MENTOR should be moved to it.

If an IPC/ someone with robotic organs/ body parts is using it and an EMP wave goes out (Which WILL happen at least twice per round if they're actively testing), nobody will ever find out they got EMP'd and died unless another scientist happens to be there/ walk into it. They don't show up on the CMC on station, either, and the AI is highly unlikely to look out for them.

Your second point is an issue, however. Perhaps we could move it somewhere else on the station.

It'd make sense for the operator to be able to walk to a faraday cage of sorts, so chars like mine with four robotic limbs don't die every time ;_;

Oh yeah, last night, this dude Majordormo Executus or whatever that was a coworker kept getting EMPd.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, it needs a "Warning: Electromagnetic Pulses" sign as well.

My major problem is IPC outside of the experimentor room die.

Also Toxins never destroys the RND server,

Do you understand the pain, of getting maxed research, just about to back it up, when chucklefuck machine deletes it all.

I[...]

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, it needs a "Warning: Electromagnetic Pulses" sign as well.

exactly my thoughts. yello black lines marking a space where random EMPs can occur. it is the same with the Singularity, no sane crew with robotic body parts would go there.

although the singularity is on a remote place where nobody can accidently run into it. maybe swap bomb testing with the E.X.P.E.R.I.-MENTOR so it is not in the middle of the station but at the edge

The Experimentor should not be moved anywhere precisely because of #3.I'm being dead serious

I sense a strong dislike for Genetics on this station. :P

While I'd like the Research Outpost have some use again (Instead of being removed), I don't think the E.X.P.E.R.I.-MENTOR should be moved to it.

I think it wouldn't hurt to move it over there. Not like it's getting any use and it be a way less dangerous location for something as wild as that.

Here's a thought. Why not switch it out with the testing lab? No idea what that room is used for but it seems out of the way enough from everything else Science.

There is a pretty good reason the /tg/station expirimentor is where our science shuttle is, its far enough away from everything else that even it explodes or sets the air on fire it's not going to destroy anyone else's job.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use