A few wildly differently sized suggestions.

ErinCrowe

So I don't know if the graphics thread I posted would really state that I'm open to having these added but here are my most wanted additions out of my sprite pool.

(I am willing to change these as best as I can if needed.)

Probably the easiest suggestion: Crutches

aE4pMLR.png

Crutches would allow people with broken, missing or splinted legs (I think thats the word?) to move around with relative ease.

If you have only one crutch it would be a little slower and during the first few minutes you have a slight chance of falling over.

Two crutches makes things a little easier at the cost of you being able to use either of your hands for the period that you hold both crutches.

You would move faster and not trip over unless the floor is wet or has a banana or other slippery object on it like normal.

Crutches will only work so long as you have one working leg still, otherwise you will need a wheelchair.

I lied, this is probably the easiest: Walkers

0IqiGJ3.png

Walkers would be able to carry a bag on the front of them and will keep whoever is using them from slipping on wet floors, however they are slow and require both of your hands to push them.

And besides, what are you all ageist? You don't want to be ageist on the internet. Else the tumblr-kin will invade us!

WOAH WHERE DID THAT COME FROM suggestion: Necromorphs

AegFRYx.png

Yeah, Necromorphs.

Now hear me out! These essentially work similarly to aliens. They walk slowly but have a short sprint burst which knocks over whoever they hit but stops as soon as they hit something or after a second or two.

They don't get acid spit, instead their claws can tear open doors even if they are powered, break down walls and they have a scream which destroys lights or something IDK.

In order to reproduce they must find player corpses or kill players and take said corpses away from a public area so that they can turn it into one of their own.

This would take some time and is best done in the darkness to speed it up a slight amount.

They also have the ability changelings have which allow them to come back after they have died so long as they still have one limb or more, if they have no limbs they can also be brought back by leaving them around non-converted corpses.

(They could also be a genetics mishap maybe?)

So mostly a mishmash of already existing things. Aliens that are robust and don't use facehuggers, and the changeling ability to come back to life if they have limbs.

I think that should be fairly easy compared to making them from absolute scratch but hey! What do I know!

I lied, this is probably the easiest: Walkers

0IqiGJ3.png

Walkers would be able to carry a bag on the front of them and will keep whoever is using them from slipping on wet floors, however they are slow and require both of your hands to push them.

And besides, what are you all ageist? You don't want to be ageist on the internet. Else the tumblr-kin will invade us!

old-man-with-walker.jpg

Git off muh station, you darn rascals!

AegFRYx.png

Yeah, Necromorphs.

Now hear me out! These essentially work similarly to aliens. They walk slowly but have a short sprint burst which knocks over whoever they hit but stops as soon as they hit something or after a second or two.

They don't get acid spit, instead their claws can tear open doors even if they are powered, break down walls and they have a scream which destroys lights or something IDK.

In order to reproduce they must find player corpses or kill players and take said corpses away from a public area so that they can turn it into one of their own.

This would take some time and is best done in the darkness to speed it up a slight amount.

They also have the ability changelings have which allow them to come back after they have died so long as they still have one limb or more, if they have no limbs they can also be brought back by leaving them around non-converted corpses.

So mostly a mishmash of already existing things. Aliens that are robust and don't use facehuggers, and the changeling ability to come back to life if they have limbs.

I think that should be fairly easy compared to making them from absolute scratch but hey! What do I know!

It may seem like ripping off of aliens but, perhaps giving different types of necromorphs? It'd be quite dead space like. (I haven't played any but I've seen some crazy looking things)

A hunter like one.. sentinel etc.etc.

For the necromorph thing, I think it would be cool to have a sort of "convert" verb where necromorphs can convert living people to Unitologists. Idk it may just sound like revs. How about only necromorphs can convert, and they have to be holding them or something? (I know that's not how it works in dedspess but for the sake of balance and not just having xenos+revolution at the same time.)

AegFRYx.png

Yeah, Necromorphs.

It may seem like ripping off of aliens but, perhaps giving different types of necromorphs? It'd be quite dead space like. (I haven't played any but I've seen some crazy looking things)

A hunter like one.. sentinel etc.etc.

I had actually thought of that it's just that I've been too lazy to do them on my own and don't know if anybody even wants to put work into them yet.

My original plans were to have the regular ones which lunge at you and deal tons of damage, a breeder which if i remember correctly from the game was a little thing that went around drilling into peoples skulls and a few others like stationary turrets to defend the spire thing which are essentially tendrils and acid spitting. But I wanted to keep ranged attacks limited since they are supposed to be powerful close range.

I know there are other types and I could make up my own but I'm not a deadspace fan and don't know how most of them work so yeah, I'm kind of winging it since I think it would be cool.

Plus although it may not seem like it I am trying to keep it somewhat simple by combining already existing things but making them their own experience.

Yes. YES

PLEASE.

MAKE IT A GENETICS THING.

That'll teach them to get hulk! >:3

YEEEESSS, THE EVIL! >:)

But yeah on a serious note, perhaps something like Revenant, a mini antag of sorts which has to earn harvests etc. Which is eating a certain amount of things. Could go from Mice being like 1 unitofsomething to Players being 30.

Or it could be a full fledged mode/event similar to aliens. It's neat and scary.

Yes. YES

PLEASE.

MAKE IT A GENETICS THING.

That'll teach them to get hulk! >:3

*loads plasma cutter like le badass*

Time to curb stomp some geneticists...

As a Genericist/Engineer. I have a feeling that the geneticists would be more likely to turn themselves into necromorphs then the Wolfpin would be to hop out with extra arms. I mean, most geneticists just leave the subject in the machine and jab themselves with needles to test.

Add the crutches as a less fancy alternative to walking canes in Medbay.

The walking canes are already coded, as far as I've seen it - it works when your leg is not up to the task, so you can move at running speed.

Just use the existing code for it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use